Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2011- the one where life gets better for all of us.

(1000 Posts)
GOLDdebka Tue 25-Sep-12 21:24:03

New thread open for business!!

I am anticipating MUCH weight loss, job improvements, sleeping babies, good health and one very eagerly anticipated BFP. smile

ledkr Wed 05-Dec-12 10:13:03

Granny d is doing exactly the same for last week. I started a thread ion sleep for advice. It must be an age thing but she is very distressed so I just let her go off on my lap cos I'm soft.
Blizy? Any news for auntie led?

ILovePonyo Wed 05-Dec-12 17:27:53

granny yes yes yes, A has been doing the exact same for the past 2 weeks. Unless she is completely shattered it is a battle to get her to sleep. I have been googling 21 month sleep regression and it might be a 'thing' esp linked to speech as they are learning so much speech wise at the mo. This seems true of A, she also woke at 4am for a while wide awake and ready to chat it seemed hmm

I'm off to look for leds thread in sleep...

ILovePonyo Wed 05-Dec-12 17:28:28

Oh reastie I have all my xmas cards written and cannot be bothered faffing about doing the addresses - it is a chore I agree!

I've not posted in so long that the thread has fallen off Threads I'm On. blush

Last year was the first year I've ever done Christmas cards and did photo cards with a family photo - think it must be one of those naff American things. grin I will do this years once I've had a chance to get my hair done we take a new photo.

blizy - fingers crossed for you! It could be that with your honeymoon you were late to ovulate so hopefully the honeymoon didn't wear you out too much. grin

Thankfully L seems to have missed most of the sleep regressions but has to sleep on his own in a room - he's up hourly if we sleep in the same room. He usually goes into his cot without a full, says "night night" then shouts for about 10 minutes before finally going to sleep. Where's Borg been? I hope N's turned into a model sleeper. grin

WeAreBorg Thu 06-Dec-12 09:07:41

Hellooooo, I'm heeeeere!!! Apologies in advance for terrible spelling, I am on my phone. That's weird that I came on for a nosy at the same time American asked about me, spooky. Not only had a dropped off threads I'm on, I couldn't even remember my password.
How are things? So blitzy, what's happening?? I'm very nervous and excited for you, the tablets wouldn't cause that surely??
Re sleep, you'll be relieved to hear that all is back to normal and N is sleeping exceptionally badly at the moment. He went to bed at nearly 11pm last night and he spent about an hour telling me " went museum, saw big dinosaur, baby dinosaur, big owl, baby owl, big shark, baby shark" etc etc. he never shuts up, I just lie there with a pillow on my head, quietly sobbing.

Have not had chance to read what else has been happening, but hope everyone is okay.
Much like my exact body and hair double, Kate, I am also expecting a baby, will be 8 weeks tomorrow possibly, although I haven't had a proper period since 2010 so I don't actually know. Ha!

ledkr Thu 06-Dec-12 09:13:41

Hello Borg we missed you!
Congrats on new baby I can't believe we are on second babies now.
Needless to say I shan't be joining you haha
Blizy any news?
Well d was an out and out git last night. Up half the night literally paddying to go down but me and dh weren't doing that so she eventually gave up. I'm just about to go into a meeting and look like death

ILovePonyo Thu 06-Dec-12 10:04:40

Morning all,

Borg! Congrats to you smile (you brave woman wink) N sounds very cute with his talking, clever chap!

ledkr and Borg I look like crap, A was awake from 3am wanting to get up, she kept saying "morning!" in the most cheery voice ever hmm Eventually gave her some milk and she kicked me in our bed untll about 4.30 when she fell asleep for a bit. I am feelingin desperate need of sleep now and have a feeling this might last until after xmas, I think all the change at xmas like going to my mums will only make things worse <optimist grin>

Hope everyone has a good day

WeAreBorg Thu 06-Dec-12 10:49:48

Never say never ledkr wink
Ponyo I really do sympathise, I'm sure you look lovely though. N is not clever, he just insists on going to the museum every day.
I have been trying to catch up, just seen that granny is expecting too. That's so funny, shall we have our babies at the same time and call them the same name again? grin
Also find it very funny that 40 met reasties mil, I don't know why that tickled me but it did.

PrincessOfChina Thu 06-Dec-12 19:22:00

Wowzers. Congrats to Borgand GrannySecond babies! Wow! Can you tell I'm not ready for number 2?!

