Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2011- the one where life gets better for all of us.

(1000 Posts)
GOLDdebka Tue 25-Sep-12 21:24:03

New thread open for business!!

I am anticipating MUCH weight loss, job improvements, sleeping babies, good health and one very eagerly anticipated BFP. smile

reastie Fri 22-Feb-13 13:43:09

led tbh is it wrong that I'm grin at the thought of you pretending to go out only to find them hanging around all day blush . It is odd. I haven't read the whole of your thread - did you ask them why? Have you been outed somehow then (new nn)?

Possiblyoutedled Fri 22-Feb-13 14:49:54

Well after that thread yesterday fil text dh to apologise for staying so long??? It made me paranoid.
I feel a bit angry today actually. This was my lovely house before I even met dh and I worked so hard to keep it when I got divorced. I hate the way they think its theirs to do As they want with.
I'm going to get locks changed before they ever come again so that we need a key to lock it.
I'm seriously having a break for a bit tho. Dh apologised for then once again and said he can see why it's so stressful for me so they can feck away off. She was very controlling here and kept bossing dh around like a child no wonder he's so soft with her. Told him to get dressed eat etc he was so pissed off.

reastie Fri 22-Feb-13 14:59:34

led how annoying. I recon they just apologised because your friend caught them out FWIW. Re: your thread and MIL snooping. I am extremely hmm about this when PIL look after DD. MIL will make comments like 'I got your hairbrush out of your drawer in your bedroom for ALice because she went in there and asked for it' she never does with me . It's probably me being itchy but there's something about PILs being in your house on their own with free reign (and eat what they like in your case!) to nose where they like which makes me a bit confused

Possiblyoutedled Fri 22-Feb-13 18:22:24

Yes defo. It's such an intrusion isn't it? My main shower is broken at the moment but there is a bath and sink and constant hot water.
I have a very small en suite shower room but dint fancy them in my room or showering in my shower.
I bought a attachment for the bath so they could wash hair etc. last time they waited until we weren't here and then used my shower. I was so pissed off as I'd not cleaned it and my knickers were in the floor and all my girly stuff was left out.
Thus time I made it quite clear they weren't using it.
Dh can see it now at last he's fuming with his mother being so bossy and for them for staying here so late.

tadjennyp Fri 22-Feb-13 18:28:01

Happy birthday Lottie!

Hanging about when you are not in the house is weird if they're not staying overnight, ledkr. hmm My PILs just about let me put the kettle on and make tea in theirs as if I'm not capable of doing anything more, but when they come to mine it feels as if I have to ask for permission to put my own kettle on. "You don't have to look after us at all." Which sounds kind I know, but is only half kind and half, well whatever you do won't be as good as I could do it. hmm If I let them, (and I have been guilty of this in the past) MIL would completely take over whatever we're doing then complain that only she has ideas. Dh just says you can't win so he doesn't bother trying with her. At least he's on my side, but it does hurt him when she says cruel things to me. Sorry, it's a bloody essay and I meant to just say take that break from them. grin

I think it's covered by insurance reastie, but the woman I phoned to set up the appointment is with the education service so it may just come out of their budget. Good luck with the kitchen by the way!

Hope everyone has made it through the day on such little sleep. I'm looking forward to dh coming back tonight as he has been away all week. Good Friday nights everyone!

Possiblyoutedled Fri 22-Feb-13 21:58:57

Aw tad thanks for sharing. Makes me feel less abnormal.
I have dh to myself all weekend as he's off. We have had since dinner and too much wine so am now in bed grin

tadjennyp Sat 23-Feb-13 05:26:08

wink led!

wigglesrock Sat 23-Feb-13 08:54:43

Morning led [wink wink nudge nudge grin ] Hope you have a lovely weekend - you deserve it xx

ponyo thinking of you and your Mum. Isn't dp away this weekend? Hope you and A have a great time - tv is your friend grin

Mr W is working all weekend so think we are just mooching about - watching tv and Ice Age 4, eating sweets and going shopping grin S had to build something space related for school so the aforementioned rocket is done and ready for Monday. She did it all herself - aren't tinfoil and plastic lemonade bottles a wonderful invention?

Off to wrestle A into some clothes but no coat "No Mammeeeeee" blush

Have a lovely weekend xx

wigglesrock Sun 24-Feb-13 07:00:46

Hubbard Happy Birthday Freya !

Grannyapple Happy Birthday Nate!

blizy Sun 24-Feb-13 14:44:47

Just popping in to wish Nate and Freya a very happy birthday! Hope you all have a fantastic day. X

HobKnob Sun 24-Feb-13 15:40:48

Happy birthday all 2 year olds!

Went to another Freya's (4th) birthday party today, soft play, 12-2pm, wet day. Was hell.on.earth. Imy and I are only just recovering now in front of the TV. I have had 3 cups of tea in swift succession- working (again) tonight so wine, although tempting, is probably a bad idea!

tadjennyp Sun 24-Feb-13 19:32:44

Happy birthday to Nate and Freya! Hope you have both had wonderful days!

Hobknob - are you still working in the old people's home or have I got that wrapped round my neck somehow?

Quiet day here, a re-arranged Chinese New Year party for the Chinese adopted daughter of an Italian friend of mine. She has an adopted son from Ethiopia too and celebrates all the Ethiopian stuff as well!

wigglesrock Mon 25-Feb-13 06:42:58

Reastie Happy Birthday Alice xxx

Tadjennyp Olivias class had a New Year Party the week before midterm, it great fun, one of the Mums helped organise it.

