Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

February 2011- the one where life gets better for all of us.

(1000 Posts)
GOLDdebka Tue 25-Sep-12 21:24:03

New thread open for business!!

I am anticipating MUCH weight loss, job improvements, sleeping babies, good health and one very eagerly anticipated BFP. smile

ILovePonyo Mon 19-Nov-12 19:50:30

Hi all, just popping on to say my first day was pretty fab smile Everyone was lovely and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into my work as some of today was spent reading boring policies and procedures... Am looking forward to tomorrow though!

grin granny I always said I'd never bother with a tree etc but I'm going to have to this year arent I, never have done before!

emski boo to your dh wink any excuse to eat chocs is good for me

reastie "elf on a shelf" shock grin

We put A to bed at 6.30 bcos she was shattered bless her.

wigglesrock Mon 19-Nov-12 20:18:08

grannyapple lovely, lovely news. Congratulations grin

ponyo glad your first day went well and everyone was nice to you - well dare they be anything but grin

emski we saw our first Christmas tree in the street today. The girls got really excited - it was lovely and twinkly.

We out our tree up around 7/8 December. The girls are off school for a day around then, so we put it up together then I fix it. But Mr W and I went into town today to have a nosy in the Disney Store and get a few ideas etc. We got pils to mind Anna but had Emma with us, although she is a dote and is happy just to have a look about, not like her cousin at all grin Anna would have demolished the Christmas displays in about 2 mins shock The Christmas market is on, so we ate our way round it blush Was a lovely morning but Mr W is now on nights all week [boo, hiss] - getting into the panto spirit already!!!

Granny - massive congrats!

reastie - meant to say have you tried Spatone? Maybe it'll suit you better than Floradix if you're finding it rough. Amazon usually has the best price.

deb - sorry about your DH. It's his loss really if he doesn't want to engage with the girls, my dad was the type to never be at plays/recitals and it makes me a bit sad.

Waiting until December to put the Christmas tree up? shock I'm going to convince DH that we should put ours up Friday - the day after Thanksgiving. All our ornaments are in the boxes we shipped as sea freight which are finally being delivered on Sunday.

I knackered my back a week and a half ago, couldn't lift L without loads of pain and had to bribe him with chocolate to cooperate for nappy changes. blush Now my back is mostly better but my hips are dodgy, can barely move when I get out of bed in the mornings. sad I've started doing the stretches for sciatica and can hardly get into the position for my right hip. My body has suddenly started falling apart and I'm only 31!

tadjennyp Tue 20-Nov-12 04:35:37

Congratulations granny! Wonderful news. smile

Glad your first day went really well Ponyo.

Yay to Christmas trees, Christmas markets and elves on the shelf. Our elf will be coming back the day after Thanksgiving apparently! wink

tadjennyp Tue 20-Nov-12 04:39:19

Sorry, expat, I hope your back feels better really soon.

blizy Wed 21-Nov-12 06:52:31

Granny, huge congrats in so happy for you and Dh! grin

Vegas is AMAZING, so much to do so little time! It's my birthday today and Dh treated me to an iPad grin, I knew he had his useswink. We were at an animal sanctuary today and the white tigers made me cry, they were such an amazing sight. We are just chilling listening to a band in the hotel tonight.

I hope you are all well, promise to catch up properly when I get home. Live to you all. C

ledkr Wed 21-Nov-12 09:10:45

Happy birthday blizy. Extra big birthday wishes for you x

wigglesrock Wed 21-Nov-12 14:34:33

Happy Birthday blizy

Have you won me any money yet? grin

ledkr Wed 21-Nov-12 19:40:17

Today dilly got her potty and did a wee shock
She then put on her own leggings socks and boots and stood by the door topless saying "car"

ILovePonyo Wed 21-Nov-12 20:46:08

Blizy sounds amazing, white tigers are beautiful. iPad, well done mr blizy! grin

Ledkr shock and grin at D, clever baby! Are you going to potty train now then?! confused

A has gastroenteritis sad she was sick again this morning, can't remember if I posted this but she was sick yesterday at nursery so had to call my mums to come here from brum to look after her, then she came again this morning as A was sick, not a great start to my first week at work! Feel bad for my poorly baby and the fact I'm not about for her. Aaagh!!

ledkr Wed 21-Nov-12 21:37:24

Oh no ponyo what a mare with new job. Hope it's short lived thank god for mums eh?
Not potty training no but will do no nappy and present potty when here. She is getting quite Wiley tbh. Wouldn't give her bottle back today at bed time hung into it and said more!
M not speaking to dh. He led in fecking bed this morning whilst I did breakfast packed lunches late homework held dilly got myself ready for work did school run! He must have heard the noise fgs,
I shouted up in the end " can I have a fucking hand!" In the manner of a fish wife then left slamming the door.
He has been texting all day I told him not to speak to me for a month and have put Ella in with me lol.
Can you tell I'm menstrual

ILovePonyo Wed 21-Nov-12 21:48:17

Cheers ledkr yeah my mum is a bit of a star driving up an hour everyday, well it was an hour and a half today bless her, she is the closest family we have.
Sorry but I did grin at your dh texting you all day, he clearly knows he should have got his arse in gear, what is wrong with him?! Why does he have to wait until its too late then apologise rather than just get up and DO something?! Not just having a go at your dh btw, I can relate, it always feels like I have to tell dp stuff needs doing rather than him doing it.
Ahem mini rant blush

dp has stopped smoking today, am proud of him but he's a bit grumpy smile We will save over £200 a month tho so hope he keeps it up! He said he knew he had to stop when he had no money left to buy fags until payday so had to use joint account hmm

wigglesrock Thu 22-Nov-12 11:00:58

ponyo hope A is feeling better xx

Hope work is going well. Funniest thing happened at a tots group I was at - there was a little girl (18 months) and I kept thinking I knew her. I finally realised she really looked like A (her hair wasn't as nice but grin) and then I looked at her Mum (the child came in with her granny) and she was the double of you shock. It was really bizarre. You and A both have doppelgangers.

ledkr Anna shouts milk milk after she finishes her bedtime bottle. Actually she yells mulk and hot. Usually we don't warm her bottle but she's getting even more fussy in her toddlerhood.

