Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011: losing sleep and gaining shoes, toddlers share with us their news

(997 Posts)
ecuse Mon 01-Oct-12 17:34:02

I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread.

Pile in!

brew wine biscuit etc

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 06-Oct-12 18:43:09

Ah yes, I remember now Fizz. quite different to what we saw a Dermatologist about. Maybe take the particular sunscreen with you, it may well have a well known irritant in it. Did you take any photo's of the reaction? IF so, take them. Don't be surprised if they don't do much apart from ask you to return if/when he has another reaction, as I'm not sure there's much else they can do.

Iplayer Frakk. Does France have its own version of Strictly?

Looking forward to Strictly again tonight. Can't wait to see Louis blush, I'm old enough to be his mum!

Kittycatcat Sat 06-Oct-12 21:11:29

Louis was AMAZING

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 06-Oct-12 21:22:23

His dancing wasn't too bad either grin

DH is out so I am taking the opportunity to watch X- Factor as well. I am in awe of Nicole, she seems practically perfect in every way envy

Kittycatcat Sat 06-Oct-12 22:03:26

I like tulisas eye make up

Ugh do not get me started on my dislike of Nicole shitsinger! What's that? Me? Jealous? No way! but she made Lewis Hamilton sad and I think he lost his mojo when she got her claws into him

Loved loved loved Lisa Riley on strictly! Doing it for the big girls! Jerry hall is a great clothes horse, but she ain't "got the moves like jagger" (see what I did there???)

Kittycatcat Sun 07-Oct-12 01:14:41

Haha fizz. I agree. Lisa was brilliant.

Kittycatcat Sun 07-Oct-12 18:29:49

A is a feeder confused every two hours. But it can take up to 40 minutes to feed him.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 07-Oct-12 19:36:07

Sounds familiar Kitty, all 3 of my boys were like that. But remember that the feeds do eventually get quicker. Each week you will notice a difference.

I also found that once they were passed the newborn stage, putting them in the sling helped to space the feeds out a little. They were so snug in the sling that they weren't quite so frantic for a feed. They would often feed better (more focused) when the feeds were stretched out a little.

Saying that I don't think any of them went more than 3 hours (except at night) between a feed until they started weaning. Which is probably why they were such chubsters grin

Ds3 is slowly slowly starting to lose the chub now. I think the constant and frantic running around is finally burning off more than he consumes!

Kittycatcat Sun 07-Oct-12 20:43:28

Thanks ilike. He does love a snuggle.

Starshaped Tue 09-Oct-12 19:11:11

I think I've got a problem. I've just eaten half a jar of Nutella with a spoon. I feel sick. I'm a pig aren't I?!

Of course not pigs can't use spoons!! Send the other half here and I'll save you from eating the rest! <selfless>

I was in to see Deacon Blue last night!! I haven't been to a "gig" for years! I felt 16 again! And a bit deaf this morning!

Dh has man flu hmm so is sitting beside me snuffling. B is in bed so I have a nice wee night infront of the telly! No work tomorrow because we have Bs dermo appointment.

Kittycatcat Tue 09-Oct-12 19:43:19

Good effort star.

Were they good fizz? Good luck tomorrow.

Alex has been a moaner all afternoon. Not settled at all. Stressing me out.

Frakiosaurus Tue 09-Oct-12 20:09:35

Aww kitty <hugs> it will pass, just sling and snuggle.

Hope tomorrow goes well fizz

There isn't really anything like strictly because w ery one here can dance. It's practically a tote of passage to take ballroom lessons and have a special choreographed dance for your wedding. Fail on both counts for us! I may have to investigate iplayer. Or sky.

We have a chest infection here. Joy. Antibiotics, something against vomiting (happens when he coughs) and calpol on prescription - felt like a walking pharmacy or a drug dealer on the way back.

In 2ww news I have sore ish boobs. Why is it so bloody long til I can test?!

Kittycatcat Tue 09-Oct-12 20:52:16

You are v restrained frak. I tested every day for about ten days!!

They were fab kitty! Was a bit nervous because I could only think of 2 of their songs that I knew, but turns out I know more than I thought!

fergus sings the blues, in bars of 12 or less ......

Kittycatcat Tue 09-Oct-12 23:16:10

I'm a stranger to the land...

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 09-Oct-12 23:24:24

<ears prick at POAS talk>

We're all ok here, plodding along. T is stressing me out big time being purposefully naughty. But when he has done something wrong then he comes and gives me kisses <cute>

kitty neither of mine went more than 2-3 hours without milk until they were 6+ months. Except when DS1 slept for 8 hours a night without waking from 11 weeks - 19 weeks. With hindsight I should have made better use of that!

Fizz hope it goes well tomorrow.

fraktion Wed 10-Oct-12 01:09:16

I shouldn't say that sweet ali but it is wink we have purposeful misbehaving too.

I change my mind about 2ww. Super broken sleep with a chesty M makes me wonder how I'd cope with another. And we still cosleep.

BUT we have nearly cracked night weaning.

Kittycatcat Wed 10-Oct-12 03:52:22

I think a is havin trouble with my supply. He feeds for 5-10 mins. Falls asleep on me. I put him down. He cries. I offer him more and he bounces all over my boob unable to latch. It's just taken 50 minutes involving a short feed. Put him down. Pick him up to try to wind him again. Put him down. Wide awake. Pick him up. Won't settle. Looking for boob. Fight to get him on. Felt milk come in. Small feed. I think I might have to do formula soon and I really didn't want to but I'm getting so frustrated and upset and so is he.

Kittycatcat Wed 10-Oct-12 03:58:38

And we have stopped again. He was asleep and now he's not. And my boobs feel empty. Am hour and ten mins now. He's laying in my bed moaning.

fraktion Wed 10-Oct-12 07:18:29

Oh kitty that's normal at 2 weeks sad but disheartening. Your boobs are never empty, just a bit slow/behind. A feeding is giving them the signals they need to do better.

Is cosleeping (safely) an option until you get BF established? That way you don't have to faff putting him down and he's less likely to take in air so shouldn't need winding.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 10-Oct-12 07:23:41

Kitty hang in there, it is so normal at just 2 weeks. Just keep him on the boob as much as you can to get your supply going. ((hugs)) it is tough but it will soon get easier

Kittycatcat Wed 10-Oct-12 07:52:53

Thanks ladies. I've let him sleep on my chest a couple of times but didn't want to get into the habit.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 10-Oct-12 09:39:10

kitty tbh I would go with that for now, because then he can latch if he wants to and all that skin-to-skin will help your milk. 2 weeks is v.early to worry about bad habits - whatever gets you all the most sleep is what counts right now! smile

Back from the hospital! All quite positive. She is going to see if they can do patch tests on him, because he's quite young she's not sure if they can. I'm going to send her the list of ingredients and they'll look at them for know allergens and maybe recommend a sunscreen he should be ok with. She did say that really where we are she wouldn't recommend sun screen to be used unless it was blistering hot and to used shade and longer clothing to protect skin.

We are half planning on going to Tenerife with my parents I. January, but I'm nervous about booking it if we can't find a sunscreen for him.

I don't suppose any of you have the Avon kids SPF 50 in the orange tube??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now