Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The other October 2012 baby thread!

(357 Posts)

Sorry for lack of witty title! 4 days post c-section = lack of sense of humour grin

RunningOutOfIdeas Sat 19-Jan-13 20:33:30

Both my DDs were c-sections. DD1 was emcs so I had a much nicer planed elcs for pip. You are right about the forced rest. It is helping. Even having a general anaesthetic felt like a good opportunity for a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep!

Pip is doing ok. She is now on prescription formula (Nutramigen) which has helped to stop her being so sick. She still has some reflux. DH has been great looking after pip and playing with DD1 in the snow.

Is your DD doing better with daytime naps now?

cakes82 Sun 20-Jan-13 10:10:07

Glad pip is doing better on the different formula. DD still doesn't really nap during day unless its on me or if we go out. I have discovered she will sleep slightly longer if when she first stirs I don't acknowledge her then she goes back to sleep for a bit longer. It may also be cause I don't put her to bed as such for a nap so my aim next week is if she appears tired is to actually try putting her in nursery for a nap and see if that will help.She's also nearly too big for her moses basket so will be putting basket in cot to get her used to cot soon. How old is pip now?

RunningOutOfIdeas Sun 20-Jan-13 13:56:49

Pip is 15 weeks. She is too big for her Moses basket. I think we will move her in about a week when I am more mobile. We have had some success with naps but it is variable.

Hi all haven't been here for ages! Hope you're all ok? DD is now 14 weeks and so much more alert too alert at night though just waiting for her to start rolling over. She's so massive she's now in a cot.
Lol at the no sec for a year- you've made me feel better! The discomfort in my boobs has only just give and couldn't even contemplate it before now (not that I can contemplate it yet, tho!)

RunningOutOfIdeas Mon 28-Jan-13 21:55:45

Hi Elvis. Sadly I think this thread has gone to sleep. Good to hear that things are mostly going well for you. Hope the night activity ends soon.

Pip is now 16 weeks. She seemed to be really close to rolling over last week but last Thursday we found out that she has hip dysplasia. She has to wear a harness that keeps her legs bent in a frog position 24 hours a day until her hip joint stays in place. So no rolling over can happen here for the next few months. At least I can be reasonably confident that I can put pip down, leave the room and she won't have rolled, wriggled or crawled any where. Apart from this she is doing well, loads of smiles and cute 'talking'.

pinpan Tue 29-Jan-13 08:26:15

Womble is 18 weeks now, and celebrated by getting me up 8 times last night. Gruesome.

Sorry to hear about the hips Running. The smiles and talking are great though, aren't they?

cakes82 Sun 10-Feb-13 22:11:42

Sorry to hear about hips. I really enjoy listening to the chatting have realised today I get more if I respond with similar noises rather than normal speech. I check back sometimes but not as much as I used to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now