Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011: losing sleep and gaining shoes, toddlers share with us their news

(997 Posts)
ecuse Mon 01-Oct-12 17:34:02

I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread.

Pile in!

brew wine biscuit etc

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Wed 03-Oct-12 19:53:36

Hello all,

Well done for the shiny new thread.

Sorry I can't be of any help Kitty, except for sympathy.

I think I'm having another crisis like the time I convinced myself I had cervical cancer. I hope it's just another hypochondriac episode... Last couple of nights I've had pain/discomfort in the upper right area of my abdomen. Almost under my ribs. It feels like bowels to me. I have previously had terrible constipation, where I'd have an enormous unflushable poo that would have to soak overnight before it would flush! blush more recently I've had a bit of diarrhoea.

Now, rationally, I was thinking perhaps a bit of a bug, perhaps some later onset IBS. However, I made the mistake of running "upper right abdominal pain" through boots web md and now it's either pancreatic cancer or schistosomiasis.

I'm going to have to see a doctor, aren't I. (Boo)

ecuse Thu 04-Oct-12 00:46:37

UBW you know better than to consult Dr Google at night time ... no good can come of it grin

Kittycatcat Thu 04-Oct-12 10:32:37

Hope yr ok ubw

Back from docs. I've a fungal infection in my scar. Anti bs and cream!

Frakiosaurus Thu 04-Oct-12 17:20:02

Poor you kitty the word fungal makes me cringe.

UBW hope you're okay. Agree that Dr Google is not your friend.

He is, however, mine. I've had some slight bleeding (more like dark browny discharge sorry for TMI) at 6/7 days post theoretical ovulation (theoretical because I have no period to count from but lots of EWCM and suspiciously ovulation like pains). Implantation bleeding? Google says its the right timeframe.

Kittycatcat Thu 04-Oct-12 18:26:41

Oooooooo frak this is very exciting. When will we know??

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Thu 04-Oct-12 18:48:03

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it's my inner hypochondriac getting loose. Fortunately hmm the vultures of vom lurgey are circling. Several down at work & nursery. My money's on Sunday for us.

How very exciting, Frak! I did wonder at all the smells bothering you in the husband-gate post.

Starshaped Thu 04-Oct-12 18:58:14

Oooh Frak! Potentially exciting times ahead!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 04-Oct-12 19:16:47

Tis probably a bug UBW, unless it has been going on for sometime?

Glad you went to see the Doc and got sorted Kitty, will anti-b's help a fungal infection? I thought you would need an anti-fungal, which I guess is the cream?

Ooooooooooooo at possible implantation bleeding. Before my first period post ds3 I just knew I was ovulating because of the EWCM and mittleschmerz. Fingers crossed for you Frakk.

Ds3 had a seemingly little fall this afternoon, but when he got up he had a graze under his eye, a black eye and a huge red/swollen patch. He looks like he has been boxing blush

Kittycatcat Thu 04-Oct-12 19:45:31

Awh poor lil fella ubw

Dunno. But got both so fingers crossed. Had my first melt down today. After a lively day just the three of us s was back to throwing tantrums over nothing this pm and a falls asleep feeding then wakes hungry an hour later.

Kittycatcat Fri 05-Oct-12 11:12:15

It doesn't rain but it pours.

Just did the equivalent to my post csec poo. I had contractions and everything. And there was blood. Piles I think.

Alex now weighs 7.15, but there's a purple mark On his tummy. Hv said take him to doc but they have no appts. He's fine in himself except for being sick this am which i put down to over eating. He's feeding ok. They said call back later if he changes and in worried and they will try to fit him in. Mr google of the evil variety has put meningitis in my head?!

Found you guys! I was thinking you lot were quiet until I realised the last thread had dropped off TIO!

I'm so glad to hear its not just B who is a bit of a kamikaze. And he only runs, never walks anywhere. And he's fast! I can't keep up, especially in heels. Give the neighbours a laugh though as I teeter past their windows!