Yay for Ben Affleck, we've always loved him, Mr W has quite the man crush on him, mind you I think I might be a little in love with Jennifer Garner blush

Grannyapple Mon 25-Feb-13 08:34:37

Morning folks! Thanks for the birthday wishes for Nate...we're back in Glasgow at the mo so he's having a ball & being spoilt rotten! Off to see my bestie this afternoon & her 3 yr old twins so looking forward to leaving the kids to their own devices & we can have a natter grin.

God led what a nightmare you're having...but at least dh has seen the light as such. MIL would never do or say such things to DH, but thus w/e I have witnessed MIL put the guilt trip/manipulate his sisters a bit...has always happened but dh seems to be a bit surprised at it...he hears it, but had never witnessed it...guess in their family, it's the difference-the boys know fine well that their mum wouldn't dare to do/say such things or in a certain tone with them as she would get short change!! One of his sisters is going through a horrible break up at the mo so think dh might need to have a quiet word with his mum about not being so intrusive with his sis as she's a bit fragile at the mo.

Finally got drugs from the docs so cough has finally fecked off! 19wks now....this pg is flying by, tho already looking forward to finishing up for work already grin

ponyo sorry about your gma...hope your mum is holding up ok, is a horrible time x

Big waves to blizy-I'm seeing my bestie at hers in Cumbernauld so will wave as I drive past yours smile. Lots of hugs to you too for the coming days xxxxx

reastie Mon 25-Feb-13 14:38:43

Hi all

Happy belated bday Freya Hubbard and Nate Grannyapple

ALice had a nice family birthday lunch yesterday. All Gruffalo themed, my cake topper if I do say so myself was quite good. She hasn't opened her presents today yet as DH wants us to wait until he's home <tries to hold back from excitement>. Off in a min to Alice's swimming lesson.

Granny glad you're feeling better

Blizy thinking of you and Zoe this week x

Wiggles you're Afflek comment has passed me by, is this something to do with the oscars? I must google all the lovely outfits from this year blush

blizy Mon 25-Feb-13 17:06:27

Happy birthday Alice!

tadjennyp Mon 25-Feb-13 18:31:50

Happy birthday Alice! The cake topper looked great reastie.
Glad you are all being spoiled granny. Poor SIL.
Got to go, have physio on my back shortly.

Happy birthdays to Freya, Nate and Alice!

reastie - I was very impressed with the Gruffalo, didn't look half as shite as my Elmo. grin

led - the PILs probably knew they'd get rumbled by your friend. I can't believe they stayed so long with no one else home. hmm

L managed to fall off the sofa this weekend and hit the coffee table just above his eye. Yes, he was jumping on the sofa. He screamed the house down for ages, wouldn't let us put ice on it then kept trying to pick off the plaster. It kept bleeding and bleeding for ages but seems to be ok now. I never know if it's just a bump or should be checked - apparently the only choice here at 5pm on a Saturday is A&E. hmm I couldn't find a nurse line or anything.

tadjennyp Mon 25-Feb-13 21:49:48

If he screamed straightaway and didn't lose consciousness at any time then he should be ok, but I would get him checked out if you can. A&E is the only place open here at that time on a Saturday with a $150 co-pay on our insurance. hmm Hope Leo is ok now.

wigglesrock Tue 26-Feb-13 06:58:33

americanexpat above the eye can be a real bleeder! I loved your Elmo and shamelessly showed some people the photo and went look what my friend did blush

40weeks Happy Birthday Mikey Hope you are all well.

blizy xxx, love as always.

Oh and in breaking news I bought a Communion dress for S yesterday for wait for it ..... £20 shock It was in the sale rack apparently it's last year's stock - really who gives a shiney shite? They're 7!!!!! I was nearly asked to leave the shop after my honest response to being asked if she was wearing a veil - I feel the phrase "is she fuck May have been uttered to close to the rosary beads grin

wigglesrock Tue 26-Feb-13 06:59:16

americanexpat above the eye can be a real bleeder! I loved your Elmo and shamelessly showed some people the photo and went look what my friend did blush

40weeks Happy Birthday Mikey Hope you are all well.

blizy xxx, love as always.

Oh and in breaking news I bought a Communion dress for S yesterday for wait for it ..... £20 shock It was in the sale rack apparently it's last year's stock - really who gives a shiney shite? They're 7!!!!! I was nearly asked to leave the shop after my honest response to being asked if she was wearing a veil - I feel the phrase "is she fuck may have been uttered to close to the rosary beads grin

wigglesrock Tue 26-Feb-13 06:59:47

So important I posted twice blush

tadjennyp Tue 26-Feb-13 16:32:33

Happy birthday Mikey!

Lol wiggles. 20 quid is bargainous though! Well done you.

Happy birthday to Mikey! I can't remember what his mum's name was, just that they were on BBC Breakfast after being asked to leave a restaurant.

tad - I feel like we're getting a bargain then since our copay is only $50. grin I wish there was something like NHS 24, if only to reassure me.

wiggs - 20 quid, well done! I am a bit blush about Elmo's eye but was very pleased with his fur and how the colours came out. L's poo was red for days. grin

wigglesrock Thu 28-Feb-13 06:36:58

blizy Happy Birthday Zoe never forgotten xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.