Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

February 2011- the one where life gets better for all of us.

(1000 Posts)
GOLDdebka Tue 25-Sep-12 21:24:03

New thread open for business!!

I am anticipating MUCH weight loss, job improvements, sleeping babies, good health and one very eagerly anticipated BFP. smile

hubbard86 Fri 08-Feb-13 23:11:12

Awww blizy. I wish there was something I could say to help.

My reaction to the crossdresser was one of shock and laughter. I'm as open minded as they come but if I wanted a woman I'd be with one, not a man dressed as one. I proceeded to get very drunk and snog the dj (who was a friend, straight and most definitely dressed as a man Lol). He still tries to ring me and send me messages etc but he really isn't my type.

wigglesrock Sat 09-Feb-13 06:58:51

Tarlia Happy Birthday Zachary!!

blizy hope you managed some sleep xx

blizy Sat 09-Feb-13 10:21:56

Happy birthday to Zachary! Hope you all have a wonderful day, tarlia.

I'm ok now, I did manage a sleep which is a bonus! Busy day ahead, preparing for my ds and dn.
hope you all have a good weekend.

hubbard86 Sat 09-Feb-13 12:52:09

2nd bad date instalment. Met one guy through a friend and we arranged to go out boxing night as I was child free. We met up and were having a really nice night. My bff showed up at the club we were in with a few of our friends so we joined them. At the end of the night I find out he had tried it on with my best friend. The next day my bff and i were talking and it turns out he was sending her the same messages that morning as he'd sent me with the exception of him saying to her i was being kept around so he could see her. We both confronted him and there was no way he could talk his way out of it. All he could say was why did you tell each other. Do men not understand best friends talk, especially about men when you're both single?? Can honestly say though that was a knock to my confidence though as my bff is tall slim and blonde and does get a lot of attention when we're out but I still love her and wouldn't have her any other way.

ledkr Sat 09-Feb-13 13:18:24

Ok then reastie you are ahead of me then. I do normally get the round up but alas not this week so do send I'd like to see my name in lights lol.
Ill pm you my e mail

tadjennyp Sun 10-Feb-13 19:49:02

Hope you had a lovely birthday with Zachary Tarlia!
He sounds like a right charmer Hubbard. Lucky escape there.
hope you have all had a lovely weekend.

wigglesrock Mon 11-Feb-13 10:10:34

Morning all, hope we are all bright and breezy this morning!!

We are the pox house at the minute. Sofia and Anna both came down with it on Fri and Sat, so we are lying up on the sofa watching Brave and eating Aero and Haribo alternately blush To be fair it's all research trying to get the perfect range of sweets for As party at the weekend hmm

Happy belated birthdays to Zachary and Sabine!

Well, I managed to pick up DH's illness and spent Friday afternoon/evening with D&V. I thought I was feeling better by Sat morning so thought I'd be OK to visit friends for the weekend. I was a bit of a wet blanket and am feeling very rough today due to not resting enough. I'm still not able to eat much apart from plain carbs. My first night away from L and I didn't enjoy it nearly enough. sad

Hobknob - I feel quite mean for laughing at S's singed fringe. Still snickering at your name btw.

L appears to be in the midst of a growth spurt. Between 5:15 and 7pm bedtime, he ate 2/3 of an apple (core seeds and all hmm), a bowl of pasta, 2 slices of peanut butter toast and a cup of milk. Then for breakfast he had 1/2 of a big bagel with cream cheese and a whole banana. Maybe he's finally going to get out of the 12-18 month trousers.

WeAreBorg Mon 11-Feb-13 22:21:41

Bonsoir

Happy birthday to all the babies!

hubbard your dates! Hope you find someone normal soon, sure you will. I once went on a date dressed as a nun as I had gone to a fancy dress party the night before and I wanted my moneys worth from the costume. I told him "oh I thought you knew I was a nun?", and maintained that pretence for a good hour before my drunken sweariness gave me away.

expat oh no, hope you are feeling better today. N always eats quite a lot of crap, and he is in still in 12-18m trousers but could probably get away with a 2yr top, and has probably a 12year olds feet.

Who was buying the ikea kitchen? Nate has it, we use it to keep his snacks in, he rarely plays with it, unless we go to ikea in which case he plays with it for ages confused. He loves ikea, I think he is expats ikea love twin.