I too have been a bad MNer recently and certainly have not popped in here for some time...in fact I wonder if you can all even remember who I am ;)

We're also having sleep regression agonies here. It's worse than the newborn days. At the start of the week R grumbled all night and then at 4am and demanded to go downstairs and "play with toys". Ugh. Last night was a good one so hoping tonight follows suit. Thinking of loving her into a bed soon...

Christmas looks like being fun this year - R is getting a wooden kitchen so I'm hoping she'll cook the lunch! I've volunteered to cook even though we're at PIL, as MIL usually fusses so much it drives me bonkers and if I cook I can stay in kitchen and drink champagne.

Has anyone started potty training? R is weeing on the potty most days now and does a hilarious speech when she's about to poo. What does one do if they actually poo in the potty? Tip it out and flush? And then what?!

Anyway, nice to pop in, and Blizy I have everything crossed!

ILovePonyo Thu 06-Dec-12 20:43:55

Hi all, and hello choco Princess what a relief to hear that R has been doing similar things to A sleep wise, its got to end soon hasn't it?! We're thinking about a bed for A soon too, prob with a rail on. No potty training here, A knows you wee in the potty but hasnt done it yet. grin at poo speech

I need some advice, A has been a complete misery the last few days after nursery sad As soon as she gets home she cries over nothing after having a good day at nursery, she is whingey and clingy, and being told "no" (if she wants another biscuit for example) sets her off in a hysterical crying fit. I'm sure shes tired, she is prob teething at the back and pushing boundaries, plus getting used to new routine but its exhausting! Heeeelp grin

Grannyapple Thu 06-Dec-12 22:47:29

Yay...snap borg...I'm 8 wks on Sunday apparently...how funny that we are expecting around the same time again..& yeah, may need to check our name choices in advance grin

ponyo totally feel ur pain...N has been exact same this week after nursery...refused to eat dinner tonight...so he had a banana & yoghurt...hoping not, but betting he wakes up AGAIN tonight. Tho no screaming tonight as he was so shattered he didn't finish his milk...only had 40min nap all day at nursery...now wondering if that will be the key to getting him to sleep they again, cutting down his daytime nap to 1 he max hmm

Welcome back american & princess too..

tadjennyp Fri 07-Dec-12 05:17:33

How strange! I was just wondering the other night how you were getting on Borg! Lots of congratulations on number 2! smile I was thinking about Byron too and how things in Greece are for her. Hello choco Princess of China and American too!

Sympathies with all the sleep regression at the moment. S shares a room with E and shouts Wood-oo at him a lot but I'm lucky that he generally goes down. He had a shot this morning and keeps pointing at his leg saying 'I sore', the little fusspot. grin

A has a day off school tomorrow so the teachers can write reports hmm so have invited a friend over to keep her occupied.

blizy Fri 07-Dec-12 08:20:49

Morning everyone.
Yay welcome back Borg and princess! Massive congratulations to Borg, so happy for you.

I still have no af, think I'm day 19 now. I a, going to Poas again at the weekend. I really don't thnk I am pg though.
I finish work at 9am today (do school drop off) then I'm going Christmas shopping, I hate, hate this time of year now. sad we are going to a sands Christmas service tonight, we have invited both sets of grandparents along too <brave>.

reastie Fri 07-Dec-12 08:32:38

Blizy as soon as you have POAS again at the week end, please report back, we are desperate to be updated grin

Wiggles thinking of MrWs today with the Clinton visit.

Congrats borg excellent news.

I know when I said on here I was prescribed citalopram a few people said they had taken it - to those people - did you take nurofen whilst on it? The label says no but my GP (without checking) said yes. I'm very sore throaty and have an ear infection-y sad and a bit worried my GP was wrong as she didn't check.

Alice made me grin this morning - she keeps saying 'nice' and sounds like Borat! She also will spontaneously suddenly say 'happy' when she's happy. It makes my heart melt.

ledkr Fri 07-Dec-12 10:45:21

Blizy I'm so excited but don't want to raise your hopes either. I was in denial with d as it seemed such a miracle at my age and after chemo.
I
Well we did let dills have a little cry last night and she slept all night so quite glad. I hate it so drove to the shops for 10 mins and she was off.

blizy Fri 07-Dec-12 13:03:56

Reastie i am grin at your little Borat, so funny!

