Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2011: The one where DSM gets married...

(999 Posts)
LittleMissFlustered Thu 02-Aug-12 22:59:00

<dons posh frock and adjusts fascinator>

grin

mopsytop Sat 04-Aug-12 08:44:05

Sorry honey, I meant your mother, not your mil!!

Oh and I hope you're all enjoying the 'limpics! I am loving them! Now I have a half English baby I feel I can legitimately cheer on Team GB - it's the first time I've allowed myself to in sport. It's weird, I've lived here for 9 years now (can't believe it's been that long-eek!) and I love living here and love the people and the country, married an Englishman and it truly feels like home now, I'll probably never move back home realistically, but I still always felt it was completely taboo to support England in any sport (although, of course, Scotland and Wales were fine!) but now I have a baby who is half English, I finally feel it's allowed. It is ridiculous I never did before because I think all that antagonism between English and Irish is completely ridiculous. Firstly it all happened a long time ago and secondly it's not like the regular citizens of England were having a grand old time while the Irish were being oppressed. The poor in England were just as oppressed as those in Ireland. So it's ridiculous to feel antagonism. It SO annoys me when I here Irish people who live in England having a go about English people, if they don't like it they should move home. sorry, rant over. All that just to say that it's so much more fun watching the games when there ate loads of people to cheer on. Ireland has so few competitors that opportunities to cheer are far fewer!

Figgygal Sat 04-Aug-12 09:25:04

Mopsy welcome back and good news on the teeth, we still have no sign of any here hes still a gummy monster. Currently he's devouring his breakfast crumpet and melon weve only just got up he woke at 6 came into our bed for an hour then went back to his 7 and we all ended up waking just b4 9. Must have been tired i never go back to sleep normally but the week of night wake ups must have caught up with me - though hes slept through for last 2 nights.

Def thinking am going to have to up to 4+ nappies we had another morning of soaking wet boy with huge nappy malfunction thats 4 this week at least. They either cant take the quantities or he needs active fit and his new rolling around activities means they need to be more pliable......ho hum!!

Plans for today? We off to see ice age 4 at local cinema dh loves those movies and best part is its 10.00 for both of us with glasses not £11.40 for each of us at the big cinemas .........thieves angry ds going to pil might even manage a drink in the pub before we go.......steady on!!!

KateM77 Sat 04-Aug-12 10:43:38

kitty we were staying near the g mex and it was in a private dining room at a bar and restaurant walking distance from there. Can't tell you exactly where though, I just followed DH as he's the one from up here. Hope you're having fun, I'm sure it'll be worth the early start. If you see a crocodile don't forget to scream!

<hands vat of coffee to LMF>

On our way back home to our lovely LO's. Feeling surprisingly well. Listening to Olympics on the radio. Absolutely loving them so far mopsy. Pleased you feel you can now cheer on team GB grin

LittleMissFlustered Sat 04-Aug-12 12:00:07

We're having lots of malympic love chez flusteredgrin

<swims in a lake of espresso>

MissRee Sat 04-Aug-12 15:25:19

<watching the jumpolining>

Boing boing!

LittleMissFlustered Sat 04-Aug-12 16:07:21

I am out, but do love jumpalining. We have Ann eleven foot one in the garden and the kids love to pretend they're professionalsgrin

Figgygal Sat 04-Aug-12 18:24:42

Aw I missed the trampolining!!

<Waves to Mopsy>

LMF Seems you've got Olympians in training there grin

We've been enjoying the Olympics on the box! Rowing we done fab. Ladies team pursuit was excellent. They flew round the velodrome smile now hoping Jessica Ennis completes her 800mtrs in style as she's done well in all other events.

KateM77 Sat 04-Aug-12 20:00:25

DD was an angel for Nanna yesterday but seems to be punishing us for having gone away for a night but having a 2 hour long tantrum and refusing to go to bed. Currently trying to ignore her and waiting until she wears herself out sad

LittleMissFlustered Sat 04-Aug-12 20:08:29

Octoboy has been a sod to put down for a few nights now. I find rocking and chanting 'this too will pass' entirely ineffective but hey, it passes to time!

This time in 2 weeks I'll be a married lady and getting ready to boogie off the huge dinner I just ate grin

Figgygal Sat 04-Aug-12 20:40:44

Oi hope the party has gone well today!!

KateM77 Sat 04-Aug-12 21:15:54

Oh yes, hope the party went well oi

3 hours of screaming before DD finally collapsed asleep. Really hope it was a one-off and not a sign of things to come. I don't know about her but I'm exhausted now!

seven77 Sat 04-Aug-12 22:19:29

oi hope the party is going well and they haven't trashed your new house.

kate 3 hours is impressive! Hope it's just a one-off.

Been to my parents house today. My sister was there with my almost 2yo neice, she's been a stroppy little madam today. Throwing food on the floor and screaming, clearly just attention seeking, though they seem oblivious to it.

I thought that Eva was just a grizzly baby and that she was fine on small amounts of lactose but just couldn't manage normal formula and yoghurts. Anyway, I've been really careful this week not to give her any dairy at all and she's been so much happier. I gave her a fruity custard jar for tea so I guess tomorrow we'll find out if it's just coincidence. This lactose free lark is going to be harder than I thought though, this week mil bought a milkybar round for her and my mum tried to give her a dairylea sandwich hmm.