Nate was upset today sad He started at nursery last week, when I picked him up today he said he had been crying. I had to carry him about all evening, and when I asked him about nursery he got the bottom lip wobble and said he wanted to stay at home. He hasn't smiled at all, and I have been lying next to him tonight as if I move he starts crying for me. I feel really awful, hope he settles

tadjennyp Tue 12-Feb-13 05:50:41

Sorry about all the sickness wiggles and expat - hope all the germs bugger off soon. Glad you had a nice time in Chicago expat.

Poor Nate, Borg. I hope he settles down soon. S used to cry loads when we dropped him off but now I can leave him for 'movie night' and he just shouts 'bye bye Mummy'. Did you have him somewhere else before?

I hope everyone has a lovely Valentines Day and Hubbard gets a great new date!

wigglesrock Tue 12-Feb-13 06:39:54

Borg I know it's upsetting but agree with the wise tadjennyp, could just be a wee phase. S and O used to do a bit of this, even now sometimes I would get a bit of "don't go out Mum, stay with us pleeeeaaaase" hmm not so much with Anna grin

Anna is getting the kitchen, Mr W is already planning his IKEA trip with excitement!!

MizK Happy Birthday Cass grin

americanexpat Hope you're feeling better xx

ledkr Tue 12-Feb-13 07:45:39

Ah Borg that would break my heart too.
I'm worried about d starting nursery as we have never left her as we share childcare. I'm a bit of a pushover and would try and leave him for shorter periods at first so he gets used to it.
Sat night when I got in d was in the playroom and must have heard my voice cis suddenly came running through the house shouting "hello hello" and ran to me. I was very pleased as she normally prefers dh.
Went out at night yesterday to pick up els d was pointing at the stars and saying "lights"

ledkr Tue 12-Feb-13 07:46:18

Oh and <copies wiggles> happy birthday cass x

ILovePonyo Tue 12-Feb-13 09:46:59

Happy birthday cass! And Zachary who I missed the other day shock

Borg that sounds really sad, must be so hard for you. Fwiw A still clings to me when I drop her off sometimes, I know that doesn't help much. Does he go every day? Hope he enjoys it more next time.

Ledkr when is D starting nursery?

Sorry to all those poorly, hope everyone is better soon

We had to leave A to cry for an hour at 2am sad she's been horrific sleep wise and in our bed most nights for the past week, I wouldn't mind but in our bed she thrashes about, kicks us and sleep horizontally so me and dp end up perched on the edge either side.
She woke up wanting to come into our bed, I said no and gave her a cuddle, told her she was going to sleep in her bed then had to leave her.
Is that really horrible? Be honest (including you ledkr, I think I know what you'll say wink)

Sorry for me me me post, better go do some work

blizy Tue 12-Feb-13 12:04:54

Happy birthday Cassia!

Ponyo, no, you are not terrible at all! I would have done the same.

Borg, I'm sure N will,settle at nursery soon.

Ledkr, grin at D and th "lights". My wee nephew always says he sees Zoe in he clouds and stars smile.

tadjennyp Tue 12-Feb-13 17:51:53

Happy birthday Cassia!

That's so cute ledkr and really sweet of your nephew blizy. smile

Hurray for play kitchens - will MrW bring anything else back wiggles? I can honestly say that my Anna (being a Feb girl too) only cried about twice at nursery. She was an independent little girl from day 1!

I hope A gets out of this awful sleep pattern soon Ponyo. I'm awful without sleep and I don't know how you manage a full day's work like that. All power to you.

Hope tea time is going smoothly for you! wine

ledkr Tue 12-Feb-13 19:28:42

Ponyo? What do you think I'd say? I've left d loads if times and fwiw it works. Every time sleep is good it's followed a period of cc. It's hard because d is so wilful and I get a mixture of angry and upset so cop out. Going in and out to her winds her up and she then tries to vault the cot.
It all confuses me. I could care less if she sleeps with us but like A she likes to lie on my head and kick my boobs so not an option.
I was looking at flights to clear off last time she wasn't sleeping so no judging here grin

ILovePonyo Tue 12-Feb-13 20:14:30

Thanks all. I have just had to leave her crying at bedtime, I could see her looking around the room looking for one more thing to ask for - "bowl... teddy... um, mummy, change bum!" I think shes asleep now <phew>

ledkr I didn't think you would judge (of course!) but I know you've said you've found it hard to leave D crying before, I bloody hate it. A is also wilful and I found myself getting angry, but that means its easier to leave her bcos if I go in she def gets more wound up and so do I. grin at flights, I was thinking about a night in a hotel last night and leaving dp to do the cc, it was his fecking idea! haha.

tadj I manage a full days work by being grumpy to dp after wards and falling asleep on on the sofa at 8.30pm like last night! grin Hope you guys are all ok smile

blizy phew I felt relieved when you said you would do the same re: leaving to cry! Massive aww at your nephew, that brought a tear to my eye. Hows your little Alfie btw?!

