Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011: losing sleep and gaining shoes, toddlers share with us their news

(997 Posts)
ecuse Mon 01-Oct-12 17:34:02

I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread.

Pile in!

brew wine biscuit etc

fraktion Mon 31-Dec-12 08:52:57

We now have our (not so) SS which will be opened later today and a special delivery from Fizz for me grin thanks

GlaikitFizzHogmany Mon 31-Dec-12 11:32:57

Yay! Glad they arrived! Are they in one piece??

Kittycatcat Mon 31-Dec-12 19:57:26

Love it.

Happy new year ladies. Thank you for all your words of wisdom again this year.

fraktion Mon 31-Dec-12 20:55:17

Yes they did, fizz! Must have been the entire roll of bubble wrap you used!

thanks to put SS too! I will put a photo of M wearing it on the FB page so you can all admire my beautiful boy soon.

Aprilites I love you all smile I've not met a single one of you but over the last 2 years you've seen me through stuff I haven't even talked to RL friends about. Some of you have been incredibly generous, really going above and beyond for a random person off the Internet. Here's to a wonderful 2013 for all of us!!!

JKSLtd Mon 31-Dec-12 20:55:41

Happy New Year to you all from me too smile

chillikat Mon 31-Dec-12 21:18:47

Frak that makes me warm and fuzzy. I agree - you're all great smile I wonder if other MN ante/post natal groups are as close?

Happy new year - here's to 2013! wine

GlaikitFizzHogmany Mon 31-Dec-12 23:00:06

I may have had some wine! And I'm feeling a bit reflective.

This year has been one of the toughest I've had. Pnd, going back to work, stupid bosses, watching my baby grow into a little boy into everything, childminders quitting, pregnancy scares. Through all of this you guys have been there to hold my hand. To tell me its ok to feel the way I feel sometimes. To just let me witter on and work things out when I can't talk to anyone IRL.

I genuinely love you all and would do anything for any of you! Even send biscuits! Sorry ILike, kit kats are biscuits in this house!

Here's to 2013, onwards and upwards wine cheers!

GlaikitFizzHogmany Mon 31-Dec-12 23:00:31

Oh and I learned to knit! I still can't believe that one!

Kittycatcat Mon 31-Dec-12 23:23:13

You are all making me teary.

Daisy17 Tue 01-Jan-13 01:23:56

Happy new year, all! wine

GsyPotatoMincePieEyed Tue 01-Jan-13 01:49:51

Cheers wine smile

MrsWajs Tue 01-Jan-13 03:44:04

Happy New Year to you all!!

Loving the sentimental posts and agree it has been a roller coaster ride from finding out we were all pg to now having almost 2 year olds (!!) It's been a lifeline sometimes having other people to bounce off and hash things out with.

So wine for all of you and a brew for me smile

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Tue 01-Jan-13 08:14:43

Morning!

8am wish was granted by F!

Just to add my thanks to you all for not laughing at my irrational ramblings in 2012.

Here's to a great 2013. I can't believe they're going to be 2! x

Starshaped Tue 01-Jan-13 19:04:42

Happy New Year Aprilites!

This time two years ago we were all reaching the pregnancy half way mark. Now we've got lovely little toddlers running round!

Who knows what this year will bring, but fingers crossed that it's a fabulous 2013 for us all smile x

ILikeToHoHoHo Wed 02-Jan-13 14:14:17

No need to apologise JKS smile, and it was me who bought the Little Tykes dolls house for ds3. He loves it, as does ds2 ........ as do I blush

Loving all of the reflective and heartfelt posts. I would like to echo how lovely you all are. Nest of vipers my arse.

I can't believe our lo's will be 2 this year, Kitty's A will be one and there will be newborns. Note the use of the plural. Statistically quite a few of us will be having more babies. Not me though, oh no <rubs hands with glee at dh's vasectomy appointment card>

I see that you are not going to give up on the KitKat debate Fizz grin I had a chucky peanut butter kitkat today, it was a bastard of a chocolate bar. Chunky kitkat - good. Peanut butter - good. Together - a chocolate bar of shite. Apparently the are chunky mint kitkats and chunky coconut ones. Dare I try them?

Kittycatcat Wed 02-Jan-13 14:16:30

I go back to workaround the start of April... Sob... S will be two the following month. I just can't believe it.

ILikeToHoHoHo Wed 02-Jan-13 16:21:43

Awww kitty, that's tough. What are your plans for childcare? The thought of arranging work and childcare blows my mind, lucky I'm a SAHM really! <ignores the fact that I will return to work eventually>

GlaikitFizzHogmany Wed 02-Jan-13 16:44:17

Chunky kitkats I will concede are a chocolate bar. But 2 fingers, biscuit, heck I'll even say 4 fingers is more of a chocolate bar than a biscuit!

Back to work today <boo> car wouldn't start again! Cue aa coming out and not being to fix it at the roadside again! Waiting for tow truck again! Maybe time to trade in!

Cold moved into my sinuses now, so I'm deaf in one ear too! Joy!

Kittycatcat Wed 02-Jan-13 16:53:29

Ilike - the in laws are doing the honours again tf!! Mon-wed. It'll go like this; get up at 530 (ish)... Get ready. Get Sam up and dressed. Lift Alex out of cot into caraway. Leave at 630 so I'm on the tube by 7. Dh drops boys at his dps. He then drives car to station and goes to work. 5pm I leave work. Go to station. Drive to in laws. Get boys. Drive home. Eta 630/7. Glad it's only three days a week.

Fizz- have you tried sudafed?

fraktion Wed 02-Jan-13 18:33:14

Blinking heck kitty! I willingly pay the premium for in home childcare just so I don't have to deal with logistics like that. It's a horrid commute sad

ILikeToHoHoHo Wed 02-Jan-13 18:42:24

5.30am? <faint>

GlaikitFizzHogmany Wed 02-Jan-13 18:44:50

Dh has been sent for sudafed and a Chinese car at the garage now, so hopefully they can fix it and find out exactly what it is so they can stop it happening again! Bloody money pit that car <grr>

Daisy17 Wed 02-Jan-13 22:14:36

Hello lovely ladies. Your advice, please. S has had a temp on and off all day. He's asleep in bed now with a dose of Nurofen, milk and just pyjamas, ie no sleeping bag as I thought he needed help to cool down. Will check on him when I go to bed in an hour, but is it safe to then go to sleep myself?! My mum is sending me panicked messages about needing to check on him every hour through the night. She's got me paranoid..... sad

JKSLtd Wed 02-Jan-13 22:23:44

Daisy - I would go to seep as normal but with neurofen ready to give again in the night.

I have done similar with all 3 DC at various times. If they are asleep then it's best they stay asleep, not risk disturbing them.
Also, I need as much sleep as much anyway, but certainly if i'm going to be up in the night dealing with a poorly baby/or stressing during the day with one, so the more i get the better.

If you use a monitor, maybe turn it up a little, or sleep with bedroom doors open so you'll hear sooner if they wake?

Daisy17 Wed 02-Jan-13 22:26:59

Thanks, JKS, that was my instinct, thanks for the reassurance. thanks Can't go to bed yet, am watching OBEM on catch up....... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now