Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

February 2011- the one where life gets better for all of us.

(1000 Posts)
GOLDdebka Tue 25-Sep-12 21:24:03

New thread open for business!!

I am anticipating MUCH weight loss, job improvements, sleeping babies, good health and one very eagerly anticipated BFP. smile

reastie Wed 13-Feb-13 18:37:59

Happy bday Cassia.

blizy hope you enjoyed your snuggley day with the mindees.

american Looking forward to seeing the Elmo cake! I'm going to try and make a gruffalo cake decoration from a creme egg. i found the instructions online grin

I wasn't at Ikea either. I love ikea but only when it's quiet in there or I get annoyed in the queues of people getting in my way at every turn. I'm like ledkr I like old furniture grin

ponyo well done you for telling off the other child. I'd probably be too scared blush

Am going to attempt to take Alice with me bra shopping tomorrow. Think I'll have to bribe her with chocolate and hope she doesn't keep opening the changing room curtains whilst I'm trying them on!

wiggles lucky MrW having 4 days off in a row

tadjennyp Wed 13-Feb-13 19:27:16

That party sounds great Mizk and Cassia sounds like she has a great personality! wink

A cosy day in front of the telly sounds like a great idea blizy.

I bet the gruffalo and Elmo cakes turn out wonderfully expat and reastie! Well done for doing it yourselves. A wanted an icecream cake so Baskin Robbins it was, and S doesn't care as long as it's chocolate cake!

Love sour haribo! Hope you and MrW get to spend some time together for a change. It's been a bit rough lately with all the overtime and sickness. Time to book another trip to Paris? wink

IKEA is a four hour drive for me, but spring break is coming up so we may take a trip up there! smile

Hope all little ones are in bed now and you are settling down to a nice glass of wine trashy TV evening. wine

blizy Thu 14-Feb-13 11:47:50

Just point in to say happy birthday to Anya. Hope you all have a fab day Ponyo! Xx

wigglesrock Germany Thu 14-Feb-13 13:28:51

Ponyo Happy Birthday Anya xxx

Miz K Anna has shall we say a strong personality grin I swear if I said black she'd say white. For the life of me I can't thing where she gets it from blush

Olivia finishes today for midterm, Sofia has been off all week anyway with the pox. As she is well on the road to recovery we headed into big town just the two of us this morning. God she can shop shock I didn't think I'd get her out of H&M. She focused on H&M, Primark and the Disney store, the triumvirate of her shopping loves. I'm bloody knackered!

Oh Happy Valentines if we're bothering grin thanks wine

Happy birthday to Anya!

wiggles - I was just thinking in the car how unromantic Valentines Day was in 2011 - had a sweep from the midwife then started losing my mucous plug. I think you had a sweep the same day, yes?

L's class at nursery is having a Valentines Day party today so I was one of those horrible parents at the supermarket at 9pm hoping they'd have some cards left. DH left the list of names at work hmm so I had to finish them this morning when I dropped him off. The shame. blush

wigglesrock Germany Thu 14-Feb-13 15:18:24

americanexpat yup, I had a sweep on Valentine's morning - was tres romantic! I didn't think it would work, both S and O were late and A was a day early - even now she doesn't have the patience she was born with [grin ]

Olivia came home from school with a Valentines Day card from a boy shock I asked her why she thought he gave it to her and she shrugged and said she gave him share of her break last week grin She has an apple for break so not sure how that would work - one bite for you, one for me! No wonder chickenpox ran amok in that class!!

tadjennyp Thu 14-Feb-13 17:59:32

Happy Birthday Anya! Love the tent!

Know that feeling expat, A hand-painted Valentine's for her entire class and taped a roll of lovehearts in each one. E refused point blank to do any for his!

Sounds like a fun day wiggles. Hope you all have a fun holiday.

