Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

FEB 2010 Two and a half to three...the "contrary age" (no it isn't! yes it is!)

(989 Posts)

Come in, sit down, fresh coffee is brewing, Prosecco's in the fridge for later and there's a bumper box of Lindt chocolates for all....

stoofadoof Sat 17-Nov-12 21:36:12

i've gone soft with 4 nights in centrally heated lodge…. am blinking freezing tonight!

Climbingpenguin Sun 18-Nov-12 11:15:34

Just treat yourself to an extra 1 degree for a day. Call it a transition period smile

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Sun 18-Nov-12 11:44:42

CP you can tell you are a physicist! grin stoof sending you a bit of heat I have no control on my heating and at the moment I have 24 and the windows are open hmm. I sweat if I move <good excuse not to do the cleaning>.

DD2 is much better with the magic of antibiotics, the ear infection is gone, as is her "viral" cough (magic gone in 2 days)... So probably a chest infection too.

She is trying to talk a lot more, and the peadiatrician is very happy with it. She has said to let the school concern aside for now, and rechecked after she is 3 yo.
Now waiting for the fun of embarrassing things children say. DD1, seeing some saudis men, "what is it with those jam head?" blush She had a stern talking from me, but I was ROTF inside. The jam pots I buy do have a kind of arabic hat on them... gosh, motherhood is hard and embarrassing

StoneBaby Sun 18-Nov-12 19:54:51

Mous great news on the speech progress. She was just a slow goer.

IC just saw your fb comment about eating out. We've got ipods loaded with DS's favourite that we put on when we see he gets bored when in a restaurant. It's a great help

Clearly DH and I will have to invest in some proper portable technology for these kind of occasions, SB! Do they do apps for rocking babies to sleep too?!

How lovely to get a visit from BG and family today! Everyone looking great and DS was clearly entranced by BG's teutonic good looks and friendly smile - he couldn't stop smiling and chuckling at her smile
I'll try and get a pic up on FB soon... x

StoneBaby Sun 18-Nov-12 20:19:25

Ohh such a great visit IC and BG.

No rocking app but at least the toddler is entertained so you can rock the baby (I used ti be able to order dishes which where eatable with a fork only in order to eat single handed grin. I'm sure you can found a 2nd hand device for not too expensive

Climbingpenguin Sun 18-Nov-12 20:19:43

DD went for her first run today grin After taking her for my run in the buggy she was insistent she wanted one too. I didn't let her go far, she was tired but not prepared to admit it.

mous things are sounding good <admits I can't even see that that comment is particularly physicsy> I have no hope do I? grin

IC I was looking through some photo's today and spotted the date I came to yours. I calculated I was 37+5 on that second day shock My memory told me I was earlier than that. DS was born less than two weeks later.

How you doing today sb

Children still settled here, hoping today DD goes back to just one waking but at least she is being easily settled and stays in bed still.

got to dash, DH is back

Eek CP - good job you had your hospital bag with you..!!

OK, pic and short vid up on the FB page now.....

BabyGiraffes Sun 18-Nov-12 20:59:28

IC Er, I think your ds' interpretation of my looks are slightly different to yours grin ('Now, that woman has a very funny face but she seems friendly').

Absolutely wonderful to see IC and family and I am very much in love with her ds who has the most delightful chuckle. I'd also forgotten how lovely it is to cuddle such a gorgeous little bundle and regret having sold the pram...
IC's dd was a very generous host and happily shared her toys smile while
dd2 did her usual observation without saying much but then talked about her visit the entire way back. She was most put out that we weren't allowed to take the baby home.

StoneBaby Sun 18-Nov-12 21:08:57

BG time for a 3rd one?!

CP I'm okay. Cried after discovering the news but a few hours later went to pick up DH from work and I confratulated the dad to be. It's still sore but I'll survive. Now I just need to plan well ttc this month...grin

Beddy time for me (DS has been in bed for 2.3 hours already). Good night all and fx you manage to sleep

Climbingpenguin Sun 18-Nov-12 21:48:50

I saw a little baby the other day and forgot how small they are. I was afraid to hold and glad the mum didn't offer. I was quite surprised you could feel like that after having children. I guess part of it DS is still a baby to me, but a one year sized one.

grin at your DD2 nk DD did a similar thing, we had one of her swimming friends round a week ago. At swimming yesterday they refused to talk to each other, but then DD has been rabbiting on about her today.