BeeMyBaby Sat 04-Aug-12 22:56:36

cherry DD2s top teeth came in less than three weeks ago, so, like you, I thought that'd be it for a while - but don't be fooled! DD2s 5th tooth came through today so now I have to wait for its partner in crime to pop up the other side - The teething will be continuous until they are two!

Re weight, I had managed to get to pre preg weight and a little less so was feeling quite good, apart from since Wed I've eaten 3 family bags of minstrels (on my own) and a ridiculous number of doughnuts/pastries (due to stress of returning to work) so have plonked back on 2kg, doesn't bode well thats its only taken 3 days to undo whats taken weeks/months to slowly slowly lose.

aethelfleda Sun 05-Aug-12 05:55:28

Do you still have a new house then, oi?

good day yesterday: went to a friend's baby's secular christening, then saw my bro on the way home and nattered and drank tea while our children all played. DS has gone from trying to crawl to crazy kamakazee turbo crawler in a week, this is not in the schedule!!! On the up side it's only a week til DH gets home.

Hope you got aome sleep kate and good luck seven with the post-custard situation..,

<warms up the enormous Dec-11 engraved coffee pot>

seven77 Sun 05-Aug-12 09:05:21

<holds out bucket>

Bad night here, DS woke at 11.30 then didn't really settle again until nearly 3, then DD was up at 5.20.

Thanks aethel, all fine at the moment, if it plays her up she should be grizzly by lunchtime/early afternoon. She's also a turbo crawler, she's suddenly got really fast the last few days. She's also now pulling up and saying mama. I know it doesn't mean anything yet but it's so cute!

Today's plan is to plonk DS in front of a DVD and hope DD cooperates while I do washing, cleaning and gardening.

12 Days to go grin

KateM77 Sun 05-Aug-12 13:18:39

<also holds out giant mug>

There was definite tag teaming yesterday and last night. DS grumpy from 5-6, DD tantrums 6-9, DS needed settling 10.30, 12.30 and 4. Ended up feeding a few oz 4.30. DD squeaked a few times in between too. Will think twice before having another night off if this is what they then do!

Congrats on all the crawling babies. DS seems just like DD in that he's quite content to just sit and play and watch the world around him. I suspect he'll also be a bum shuffler.

Hope DD is ok seven that must make it so hard. DS is still not keen on eating, but I always know he'll at least have some grimace fraud if nothing else!

Figgygal Sun 05-Aug-12 16:32:12

kate bum shuffling is very effective figgyboy is off like a shot now but is very angry if we suggest tummy time/crawling.

As he's sitting so well we've deflated his sitting ring made me feel all sad sad.

Been looking at smart trikes today as an alternative to the hated pushchair have discovered 1 that is suitable from 6 months. It has a big reclining seat and am v tempted but of course it's a lot more money than the others at £125. oi there is one on eBay in Bolton that looks on good nick if u were thinking of something like that for boi.

Another day of Olympics today at least andy Murray has won grin

OiMissus Sun 05-Aug-12 18:32:49

Cheers figgy, I might check that out.
Thanks for the well wishes. The party was good fun. It was "from 2", and we'd just got all the seating outside and the table tennis table up when it started raining. So we all ran to bring it in, but then it dried up just as quickly and stayed dry until about 9pm I think. We had about 35 people throughout the day, but the house was not trashed. We were outside most of the time. grin it was lovely to see kids playing in the garden. It was also v v lovely to see bennybenbear, her DH and Olly. He's such a handsome little man now, gorgeous!
My cousin and her family have left. She got up before us and cleaned the house!! (I came home from work on Friday to find her doing my ironing!) we've just relaxed today, and I finally got some time on the tennis table!
Having a leftover beer, watching Andy Murray.
I'll maybe start my diet tomorrow... My belly is wobbly.good luck to you ladies.
air only you know what's best, but if he won't go to Relate, then he's probably wasting your time and patience.
Welcome back mopsy, hope you've enjoyed your time off.

aethelfleda Sun 05-Aug-12 19:13:22

figgy, do you cycle at all? I have a bike seat that fits babies officially from 6 months-5 years, it can be great for getting about (having said that i haven't got it going yet as my big two aren't confident enough on their bikes for me to be happy with combining seat balancing and catching DDs: some of our local roads are v busy.)

GeeandTee Sun 05-Aug-12 19:49:28

Hello all. Just marking place on the new thread and hoping for a sleeping baby miracle! No improvement as yet but DD has a sore throat/cough so is extra thirsty at night so I'm not being too strict on the nighttime feeding at the moment.

oi glad your house isn't trashed and the party went well.

lmf and others who are dieting hope it goes well and is not too painfuk. I find just upping fruit/veg intake and decreasing fat and carbs is the easiest way for me to lose weight. Not good with anything being forbidden as then I just obsess about having it!

Forgotten everything else I was going to say. We need a sleep deprivation emoticon.

GeeandTee Sun 05-Aug-12 19:50:34

Ahem. Painful not painfuk! blush

aethelfleda Sun 05-Aug-12 21:06:46

Actually gee, I've not thought of putting that into the calorie counter app, I wonder if different calorie values are given for...
<Oh dear, pass the mind-bleach, please!>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now