Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brooking no argument for babies who sleep, eat, smile and behave perfectly at all times. Yeah right!

(1000 Posts)

New thread, here we go...

Ooh I'm really excited about it now then Biscuits. Oh btw I had a Duh moment earlier when I realised that I bet you come under a different council to us. We're city, I bet you're county?

Thanks for that cakes

Yes we are - I didn't twig that either grin

The application window is open here too though until mid Jan

PetWoman Fri 16-Nov-12 21:59:13

Hi Fairies !

Can't copy the list to add myself as I'm on my phone, but I have DS, 7.5 months.

Cakes I have to say that sleep / waking / feeding sounds relatively normal to me for a 6 week old. Sorry. But I'm sure it'll keep improving until she hits 6 months .

PetWoman Fri 16-Nov-12 22:47:23

Two stories for y'all (am feeding DS to sleep for the third time tonight).

1: the other day I had DS on his change mat and bent to kiss his face just as he spat out some vomit. I narrowly escaped ingesting it. The cat then walked into the room with a cheery meow, to be greeted by a jet of wee which DS produced as I was wiping up the vomit. Luckily the cat dodged the unfortunate fountain, but I could see him mentally computing this new hazard and adding it to his list of grievances against DS (chief amongst which is him crying too loudly when the cat is trying to sleep hmm ).

2: the night before last I had just resettled DS after his first wake-up when the cat intercepted me on the way back to bed and asked me to turn the bathroom tap on for him so he could have a drink. I waited politely until he'd finished, then stumbled back to bed. The cat also curled up companiably on the end of our bed. Then, just as I was falling asleep, the cat leapt to his feet and vomited copiously on the bed - with such force that it had clearly taken him by surprise, and splashed all over the floor. Now DH was in the middle of Ofsted so I nobly let him rest and got out of bed again and cleared it all up, gagging quietly to myself as I did so. Just as I was falling asleep, the cat returned to do apologetic purry padding and nuzzle my face affectionately. Knowing what had just passed his lips made me a little less than warm in my welcome, but nonetheless, the cat curled up by my shoulder and went to sleep. And then DS woke up again. Just as he was dropping back to sleep on my lap, the cat stomped into the room and meowed loudly to be let out. He then tried to jump onto the chair beside DS and knocked a teddy over. As he began noisily sharpening his claws on the chair, I texted DH in despair to open the cat flap before the furry beast woke DS yet again. All this happened before midnight.

Anyone want a cat? grin

According to ds we should have a cat. His reasoning? We have a cat flap therefore we need a cat for it. Unfortunately we are moving next week so no longer have the need for a cat grin

He he pet, you've cheered me up smile

Temporarily anyway. I'm brooking no argument that i will get some sleep tonight. Why, why, is this illness situation so badly designed so its all worse at night?? Mild temp all day, 38.6 now. Gah... Not sleeping for more than 10 min at a time. And i am a terrible mother, losing patience already.... sad

just to amuse myself before bed and as I am about a month too early for a christmas namechange thread, I am going to ask what you think of my seasonal suggestions

NinjaChipmunksGotSparklyAntlers
NinjaChipmunksGotBigBaubles
NinjaChipmunksOnTopOfTheTree

I'm bored, can you tell?

You are not a terrible mother dream far from it, you've had basically a year of being sleep deprived from what I can recall. Probably a bit of a daft question but would opening a window a crack help them with their stuffiness? <I know you are up north somewhere so appreciate its probably a lot colder than down here> I hope they settle for you soon.

Holy sh*t, night from hell. S inconsolable from 10pm to 3am. Hot too, so dh took him out in the buggy in the cold. He just screamed sad . Even dh worried as no obvious reason why he was so distraught but as the night went on it was clearer he's got a cough and is really hinged up. He finally crashed at 4am and dozed til 5:30, then slept on me with some jiggling til 6:30. We are knackered sad sad

And having not been out without children, ever, or seen any non-mummy friends since they were born, my best friends are meant to be coming today, from Reading way and Manchester. Argh!!!!! I'd been so looking forward to it, but now I'm just exhausted with ill children...

Erm, he's bunged up of course.

And, clearly, B is coughing now too...

Oh no dream sad

Poor you. I hope you manage to enjoy your day with your friends anyway. The kids might be all distracted by new people/entertainment and be less demanding?

brew brew brew

Poor you dream and poor poorly dream family sad

Also hope you can have a lovely day anyway and that the littlies are distracted by the different faces. Hopefully they're better in the daytime like they have been the last few days? And then forget to get worse at night again <hopeful>

Well blow me down with a feather, DS2 only went to sleep on his own tonight! As in I put him down awake and he settled himself off to sleep shock

<fans self and pours wine>

Good for you E!!