The girl scout cookies have been delivered so I'm going to have do receipts for 177 boxes! shock That's the weekend sorted. grin

HobKnob Thu 14-Feb-13 20:46:33

Happy Valentines Day everyone, and happy birthday Cass, Zachary and Anya smile

reastie I'm intrigued about your creme egg/Gruffalo combo- link please grin [nosey]. BTW did you get my pm back on FB? I need your address!

wiggles bleaching the backside yard eh? hmm

ponyo I 100% would have done the same as you, they can be proper little divas at this age can't they grin

borg good to hear from you smile

For those not on FB I've had all my hair cut off shock well perhaps not all but there's a lot less of it than there was. I am bloody chuffed with it, keep finding excuses to go and preen in front of the mirror blush.

reastie Thu 14-Feb-13 21:02:09

ohh hobs I didn't get your pm back, will check now I thought you were ignoring me blush . can't wait to see the new 'do, piccies are not optional! this is the edible gruff

ponyo huge birthday shout out to Anya, hope she had a faborooney day

tad 177 boxes???!!!!

wiggles I too am hmm at sharing an apple for break! It's funny as I remember you getting the sweep on valentines - it feels so recently yet a lifetime ago too.

I got a card from DH for valentines which he hurriedly got out of a drawer and wrote as he forgot it was valentines day . When we first went out I got florist delivered huge bunches of flowers, then it progressed to flowers bought on the way home from the garage. Now I get a card and that's it hmm . Goodness knows what I won't get next year!

reastie Thu 14-Feb-13 21:04:04

hobs I had no pm reply on fb from you hmm . Will pm you my address now though

HobKnob Thu 14-Feb-13 21:25:29

reastie blush sorry sorry sorry wasn't ignoring you- FB must have eaten my message angry. Gruffalo cake looks amazing!

(I got nothing for Valentine's Day sad )

HobKnob Thu 14-Feb-13 21:29:03

I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!! He sent me an (admittedly quite sweet) email.

ILovePonyo Thu 14-Feb-13 21:53:23

Hi all, ahh A's had a good birthday at nursery admittedly, but then her 4 year old friend came over and theyve run around being nuts for 2 hours. She only went to bed at 9 shock

deb grin at romantic email, at least hes saving the trees eh?! Piccy of the new short 'do please!

reastie that gruffalo cake looks amazing, and really hard to make shock I think if I made it it would look a crappy mess grin Bet you do a pro job.

tadj an ice cream cake from baskin robbins sounds so yum, I want one! Any chance of a pic when you get it? I'm intrigued smile

Me and dp didn't bother with valentines day but I'm not arsed grin Hope everyone is well. Am knacked so off to bed soon, thanks for A's birthday wishes smile

ledkr Spain Thu 14-Feb-13 21:55:37

Hi all. Lovely dilly "dilly'd" my valentines day. I took Ella to pics and mum managed to cock up her sleeps while she had her so she ended up sleeping at 4.30 couldn't wake her up so annoying. Then cried for ages wouldn't eat or have a bath. I was trying to cook our val day dinner which I'd said Ella could join in with as didn't want to leave her out. Kitchen ended up a bomb site. D went down at 9,we attempted to eat but Ella was being ridiculous and got sent to bed!!
What a faff. Just going to go to bed and see what d delivers. It won't be good though I'm sure.
Pil trying to worm their way in next week as its their half term but not ours. Dh tried to put them off but then I realised its dh's first weekend off in months so they can come in the week whilst I'm at work and help out with childcare then feck away home (channeling wiggs there)

ledkr Spain Thu 14-Feb-13 21:56:50

I got a card and flowers bless him but too tired to care.

tadjennyp Thu 14-Feb-13 22:49:15

Sorry Ponyo, all eaten up but looks like ordinary cake but with ice cream inside it instead of buttercream filling. Twas an oreo one but square. Glad there are some nice valentines going on. We just did cards but went out for Japanese food at lunch.

