Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011: losing sleep and gaining shoes, toddlers share with us their news

(997 Posts)
ecuse Mon 01-Oct-12 17:34:02

I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread.

Pile in!

brew wine biscuit etc

Steam mop currently still in box! By the time dh was home last night and toys tidied away, we got fed and I'd hoovered I couldn't be bothered putting it all together and the mopping. In my defence it was 8.30 and I was in bed by 9!

Tantrum of the day today was all because I thought B might want to play in the snow when we got home and put him in the sledge and towed him along behind me. You would think I had shot him! I think it was tiredness, rather than my sledge towing abilities!

Work was eerie today sad no one wanted to be the first to mention our colleague.

Kittycatcat Wed 23-Jan-13 10:06:37

Feeding advice,again pls ladies. A now has two bottles a day. One around lunch and the one after. He feeds pretty much 3 hourly. He's reached the stage where he is easily distracted while feeding, if he heard s he looks up, so he's on and off the boob. Last feed I offered him both boobs and I feel like he's not getting enough. He seems to be getting frustrated. Could I be drying up? I know its supposed to stay as long as they take it but with s I wanted to keep the night feeds but he wasn't getting enough. He also oy put on3oz in 2 weeks which the hv says happens when weaning onto formula. Help.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 23-Jan-13 10:58:17

I'm no expert, but I would think your supply would adjust rather than dry up. However some people's supplies are more sensitive than others.

Also it may not be anything to do with your supply. Feeding from a bottle requires less effort, so he might be frustrated that your nipples don't flow as freely and easily as a teat does.

If he keeps fussing at the breast you could try switch side feeding. As soon as he loses interest on one side, put him on the other - you can do this as many times as you want during a feed. The multiple let downs and rush of milk helps keep their interest for longer.

Kittycatcat Wed 23-Jan-13 12:35:51

I did that last feed ilike grinta, he still fussed tho. He's guzzling from the bottle, but went 3hrs40 Sophia's hungry

Kittycatcat Wed 23-Jan-13 12:36:12

Damn predictive! So he's

JKSLtd Wed 23-Jan-13 13:36:09

Agree with ILike, the bottle is meant to be much easier so they quickly get lazy at the boob.
I know it's near impossible but if you can feed somewhere with fewer distractions that can help.
Also check on your positioning/latch as he may not be quite right so that will annoy him as well.

Bunkbeds arrived for the boys, hope they love them (& sleep well in them!).

So, nothing holding me back from putting DD into a bed...except me, lol.
Not quite ready for it yet but think she is. Maybe next weekend...

Kittycatcat Thu 24-Jan-13 08:36:18

Another q. I want to get a second monitor for our room now A is going to bed around 7. I have aBT150 in S's room. Can I get anything or will certain ones interfere? Looking on eBay cos I'm only going to use it a few months (hopefully)

Now I saw something on a gadget show that connected to an iPad via your wireless broadband. So that wouldn't interfere, but I expect it might be £££. I'll have a google and let you know.

You could go cold turkey with S. we did, I only switch it on if I'm cleaning at the other end of down stairs or using the PC in the man room because we can't hear him through there! We don't live I a mansion but we have an extension and the old exterior wall is sound proof!!

I've just caught B shoving peas up his nose hmm. I've managed it hook out 3 and can't see if there are anymore! This is the start isn't it!

Kittycatcat Thu 24-Jan-13 17:26:08

Thanks fizz. I like the concept but I'm a technophobe and the reviews say you need to configure it with your Ethernet and so on. Pmsl at pees. I stuck a rubber (eraser) up my nose in infant school (was a date). Got taken to hosp. They didn't realise I'd sneezed it out in the waiting area.

Kittycatcat Thu 24-Jan-13 17:26:44

Thanks fizz. I like the concept but I'm a technophobe and the reviews say you need to configure it with your Ethernet and so on. Pmsl at pees. I stuck a rubber (eraser) up my nose in infant school (was a date). Got taken to hosp. They didn't realise I'd sneezed it out in the waiting area.

I understand the technophobe-ness trying not to laugh at the irony of the double post but to configure with your Ethernet usually means pushing a button on your router for 3 seconds. Seriously it's not difficult. (Ethernet cable is the yellow cable that runs from your router to the PC). And you would have the added bonus of being able to use it as a webcam afterwards.

He has sneezed another out!

Kittycatcat Thu 24-Jan-13 17:34:09

Stoopid Internet

Kittycatcat Thu 24-Jan-13 17:37:18

Still laughing at p's. we don't have a pc. Just a laptop. Think the yellow cable is in a box in 'the cupboard under the stairs'

It would still work, you might need to venture into the "cupboard under the stairs" but I set up my wireless printer last week without the cable. I'll stop now, but if you do go for it let me know if you need any help.

Kittycatcat Thu 24-Jan-13 17:46:47

Cheers fizz

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 24-Jan-13 19:13:01

I have no idea about monitors tbh. Would you get interference from a digital signal?

I am a technophobe. I don't want to be, but I don't care enough not to be. I like new technology, but I just want it to work. I don't want to know HOW it works. Which is why I'm stuffed when things go wrong.

I feel constantly knackered at the moment. I've started taking iron supplements, but I think I need some sun too. However I think the real answer is cutting out the shite food and strapping on my trainers again. Why couldn't I have been a slim Jim who loves exercise?!

Starshaped Thu 24-Jan-13 19:53:58

We've got the cheapest of cheap monitors, so no advice from me I'm afraid.

I've also technologically useless. DD is about as knowledgeable as me! Is it wrong to admit that I just leave it all to DH because he's a geek?

Kittycatcat Thu 24-Jan-13 20:38:36

Fizz I just re read your reply earlier. 'You only switch it on if you are cleaning in the man room' is this a room full of men? wink Hahaha

Nah, it was DHs man room/bat cave. It is now morphing into a playroom! So technically still a man room! Big PC is in there, but I very rarely use it. Dh gets sent there to watch football.

I guess I'm a techno geek! grin

JKSLtd Thu 24-Jan-13 21:16:55

I wish I was a techno geek - i was reading an article the other day about how our generation is IT-illiterate in terms of actual understanding how things work. The original computer geeks knew all about programming, then Windows came along and made it all very easy by not needing to understand how things worked.
Now, youngsters are apparently getting back into programming and us lot in the middle are left behind. All we know how to do is move a mouse & click/use a touchscreen.
When things go wrong, we're stuffed.

so, in conclusion, no idea sorry!

Kittycatcat Thu 24-Jan-13 21:32:36

Pah. Dh vetoed the cameraconfused. Have home for another bt 150 as they have so many frequencies they shouldn't clash. Sulking. Wanted the camera.

Accidentally slip while ordering! Oops, what was that in your basket?? grin

GlaikitCheiftanOThePuddinRace Fri 25-Jan-13 09:49:08

Burns Night!
smile
grin
wink
shock
hmm
confused
blush
angry
sad
envy
biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now