Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011: losing sleep and gaining shoes, toddlers share with us their news

(997 Posts)
ecuse Mon 01-Oct-12 17:34:02

I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread.

Pile in!

brew wine biscuit etc

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 13-Nov-12 08:10:55

I have pm'd you Fizz smile

The thought of potty training again makes shudder.

MrsWajs Tue 13-Nov-12 09:07:56

That's pretty much how we started UBW I think R's being a little bit unfair to me, she was late at everything else - rolling, crawling, walking, teething etc but she's happy enough to start toilet training asap!!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 13-Nov-12 09:52:18

ILike - I know, I can't bear the thought. DS1 is still somewhat unreliable in the poo department hmm
But yesterday T did a poo on the loo! He has been doing wees on there for a while and will ask to go when he has his nappy changed and before bath time - and at other times in-between sometimes. I am definitely not getting into pull-up territory or thinking of abandoning nappies until the spring!

Fizz - I will PM you grin

Some good ideas on the presents - thank you! I've just ordered the latches board for T, and we've also got him a talking Harold the Helicopter with rotating blades and searchlight smile
That will be enough (plus a few stocking bits), because we are getting the boys a tablet to share - fed up of them stealing our phones and iPad! It is one specially for kids, so less fragile and you can set parental controls.

MrsW - T got a crazy coupe for his birthday from FIL, it has been such a hit here!

Dreadful night with the boys last night - T awake and wanting to play/cuddle/sit on my head. Then DS1 awake, first hungry hmm and then saying he was scared of the dark and clinging to DH like a limpet. Result - me oversleeping and only just getting DS1 to school on time... am knackered. <yawn>

Guernsey back and reporting for duty, (under orders from Sgt. Major ILTMIMI) grin

Have pretty much finished the Christmas shopping for the children. DS' presents seem to mostly revolve around Angry Birds and The Avengers and the usual board games/annuals. DD is very cuddly with her toys, she's is having some dolls and a pram plus various talking cuddly things.

I definitely agree that the little Tikes ride in cars are great. DS still tries to squeeze into his police car when we go round to my DM's house.

BIT stumped on what to get DH. Think I might get him a Kindle Fire HD. Anyone here got one?
It was his birthday on Sunday. I paid for him to attend a Wine Appreciation evening course at the local College of FE. Luckily the college is only a 10minute walk from our house so he doesn't even have to spit the wine out when he's tasted it.

<<Looks at watch>>
Eek, Better dash, have to do school run.

Kittycatcat Tue 13-Nov-12 16:26:26

Haha good to see you gsy. I've only a normal kindle but I love it. Dh is using it while I'm on mat leave. You could tell people to get him kindle vouchers.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 14-Nov-12 12:07:18

Hope you had a better night last night Ali. We all over slept this morning. It's nice in some way, but it ends up with dh blustering around the house grumbling that he's late - he is shite in the morning and takes ages to get going.

Lovely to see you Gsy grin I've got a old version Kindle which I love. I haven't seen a kindle fire, but dh has and he reckoned it would be shite for the Internet because of the small screen size. There are so many kindles now it makes my mind boggle.

I and I have been trawling tile shops this morning looking for tiles for the kitchen floor. He was really good (surprisingly) and mostly amused himself while I could look around. Wonders never cease grin

We have finally made a choice on a kitchen style, we just need to decide on the type of work surface. What started off as quite exciting is now becoming very boring.

We have found a new play area for B. b&q! He loves it! He's been with dh and I and with his CM! I think it's something to do with the wide open space, all the nooks and crannies he can hide in and the echo his voice makes when squealing!

In other news, our lovely neighbour has acquired another rooster! angry 5 am it woke B at. Made all the worse when he started mimicking it! Another email to the council it is. He assured them last time he wouldn't get another one.

Kittycatcat Thu 15-Nov-12 08:50:09

Ffs. S is I'll again. He was a bit wheezy yest and had a slight cough, then threw up last night. sad

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 15-Nov-12 11:17:07

Oh no. I can sympathise, I has had about 3 colds on the trot. Thankfully the last one is on its way out, but still has a chesty cough and bright green snot.

Ime this is the winter where they pick everything up and are pretty much constantly poorly. Last year they were still being bf a lot and they weren't moving about and picking up germs from all and sundry. But this winter they're into everything, if they're still bf it's not as much and of course their immune systems are still immature too. The only silver lining is next year it probably won't be so bad.

There's not a great deal you can do really. Although I do try and boost their immune systems at this time of year by making sure their diets cover as many vitamins and minerals as possible.