I don't have Emma today so Anna and I are having a lazy day lying on the sofa, watching CBeebies and eating Skips blush I'm sure I could be going for a bracing walk somewhere but A won't get in the pram, hold your hand or use reins so I couldn't be arsed with a row grin

americanexpat and tad Have a lovely Thanksgiving weekend [turkey smiley grin]

ILovePonyo Thu 22-Nov-12 15:37:48

Eep wiggles that is odd! You mean the mum looked like me?! And there was a mini A? shock I have a double here in nottm too apparently, I think I just have a common face grin

A is still at home with my mum as she did a massive runny poo at 3.30am, all over her baby grow and grobag sad then she was in bed with us and kicked me a lot, another unsettled night then! She is siting bit the settee watching a lot of "pig" (peppa) my poor mum must be so bored grin

Wiggles A had ready salted crisps for her breakfast today, she didn't want crispies bcos we wouldn't put any milk on (in case it upset her tum) so salty crisps in front of the tv instead!! blush

Don't forget blizy with her Vegas-style Thanksgiving. grin

Ponyo - poor A, hope she's on the mend soon. L is a huge fan of Sesame Street and Elmo now, brings me the remotes and says, "Melmo?" blush

wiggles - L used to say "mulk" too but in the last few days he's started saying it properly. He was using his ride-on car as a step in the kitchen to reach the worktops hmm so I banned him from the kitchen and stood in the door doorman-style. grin He carried his car up to me and said, "Excuse me, mommy" (not mummy sad), I was so caught off guard that I moved and let him through. grin

ledkr Thu 22-Nov-12 17:53:12

I have met people on hiday who look like people I know so I find myself acting like I would aroind them iykwim. Not funny when loud and raucous and the person is quit straight

reastie Thu 22-Nov-12 18:37:47

American grin to the caught off guard and moving out the way

It was really odd as once years ago I saw my doppleganger in Tescos! She looked just like me, even walked in the same way shock . I kept watching her feeling a bit bizarre blush . Never seen her since!

Ponyo poor ANya (and typical on your first week at work). Hope she gets better soon. Just as well Mum to the rescue!

DH taught Alice 'oi' . I was bought up in a naice household where it was rude to say oi so I'm frowning upon its usage by Alice. I swear she can tell as she keeps running around the house shouting oi oi oi oi oi, and yesterday when I took her for a walk in her buggy she kept shouting it at anyone we passed on the street blush . Her latest obsession is putting nappies on all of her toys and then changing their nappies and giving their bottoms a good wipe with babywipes hmm . It's quite cute as she gets out her changing mat from her changing bag to do it like they'd know the difference

tadjennyp Thu 22-Nov-12 18:50:42

It doesn't take long for them to change accents, does it american? [rueful smile] Hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving and blizy too! You're always so good at remembering everybody wiggles! thanks Are you doing Black Friday american?

shock at Ponyo's doppelganger! Hope Anya is feeling better now.

Hello to everyone else - hope you are having a great Thursday! feels slightly weird as it is a holiday here but nowhere else .

blizy Thu 22-Nov-12 19:29:03

Happy thanksgiving to my American friends! Hope you have a lovely day and weekend. grin

ledkr Thu 22-Nov-12 19:46:04

Doppelgänger thread in chat

tad - Black Friday? Not on your life. grin I hate crowds and would rather pay full price than join that scrum. There were some early sales yesterday so I did a bit of shopping for myself. grin Otherwise we're having an Amazon Christmas this year.

After two rounds of screening, I have an actual in-person job interview on the 3rd. I've heard mixed reviews on the company (sometimes expect long hours) but it's the dominant employer in my field here and they pay well.

40Weeks Thu 22-Nov-12 21:28:36

Hello ladies

It's beene tha since I have posted, and haven't even attempted to catch up properly. I have thought about you all often though and hope you're babies and you are well. What's been happening?? Any more babies on the way?!?

I was at my slimming world group today and one of the ladies there was handing round photos of how she looked before she lost the weight. Imagine my surprise when one of the photos was a christening photo which I recognised!! Yes reastie tonight I met your MIL!!! How funny is that? So I had to come on here and say hi and to wish you all well and hope everything is ok. We are all fine, MIkey is getting so big and bossy but is just such a lovely cuddly little boy.

So have I missed anything major? Does Janedoe still post?
grin

40Weeks Thu 22-Nov-12 21:30:11

Been a while?!? Not what I typed (sausage hands)

reastie Fri 23-Nov-12 06:48:43

OMG OMG OMG 40 shock grin . I knew she was at SW as the lady in my post office said she had met her there (it's a small world) !! Please don't tell her I'm on here she might hunt down all my terrible posts about her <nervous>

reastie Fri 23-Nov-12 07:15:23

Ok, have now recovered from that one! Yes janedoe is still here, but she'd called blizy now and is currently living it up Las Vegas styley on honeymoon wink . Oh, and just to make me feel better about the picture of me you saw (in which I'm sure I looked awful) , I've lost getting towards 4 stone since that was taken grin . So, how are you and MIL getting on at SW?!

This thread is not accepting new messages.