Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2011- the one where life gets better for all of us.

(1000 Posts)
GOLDdebka Tue 25-Sep-12 21:24:03

New thread open for business!!

I am anticipating MUCH weight loss, job improvements, sleeping babies, good health and one very eagerly anticipated BFP. smile

reastie Thu 28-Feb-13 06:45:22

Happy Birthday Zoe xx

Grannyapple Thu 28-Feb-13 09:37:17

Happy birthday Zoe bear xxx

HobKnob Thu 28-Feb-13 13:34:53

Happy birthday to sweet Zoe, always remembered by us and our February babies. xxx

Big hug to you Mama Blizy today xxx

RobinSparkles Thu 28-Feb-13 14:15:25

Hello everyone, hope you don't mind me posting after such a long time. I know I've been shit blush.

I just wanted to wish Zoe a happy birthday and let Blizy know that I'm thinking of her and beautiful Zoe today xxx

I hope the babies (babies? <<sob>>) have all had wonderful birthdays. smile

I went and read some of our old AN threads from around this time last year. It was lovely to go back and read but very emotional too. It seems like such a short time ago...

Happy birthday Zoe. xx

ILovePonyo Thu 28-Feb-13 16:46:39

Happy birthday lovely Zoe, I have been thinking of you today blizy x x x

tadjennyp Thu 28-Feb-13 22:05:47

Happy birthday Zoe xxx

Ledkr Sat 02-Mar-13 09:09:26

Sorry ladies you dropped off my threads.

blizy we lit candles for Zoe on her birthday and Ella caught me crying then cried as well. She lost a friend last month to a brain haemorrhage so has been really struggling with the life/death thing.
How are you feeling? What did you do for Zoe's birthday?

blizy Sat 02-Mar-13 13:04:38

Ohh ledkr, poor Ella. How very sad about her friend, give her a hug from me. X

We managed to have a really lovely day on her birthday. We took balloons to the crem and they only got stuck up a bloody tree (after loosing one of them from the walk to the plot), we joked that Zoe was laughing at her daft mummy and daddy. I got a bear cake mould, again the bloody thing didn't turn out, so we made some cupcakes instead, decorate them with little bears and butterflies. We had family round for cake and pink fizz.
However, I did not hear a thing from my older sister, I fear tat our relationship has come to an end. Oh and my fecking period decided to arrive on Zoe's birthday too, talk about bad timing or what!

Thank you all for the lovely thoughts over the past week. I hope you are all doing well.

Ledkr Sat 02-Mar-13 14:51:09

That was Zoe telling you it's not time yet blizy and I believe that.
Your sister is an arse by the sound of it don't know the history but not good to not even send a text. I felt pissed off today cos my mum had dsis baby yesterday as she had a bug yet when I had noro I was left to cope alone as mum didn't want to catch it hmm

RobinSparkles Sat 02-Mar-13 18:14:07

Blizy glad you had a lovely day on Zoe's birthday smile.

Ledkr, that's so awful about Ella's friend sad. Were they the same age?

Ledkr Sat 02-Mar-13 18:34:40

Yes 11 she was fine one minute next she collapsed with a brain aneurism. Awful.

blizy Sat 02-Mar-13 19:39:20

Robin, hi! How are you and the girls?

wigglesrock Sat 02-Mar-13 20:04:34

ledkr that's horrible news, poor Ella, she must be so confused and so very sad.

RobinSparkles ha I knew you'd be back wink

blizy glad you got to celebrate Zoes birthday how you wanted x

Had lovely day out today, bit cold shock but good fun. Olivia hasn't been well the past few days, she ran a desperately high temp for a few days but with no other symptoms, not even the dodgy throat. So it was nice to see her looking a bit better.

I have a new phone so sorry if I've made any huge typos unless they're funny!!

RobinSparkles Sat 02-Mar-13 20:24:42

Wiggles I know, I'm so crap - sorry!

Blizy, we're all well thank you.

L is exhausting and I've been feeling a down with her lately. It's one of the reasons I haven't posted for a while - silly really as you lot are always so supportive.

There have been times on the school run when I've been tempted to chuck myself under a bus. This too shall pass, this too shall pass wink.

Anyway... glad Olivia is looking better smile.

Ledkr Sat 02-Mar-13 20:48:36

Robin- me too as you saw in my thread grin
D is just the hardest child she has not got me and the others laid back ness at all. I love her dearly but she's very trying.
Still up tonight watching the cube with us as she had a late sleep. This is not the norm as she's been sleeping well.

wigglesrock Sat 02-Mar-13 20:48:56

RobinSparkles I always found this age particularly difficult. I was at my wits end when Liv was 2. Anna is a real handful and not always cute enough to carry the cheekiness off shock

RobinSparkles Sat 02-Mar-13 21:26:18

Both of mine are still up! L is ready for bed - her little eyes are droopy but she won't stay in bed until DD1 goes to bed. DD1 is refusing to get PJs on etc.

On the plus side they both get on and play really nicely together smile.

Can anybody tell me what I've missed? I sometimes lurk but haven't for a while!

Ledkr Sat 02-Mar-13 21:29:37

Lies wiggles you are never stressed and angry you are super mum.
D redeemed herself with mega cuteness when she put her head on my shoulder and tried to sleep (I was keeping her up late as she'd slept late)

RobinSparkles Sat 02-Mar-13 21:42:49

It always makes me feel guilty for getting stressed when they are cute smile. When you watch them when they sleep too. I always want to wake them to give them a cuddle but then I remember what little --buggers they are when they wake, so I don't.

Ledkr Sat 02-Mar-13 22:12:41

I always feel guilty when I think of Zoe and Mia and Alidah and all the other children who have been lost on here.
Ungrateful I feel but I'm not I promise.

blizy Sun 03-Mar-13 14:08:31

Ledkr, please don't feel guilty. I'm pretty sure I would have had my moments if Zoe was here! You are only human and of course sometimes the little ones know exactly what buttons to press to make the steam come out of your ears!
My little mindee has just turned 2, god do I have a sigh of relief at his home time. His favourite thing to do just now is tantrum - such fun! I really feel for his parents, he is HARD work.

blizy Sun 03-Mar-13 14:09:11

Remember, this too shall pass. (Hopefully)

RobinSparkles Sun 03-Mar-13 14:15:31

The little boy that I used to look after (2 at the time) used to SCREAM! He was a little darling but I used to need a Valium and a lie down when he had gone home! grin He used to wind DD1 up something chronic too (they were the same age and such a lovely one too).

I'm still in touch with his mum but she says he's still a wind up merchant with his little sister. He's 5 now!

blizy Sun 03-Mar-13 14:29:49

Robin, sounds exactly like my little one! He is so cheeky but very funny with it. He is leaving me next year to start his free nursery place, I will be so sad, I've had since he was 7 months. However his mum is due another baby in April so who knows, I might end up with the next one!

This thread is not accepting new messages.