Sending sleepy vibes to little ones for Valentine's night! wink

ledkr Spain Thu 14-Feb-13 23:00:51

Tad. Like an artic roll?? Ha ha ha

tadjennyp Fri 15-Feb-13 00:48:39

Yep, ledkr, I thought so. grin If you click on the link they are a lot fancier, but arctic roll to me too!

blizy Fri 15-Feb-13 07:21:44

Morning all, just waiting on the kids arriving. Just taking them to school fro 9 am then I'm done for the weekend grin.

Dh surpassed himself yesterday with v day, I got a card and flowers! We had a nice night, yummy dinner and yummy desert wink. It's the Start of my good days iykwim? So we are having a cosy weekend.

Huge happy birthday to Anna and Leo! Hope you all have a fantastic day, give the big 2 year olds a hug from me. X

ledkr Spain Fri 15-Feb-13 07:41:24

Massive nudge n wink at the blizys

Happy birthday Anna and Leo as well.

D did a wee in the potty just now bless. Only thing is she gets excited and wants to carry it to the loo nearly spilling it in the process.
She sings happy birthday about fifty times a day. I might hire her out for parties.

wigglesrock Germany Fri 15-Feb-13 13:45:29

americanexpat Happy Birthday Leo xxx

blizy quiet night in then? wink

Thank you for Anna's birthday wishes. She's asleep grin

wiggs - Happy birthday to Anna - I can't believe how grown up they all are now.

blizy - wink wink nudge nudge. grin

I sent L to nursery with some mini-cupcakes. I forgot to buy the liners so I had to dig out the Halloween liners - thankfully there's only a bat on the bottom and the sides are stripy so they don't look too horrible. Again, the shame of it, two days running. blush

wigglesrock Germany Fri 15-Feb-13 18:36:31

americanexpat they'll be taking your badge off you if you're not careful grin

Don't worry we are going out on our oft postponed dinner tonight, so we're hardly winning parents of the year! In fact parents are coming over slightly early so we can nip in for a quick drink before we meet our friends shock

reastie Fri 15-Feb-13 19:22:59

Happy Birthday Anna wiggles . Is she enjoying her kitchen? Have a nice meal out envy

blizy hope you're busy having a 'fun' week end rather than being on here wink

american I'm sure they won't notice the halloween cake liners, they'll be too busy eating the cakes!

ledkr grin for hiring out Dilly for singing happy birthday. Are PIL coming over then?

Alice amazed my Mum today when she was looking after her by doing naming correctly and unprompted some colours grin . Mum said she made shock face as she wasn't expecting it grin .

hobs glad you got a nice email. I think DH must've felt bad after all the gifts I lavished upon him yesterday hmm as he came home today with a big bunch of lovely flowers

Tad those cakes look very fancy for arctic rolls! Btw for those impressed that I'm attempting the gruffalo cake, I'm only attempting the gruff himself, the cake will just be an orange cake with some cream cheese icing spread around it, I couldn't do all the fancy work on the actual cake.

I'm on half term - woohoo.

ILovePonyo Fri 15-Feb-13 20:46:20

Hello all, and happy birthday to Anna and Leo smile

tadj grin at arctic roll, those cakes look yum.

blizy aw at your lovely Valentines day, well done Mr Blizy! Enjoy your 'busy' weekend wink

reastie yay half term! dp is off for a week now too.

Hi everyone else, I am so tired so have just come on to pose a question to you all - is 2 too young for sleepover? I think yes, dp says no. Hes away next week fr a few days and our friends have offered to have A overnight for a sleepover with her 4 year old friend (who came round last night and basically sent A bonkers running about). I've said no, I just think she's too little, plus she doesn't sleep all night anyway, and if she wakes up in the middle of the night she wont know where she is.

Might go somewhere nice at the weekend for a little day trip, my mum was meant to be coming but my grandma (her mum) is very ill in hospital with pneumonia, I dont think things are looking good so she might not be able to come. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

This thread is not accepting new messages.