Lovely video

sb good luck with the planning wink

BabyGiraffes Sun 18-Nov-12 21:52:35

SB Try not to plan too much... I conceived dd2 a week earlier than i thought I'd ovulate.
No plans to add to our brood - too old, knackered, poor etc.

Climbingpenguin Sun 18-Nov-12 21:55:35

Getting pregnant is one of my top, if not the top, scary thoughts. I had a mini scare when DS was a few months old and I was shocked at the immediate thought processes I realised I would have def. considered.

Doesn't stop me hoping for a good result for you though smile

stoofadoof Sun 18-Nov-12 22:35:29

honestly, I love DH really very lots but sometimes I think I could murder him with a wooden spoon grin

CP I spent a couple of hours today shifting a ton of logs - MUCH toastier tonight!! mous thanks for the offer!

DS still struggling with nasty cough and incredibly runny nose, DD having mild panics about going back to school after a week off and whether her first ever birthday party (when she's 6 next weekend) will be ok…

got a book for 'kids that worry too much' based on CBT… had some good reviews so thought it worth a go… it's like a workbook to work through with her - worries are like tomatos, the more you tend them, the more they grow etc… might start it in a few weeks… will see how she's doing…

BG IC not watched the vid yet, but pics lovely smile

I've got another day off tomorrow, planning on tackling the house, doing some baking etc for party… cue one of the kids being too poorly for nursery or school, or hte car breaking down etc… I haven't managed a day to myself yet this year! ho hum

off now - got a very heavy lump of wood landed on my left foot this afternoon whilst sorting the logs out - bloody hell it hurt and it's now pretty swollen… hoping a good nights sleep might sort it out… cos yeah, i'll be getting that with the fretting DD and the poorly DS and the DH i could attack with a spoon… grin

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Mon 19-Nov-12 05:27:29

Stoof I have that book for DD1 it really helped her <but she had to do it herself with our help as usual hmm>

Hope your DS gets better soon.

SB <hugs>

StoneBaby Mon 19-Nov-12 21:13:48

My grin of the day - this morning on our way to nursery, we saw a large forklift. After explain what it was to DS he went "whaou"

Bearcrumble Mon 19-Nov-12 21:26:37

DS went to the Royal Observatory on Sun with my mum - we were talking about stars and planets - I mentioned Saturn and he told me he'd been to Saturn with Granny.

He meant Sutton.

Climbingpenguin Mon 19-Nov-12 22:26:15

grin at SB and BC

I've been trying to not laugh and managed a conversation with DD today about why we shouldn't do it.

Yes the past couple of days she has spent licking lamp posts grin

Finally clocked today that DS can't wear wool hats. Feel bad I didn't realise earlier and it was DH that actually put it together.

BabyGiraffes Tue 20-Nov-12 11:03:16

dd2 had a bad night coughing and I took her to the GP this morning to be checked over because I can't remember when she didn't cough. Turns out she has mild asthma... sad Thanks SR (I think) who flagged it up as a possibility! She's now parked on the sofa with her cuddly cow and Charlie and Lola on DVD and I'll join her in a minute with a brew. Just glad my job is flexible <ignores fact that I'll have to make the hours up somehow>

ScienceRocks Tue 20-Nov-12 12:01:37

bg sorry sad

The good news is that she has been diagnosed so young and has a very high chance of growing out of it. My dd1 was diagnosed just before she was three years old (and I ended up in hospital with her once), but we managed to keep it under control and are now reducing her inhalers with a view to stopping. Hopefully your dd2 will do the same.

Climbingpenguin Tue 20-Nov-12 12:09:25

also at least you have some understanding of the condition yourself. Hope your not taking the news too hard.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 20-Nov-12 19:07:50

BG <hugs> At least you know what you are up to! <weak argument>

DH is trying to educated the girls in the music department hmm, DD1 is a flower girl 70 s music, DD2 is a "motor head" fan, natural head banging, head shaking, lying on her back, smacking her bum and shacking her legs up in the air... hmm dear me!

BabyGiraffes Tue 20-Nov-12 19:13:53

Mous grin What is your dh up to??

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 20-Nov-12 19:30:55

BG I am weak! grin I suggested bee gees, beach boys and blues brothers. I ended up with acdc and motor head confused to whom DD2 is very partial. The compromised was tina turner and aretha franklin!

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 20-Nov-12 19:33:01

Oh and "gangnam style" which DD1 comprised her whole class (waiting for the whole school to be tainted hmm)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now