My friends have gone early, it was lovely to see them but the demands of an ill baby, a well baby and a toddler after 2 hours sleep were too much... Toddler limp improving, I hope- she's less unhappy about it today anyway, though its still pronounced. But just noticed before, she's got threadworm. I'm mortified and horrified, even though I insist on proper handwashing in the sink before every meal. Fucking threadworm. Dh says it'll be because she's a thumb sucker/ finger sucker, so as soon as she touches something she transfers it to her mouth. Either way, sad

I'm just out of the shower and off to bed now. Quick. In case It's like last night, s not a happy bunny today, cried and cried and cried...

pomme seriously considering formula now based on your verdict of A's sleep. Going to push the beaker, still only on sips...

How do you know she has threadworm? What are the symptoms / implications? Ds1 is a thumb sucker so nothing would surprise me with him! Hope it's not too bad?

Oh no, poor DD * Dream*. My DSIS used to get it loads when we were kids. Used to make me so cross because I was also forced to drink the repulsive drink even though I was unaffected. Biscuits I think the most common sign is them scratching their bums. If you notice them doing it a lot you need to check out their poo. But you can't always see them in the poo. Apparently the best way is to wait until they're asleep and then shine a torch and check out the exit area and you can seem them crawling out <boak>

Then it's a nasty drink for the whole family and everything washed on a hot wash daily for a few days. That was the advice in the 80s anyway. I'm sure Dream can correct me if it's changed.

Fuck. DH and I have spent all evening blowing up balloons, it's took ages to get them all up on the walls and they keep bursting randomly. It's like fireworks going off in the house. One of the kids are bound to wake up screaming any minute. Don't buy cheapo balloons from Asda. I suspect I may spend the whole night leaping out of my skin every time I get back to sleep.

Oh it's got to be NinjaChipmunksGotBigBaubles grin

Ergh. Another joyful parenting task then! Thanks for the info though Scarlet smile

Hope today goes well for you too and that the balloons add an extra air of excitement grin

jaggythistle Sun 18-Nov-12 07:32:10

hope some balloons last scarlet!

eew to threadworms dream. sad I'm a bit paranoid about this as i have a thumb sucker too, I'm sure we'll get them sometime.

DS2 is more of a random hand chewer unless he's v sleepy. unlike DS1 he doesn't seem to find his thumb at night though. unless he does and would somehow sleep worse without it? i think he's up every 1-2 hours at the moment so maybe with no thumb he'd just stay awake all night...

I'm ending up with him in bed beside me more and more, even when i have good intentions to put him back, i fall asleep sitting up which is v uncomfortable. I'd rather snuggle him in and get some sleep, especially now I'm back at work!

managed to sneak DS2 back to the cot at 7am. just waiting for the boys to wake each other up now...

Yes, spotted one exiting biscuits . Eeew, and scarlet is right,except dh says you'd usually re-treat after 2 weeks as the eggs can survive in dust, on towels, surfaces, bedding, swooshed round in the air and resettleg etc for 2 weeks. I'm so totally grossed out... Think I can't take the stuff, just hygiene measures like handwashing, not sharing towels, vacuuming mattresses. I'm a bit worried though as I do wash my hands constantly so they look like old lady hands and always chapped we have a cleaner so bedrooms always dusted and vacuumed once a week at least- I didn't think we were that minging. Dh reckons she's picking them up from a playgroup.

Slightly better night here though still managed a good argument about ridiculous things (like who's most tired, who leaves who to struggle most at night etc etc) when both were up. B seems to be getting s's bug.

I agree, ninjachipmunksgotbigbaubles grin grin

Hope today is lovely scarlet and you didn't get woken by 'fireworks' in the night smile

Have a lovely day scarlet and dream I hope the worms go soon. Maybe a nail brush might help? You don't sound minging by the way, you're probably a damn sight cleaner than we are!
I think I may go for big shiny/ glittery baubles unless I can think of something sillier.
I am surrounded by boxes and bubble wrap. I have 4 days to pack my worldly possessions. Me no likey.

FairiesWearPoppies Sun 18-Nov-12 10:22:35

Spent lovely morning at the park however I'm now knackered and dd shows no sign of needing a rest! Oh to be young again!

Hope you ladies are having a good weekend

Sounds like you had an early morning fairies. Still firmly attached to my pjs here! Weather looks lovely though.

This thread is not accepting new messages.