Fizz, why don't you forgo the traditional Turkey this Christmas and have a nice locally reared Coq au Vin. wink

DS is also a B&Q fan. It is one of only two shops in the island which have escalators grin

Thanks for the kindle info, I already have an original Kindle which DH often borrows and I wondered if the Fire was worth the additional cost. He'd probably use it most when travelling to work so I thought the Internet would be a nice extra. My budget won't stretch to An Ipad.

Sending Get Well wishes to all those that need them. We all had the lurgy in half-term. Only P managed to escape, she is also still BF so that possibly helped. Shame it didn't have the same effect on the milk producer.

How are your LO's doing with their speech?

P is coming up to 20 months and still doesn't have any recognisable words except fish (pronounced fffffffsssshhhh) Her comprehension/understanding is very good and I've got no worries there.
Her DB was also a late talker but he did say mum and one or two other words at around 18 months. He was referred to speech therapy at his 2yr check and discharged this summer.

Both have mild tongue tie but I have recently noticed that P's top lip is attached very low on her gum line. The skin join is actually between the top of her 2 front teeth. I will have to ring my dentist and ask about it (or post in the development thread on here).

It's chicken wings tomorrow for dinner smile

The rooster was removed by the council today. He was apparently keeping it for a friend who had saved it from a zoo or something!

Anyway, I'm off to bed. My parents are visiting tomorrow and I've just finishing cleaning the oven wink

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 17-Nov-12 08:34:09

Hurrah for the cockerel being taken away. People in our village have the bloody things - luckily not too close to us, but I should imagine their neighbours aren't best pleased.

Enjoy seeing your parents Fizz. I hope the house is ship shape grin

Gsy - ds3 can say lots of words when you ask him to repeat them. However he hardly uses any of the words when he talks unprompted. He also only says the first syllable of most words. I remember ds2 being pretty much the same, then he had a vocab explosion just after he was 2.

B has been sick twice this morning sad mattress scrubbed bedding stripped and washed. Put him down for a nap, same again sad I hate sick

Make that three times. Parents visit cancelled.

Kittycatcat Sat 17-Nov-12 15:57:13

Oh no fizz. I hate it too. S had a bad night and I was terrified he had been sick again. Instead A threw up at eddiecatz this morning (friends daughters 2nd birthday). Hoping it was cos he fed then went in the car then fed but he also had a bad night and has s's cold sad

Kittycatcat Sat 17-Nov-12 16:21:45

Sick again here.how can something do small bring up so much sick / milk? Lots of snot too sad

Yep! Here too. It's the water he's taking he's brining up now. My tummy is feeling decidedly dodgy too. Dh has gone for a "lie down" upstairs but I can hear sky sports news on.

His room stinks. Everything has been doused in soda water and bicarbonate of soda so I'm hoping the smell goes soon.

Anyone want to rescue me??

Kittycatcat Sat 17-Nov-12 17:07:01

Have a hug <gentle squeeze>. The smell is overpowering isn't it

fraktion Sat 17-Nov-12 17:08:01

We have the same here. Cough cough cough VOM! M is is still BF so I dread to think what it would be like without....

We have verbalised 'poo' and that's moved from meaning he's done one to he's doing one to he needs one. Progress! Not there with wee though he will occasionally say 'peewees' but I haven't seen a correlation.

Hoping there's good sleep tonight as the last 2 have been horrific and we've spent pretty much all day getting back to Paris. AND fecking air France broke my suitcase angry

Fecking Air France! I am very grumpy do you need help writing a letter of complaint?. Dh is giving B some banana and dry toast hmm see how long that stays down. And he is clearing it up this time. His half arsed attemp this morning was to wipe the carpet with a dry towel, then trying to use toilet roll for the rest confused. No water, no cloths, no Milton. I sometimes wonder what goes through his head.

Kittycatcat Sat 17-Nov-12 17:17:20

Grrr frak.

Kittycatcat Sat 17-Nov-12 20:03:59

And s has just been sick again. I could cry sad

Daisy17 Sat 17-Nov-12 21:07:16

Signing up for the sick club, too, here....... sad Extra gutted as we were all meeting up with NCT families tomorrow at the park. Poor little soldier, he's incredibly stoical about it, doesn't get that from me....so hoping I don't get it too....Hugs, everyone, yes, don't worry, I have been scrubbed with Milton..... hmm

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sun 18-Nov-12 09:05:43

Can we join sick club?

F made some gross noises down the monitor this morning, but it was only a tiny bit of reflux.

He's just puked at the breakfast table. Not a big heaving one like we get in the car, but significantly more than we usually get with reflux these days.

And he's running around happy as Larry still. And just asked for BF.

Is this what everyone else has?

Yep sounds like it. Puke, and run! Is it catching from the computer??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now