Wiggles we went to ikea at the weekend, A seemed unimpressed by the mini kitchen hmm but while we were having a cake and brew she was playing in the kids bit, and another older girl kicked her shock I went over and made the girl say sorry and told her not to kick her in my sternest voice, parents were nowhere to be seen of course hmm

Wish me luck for tonight! And Borg happy birthday to N for tomo smile

Ponyo - L stalls like that too, "hungry? snack? snack?" even when he's just eaten a massive meal plus cake. I also would've been very angry if another child (esp older) kicked my child.

wiggles - What's the verdict Haribo vs. Aero? grin I picked up the train set at Ikea (plus extra track) and have put it away for a few months time when he's bored of his birthday toys. I also got him a play tunnel for his birthday.

Borg - Aww, bless him. Was he with a childminder before? I would give him a couple weeks to settle and if he's still upset, look at other options. L cries when I leave him but then he's fine, and doesn't want to leave in the evening. Tbh, it would break my heart if he was upset all day.

wigglesrock Wed 13-Feb-13 07:02:46

americanexpat fizzy sour haribo but I was in the minority grin

WeAreBorg Happy Birthday Nate grin xxx

Mr W is off work for 4 whole days in a row shock Its payback time for not being here for 3 doses of chickenpox, my mum's sudden flu like illness, my sister having lots of work fiascos etc - looks out window at pissing rain and wonders if bleaching the back yard (not a euphemism grin ) is too mean!

ledkr Wed 13-Feb-13 09:10:04

Wiggs-sour haribbo were all Ella could eat when she was ill.

blizy Wed 13-Feb-13 09:29:08

Wigs huge grin at bleaching the back yard, I didn't think you were into that and you're a bit early, it's not friday yet!

Im having a bad childminder day, little on is sleeping and me and bigger little one are snuggled on the couch watching Mickey Mouse. It's snowing and I refuse to drive in it if I don't have to. There is feck all chance I'm trying to push/pull the double buggy through it too, so a cosy day it is!

Happy birthday to Nate!

I was in ikea at the weekend to, I bought some more of the kids cups/bowls, chopping boards, mirror, loo brush and some hand puppet things for the mindees. I also came out with a shopping list the size of my arm, must win the lottery!

Suppose I had better go, have a good day everyone.

Right, is there anyone on the thread who WASN'T at Ikea at the weekend?

Happy birthday to Nate!

wiggles - [snicker] at bleaching the back yard. I'd leave him with the girls and go out for coffee and cake and a trashy magazine.

blizy - I'd not feel too bad about it, at least you're watching with them and cuddling and not leaving them to watch on their own.

The Elmo cake tin for L's birthday cake came yesterday. I'm a bit shock at what I've got myself into. Stayed tuned for photos of a questionable Elmo cake. grin

ledkr Wed 13-Feb-13 14:45:15

Me me me I feckin hate the place apart from the mini dine bars and 50p ice creams.
I prefer old furniture so it's not for me.

MizK Wed 13-Feb-13 17:57:04

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Cassia ladies!

Happy birthday to Nate and to Anya for tomorrow x

Will get round to putting more pics on soon, Cass's bday went really well, just did a pancake party and had a pile of cupcakes with candles in, sugar overload! Her best present was definitely the luridly coloured tunnel I insisted upon buying her, although she tries to walk round inside it and has collided with several walls and tables.

Sympathies with anyone who is struggling with sleep etc. we are all knackered because c has become the hysterical tantrum queen, both during the day and in the middle of the night. Tonight I drove home in the snow, scared all the way while cass hurled the contents of my handbag at me. She then refused to get out of the car, flung her hat in the road, I had to carry her under my arm like a rugby ball whilst trying not to fall up our slippery steps. She then literally screamed car! Repeatedly for ten minutes at the front door, slapping me every time I tried to soothe her. Lunatic. Sorry to rant but she is a force of nature at the min, I'm half afraid of her!

Re the ikea kitchens - I am team tacky plastic kitchen here, c loves her early learning centre one.

Sorry for meme post will be less selfish when I get my ass on here more regularly!

This thread is not accepting new messages.