We have Bs dermatology appointment next week. I don't know what to expect, anyone have any experience?

Frakiosaurus Fri 05-Oct-12 11:26:13

kitty big the docs for an appt. They should fit a tiny baby in straight away. Have you done the glass test? If the mark doesn't disappear call 999 straight away as it could be septicaemia, not necessarily from meningitis although that is thermostat common cause. Hopefully it's nothing.

fizz no experience of dermatology appts but they'll probably go over the info they were given (if any!) and look at him. Fingers crossed for you.

I reckon I'll test in about a week. The evil red tide of doom should be due next Fridayish but then again we have PILs visiting that weekend, so I guess that's not a great time to test! I might just ostrich around a bit because I like the idea but I'm not sure how the reality will sit with me!

Kittycatcat Fri 05-Oct-12 13:10:18

Did the glass test and think it went but got docs at 3 to be safe

Kittycatcat Fri 05-Oct-12 16:23:26

Doc says its nothing. That's pretty much all she said. Not a doc I have a lot of faith in! I'll keep an eye on him.

ecuse Fri 05-Oct-12 16:45:25

Honestly, some GPs are rubbish. It probably is nothing, but a bit of bedside manner, explanation and so forth would help, wouldn't it?

ecuse Fri 05-Oct-12 16:45:47

Hi Fizz, was wondering what had happened to you!

ecuse Fri 05-Oct-12 16:46:28

Also, Frak - husband gate? (and squeeeee!)

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Fri 05-Oct-12 17:55:20

He forgot his wife was his partner and not his mother and left their place in an unnecessary tip. Referring to it as husband-gate may have been overly dramatic!

Glad he's ok Kitty.

Hello Fizz!

Yay, weekend!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Fri 05-Oct-12 19:25:41

Yay, weekend indeed grin

Lol at forgetting his partner wasn't his mother. I often say to dh "I'm not your bloody mother"

Remind me what the dermo appt is about Fizz, I have seen a dermo Consultant but probably over something different.

Glad the rash was nothing kitty. I often wonder where HCP's leave their people person skills hmm

I am still avidly decluttering the house. Nothing is sacred. Lets just say I'm glad the wheelie bin collection was this week.

Who will be watching Strictly tonight? The pizza is being delivered, the wine will be quaffed and I will be devouring Strictly. Heaven. Then it's the same tomorrow, minus the pizza.

he had a reaction to sunscreen a dew times. puffy eyes and little blisters.

we are just settling down for strictly. b should be bedded soon and I think ill crack open the wine

Kittycatcat Fri 05-Oct-12 20:11:33

Oh I didn't realise strictly started tonight. Dh will not be happy.

I often tell dh he isn't my dad!

Starshaped Fri 05-Oct-12 21:39:48

I'm loving a bit of Friday night Strictly action here!

Fizz DD saw a Consultant Paediatrician earlier this year about some terrible rashes and reactions she was having to things. We weren't really sure what was causing them, so the doctors asked lots of questions and inspected her skin. They did some reaction tests because the GP had been worried about food allergies. Luckily they ruled food allergies out and put it down to some some sort of urticarial thing. They prescribed us some preventative medicine and cream and some piriton.

Fortunately DD's rashes seem to have improved, so we haven't needed to go back. The consultant said that it's often the case with little ones, so I hope that's the same for B.

Frakiosaurus Sat 06-Oct-12 13:38:46

I miss strictly!

Poor B, that doesn't sound fun sad hope the dermatologist can help.

Right, I have a 3000 word lit review so need to get off MN and stop obsessing about the fact I had weird vivd dreams last night

Kittycatcat Sat 06-Oct-12 13:41:04

Ooooooo frak... It's looking very promising. fingers

Kittycatcat Sat 06-Oct-12 13:41:29

Er that was crosses fingers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now