Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The other October 2012 baby thread!

(357 Posts)

Sorry for lack of witty title! 4 days post c-section = lack of sense of humour grin

Fionaloo Tue 04-Dec-12 18:14:35

Runningoutifideas,

Your DD sound really cute and adorable. How did the nativity play go?

Does anyone know whether you are suppose to feed an acid reflux child who is going through cluster feeding or not?? I was told it only gives shirt term comfort and by feeding them I am causing pain. Is that true or right???

If I stop feeding DD, she cries like she is in pain as well if I dun feed her. I am so lost!!! Help!!

RunningOutOfIdeas Tue 04-Dec-12 19:43:24

The nativity play went well. DD1 said her correct lines. All the children looked really cute.

Pip has surprised me this evening. She has fallen asleep already. She has not had her last dose of ranitidine for the day. She is also still in the clothes she has been wearing all day but it seems mean to wake her and change her. So I have put her in her moses basket and I will do her medicine and change her when she next wakes. I dont know if she is tired due to yesterday's jabs or if she has caught DD1's cold (I know I have).

I think every DC's reflux is different. Pip cluster feeds and does not seem to get pain from it. I feel like I am constantly experimenting with my kids, trying different routines, medicines, sleeping positions etc to find out what works. And just as I think something has worked there will be a growth spurt or illness and it will all change again.

It's been very quiet on here recently....
Nativity sounds fun running. Before I know it my LO will be doing one too hmm
Getting lots of booby pain. The lactation consultant said it could be raynards syndrome as its particularly bad when I'm cold confusedthat and cracked nipples is not fun! Good job I'm so bloody minded otherwise I've no idea if I'd still be BFing grin
Hope you're all ok, how is the sleeping going? DD did a four hour block last night! Can't believe it!

RunningOutOfIdeas Wed 05-Dec-12 16:03:35

Elvis the boob pain sounds awful. If it is Reynauds can anything be done to help?

Pip has got a cold. Poor thing is really snuffly and has been sick on me 3 times so far today. I think she is being sick because of mucus going into her stomach. I have given her some Calpol because she was crying the way she does when she is in pain. She is sleeping a lot in my arms today. I had hoped to get loads of cleaning and tidying done today. None of it has happened but it doesn't matter really. I hope pip gets over this bug soon.

Hope every one is ok.

Fionaloo Wed 05-Dec-12 17:47:26

Runningoutofideas,

Sorry to hear that Pips got the cold. Hope u r bearing up well.

We r thinking of u. X

WeeSooty Fri 07-Dec-12 20:41:31

Running I just woke minisooty by snorting with laughter at Jesus did a poo!! That is hilarious!

Hope everyone is doing ok. It's very quiet just now.

I was at the chiropractor today, he is working on my poor childbirth busted hip. But he also snapped my back and neck a few times. Fab relief but bit of a sore head now! confused

pinpan Sat 08-Dec-12 13:03:52

Somebody save me from windy babies who fall asleep feeding at 2 am but won't stay asleep if you want to lay them flat. sad

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Sat 08-Dec-12 14:17:14

pinpan we're having similar issues. Which end is your LO suffering with wind. DS seems to get a lot of lower stomach pain which makes him screech until he manages to fart!

WeeSooty Sat 08-Dec-12 22:23:21

I have a windy baby too, no matter how much we try to burp her she just won't give it up!

Minisooty very grumpy and scrunched up today, means shes due a dirty nappy! Hopefully she does it when I'm asleep and DH is on duty with her! lol

Mind you they are both asleep beside me just now and with them and Rod Stewart on TV singing christmas songs I'm ever so slightly emotional!! blush grin

RunningOutOfIdeas Sun 09-Dec-12 08:04:08

Pip has been less windy since I have gone dairy free. i decided to try cutting out dairy because DD1 was intolerant. It is a real pain though. I love pasta with creamy sauce and chocolates. I also want the option of giving formula. I am seeing the gp tomorrow to ask about hypoallergenic formula.

pinpan Sun 09-Dec-12 14:07:09

Top end! Horrendous. The GP says I have to put cheese on everything and fatten up so I can't really try cutting out dairy. wink

WeeSooty Mon 10-Dec-12 19:27:22

Hello all!

I have an embarrassing question (better on here than Facebook!) blush

Is everyone having sex again?

Minisooty is 9 weeks now. DH and I have had sex twice since she was born. He is really desperate to have more sex but I am so tired all the time and my body is hideous and fat, I just don't feel sexy!

Tell me I'm not a bad wife????

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Mon 10-Dec-12 19:33:23

We are having sex once or twice a week and have been since 3 weeks (now nearly 7 weeks). But both me as DH are very suprised by that. Definitely in no way a bad wife for not wanting to. We're only back at it because I feel up to it - if I'm feeling rough or fat DH backs off!

Wow honey we weren't even at it that much when TTC! Good on you!

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Mon 10-Dec-12 19:52:10

blush!

cakes82 Mon 10-Dec-12 21:17:47

My DD is 9 weeks too and we have attempted sex twice unsuccessfully and the rest of the time that dh has been aiming in that kinda direction I've kinda found excuses which led to a very 'interesting'chat one night in bed.

You would have thought after CS that the physical aspect wouldn't have been affected but in my case it feels like it has unless It is just the hormonal effect?! blush
My other issue is given i'm breastfeeding would I be ok without the bra and breast pads I currently live in? blush

Fair play Honey

DD is 7 weeks old and haven't even attempted it! Was sore fromCS and now the boobs are constantly sore. Just don't feel sexy. Added to that is the fact DH is now in the spate room I wonder whether we will ever DTD again hmm
FairPlay honey!

pinpan Tue 11-Dec-12 09:13:21

11 and a half weeks here and have only just ventured that way again. DH has been very patient!

WeeSooty Tue 11-Dec-12 11:00:32

Wow honey, well done you! Not sure how you find the time!!! blush

My head sometimes feels like it but I'm just not confident in how I look anymore. Hopefully once my busted hip is fixed I can get back to the gym and feel better smile

Yoo-hoo! Anyone still here?

Hello! Still over here!

WeeSooty Sat 15-Dec-12 23:07:04

I'm still here smile staying at my parents tonight. Feel a bit of a failure!

DH is nightshift and I have a horrible nauseating migrane so have decamped down the road for some help with minisooty. Feel like I should be able to cope but minisooty is very grumpy, 10 week growth spurt? And I was struggling to hold it all together so DH made me come stay blush

I'm still here and bloody knackered! weesooty could be a growth spurt. Don't listen to me tho, slightest sign of cluster feeding and I immediately say its a growth spurt!
Out for lunch later, I am going to stuff my face --then moan about not losing any weight--grin

Also, you shouldn't feel like a failure! It's much better to be open and honest if you're struggling but sometimes that's the hardest option IYSWIM

pinpan Sun 16-Dec-12 08:16:47

Too right elvis - I'll stick my hand up and say most if the last 12 weeks have been a struggle! It's only this week that all of a sudden we've started getting 8 hours sleep in a row (except of course I still wake up 3 times) and it's a bit more fun in between the struggles. Hope that growth spurt is over now weesooty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now