Well done dilly, sleeping all night!

I am back from Xmas shopping and I have forgot to buy a pee stick! I thought I would be freaking out, but I'm not. I just don't think I am pregnant. I think America's explanation is right. Tbh in not too bothered about it, but if I was it would be amazing!

blizy Fri 07-Dec-12 14:11:30

Me again with a quick question. My mum has asked for Swarovski jewellery for Xmas, can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative?

reastie Fri 07-Dec-12 14:25:00

Erm, I don't know blizy but there are some greatly knowledgable ladies on the christmas gift threads I started up - might be worth asking them. I know in the past month or so they've linked to incredibly reduced swarovski jewellery deals so might know of something around at the moment or good alternatives.

blizy Fri 07-Dec-12 14:56:26

Thanks reastie, I have posted on the thread. It's fab btw, well done you! grin

wigglesrock Fri 07-Dec-12 19:38:25

Evening all grin big hellos to PrincessOfChina and congratulations to Borg grin

Quiet few days here hmm Mr W was supposed to be off for a few days, its the last couple of days off together he has until Christmas Eve. We were sitting in a very naice restaurant last night for our annual Christmas outing and his phone rang and all leave has been cancelled and all days off, the air was blue blush. I was supposed to take S and O to the Christmas Market today and out for dinner while he stayed at home with Anna (she's a bloody torture in a public place) and I couldn't do it. He's feckin' lucky I don't go out myself and throw some bloody petrol bombs at him. S and O were fab about it, we've put the Christmas tree up and are now watching One Direction videos!

Olivia is playing with the crib and comparing the "prettiness" of Mary in the crib and on some Christmas cards blush

Had parent teacher meetings today - all good.

blizy I know I was talking you down a few days ago re no period but see that not too bothered feeling you're feeling - thats exactly how I felt with the girls - just sayin' grin

PrincessOfChina re potty poos - I put them down the toilet, then angled the potty into the toilet flush to wash the potty out a bit before cleaning with baby/Flash wipes.

tadjennyp Fri 07-Dec-12 20:12:08

Shite about the leave being cancelled wiggles, but relieved that MrW hasn't been hurt at Stormont. Glad the parent teacher meetings and the Christmas tree decorating went well. Pleased that A (mine, not yours!) hasn't discovered 1D yet. It's only a matter of time, I'm sure. wink

Borg - congratulations! Can't believe you've made the leap, think you've earned a sleeper with this one. grin

Can I admit I'm a teeny bit jealous of Granny and Borg? I'm ready for another baby but it's not in the cards for us right now.

wiggles - that's shite. Does this mean you're on your own for Christmas eve?

L is watching Sesame Street on Netflix and has just taken off his trousers. hmm Like father, like son. grin

ILovePonyo Fri 07-Dec-12 20:49:48

Oh wiggles how rubbish sad At least the girls sound like they're having a good time though! Is he going to be able to take the leave after xmas anytime soon? A seems to be obsessed with prettiness, "pretty flower/dress/whatever" is a common saying hmm

Does anyone have any cough remedies for little one? A has been coughing away since she went to bed, I really feel for her poor baby. Just been giving her juice and dummy but can see it being a rough night <sigh>

wigglesrock Fri 07-Dec-12 20:55:43

tadjennyp I'm all One Directioned out grin S is getting the new CD, a calendar, a sticker book and a giant One Direction pen (which tbh is a tad phallic shock as part of her Christmas presents. I now long for Barbies blush.

americanexpat I bought my brother in law Sesame Street t-shirts today as part of his Christmas box grin Not sure about Christmas Eve - tis a bit of a wait and see. As always hope they've rioted themselves out by then or it snows. No-one likes a riot in the bad weather - part of the beauty of the main contentious month here being July grin

WeAreBorg Fri 07-Dec-12 22:55:48

Wiggles oh no that's rubbish. Thankfully dh is off Christmas but will no doubt end up having to go in.
Princess ha ha ha ha no we don't even have a potty and I've no intention of getting one any time soon. Too lazy, just going to wait till he works it out himself grin
American if this one doesn't sleep I'm taking it back. I know what you mean about the jealousy thing, there's always a part of me that's a bit sad when someone tells me they're pregnant. Not blizy though of course!
Yes good idea not to get your hopes up blizy but what else can it be????

Night all

This thread is not accepting new messages.