Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fab Feb 2009 - come rain, wind or shine, we're here for each other with copious amounts of wine

(479 Posts)

New thread for us to quaff and chat away on... though as the sun is out today suspect I'll be pootling around here on my todd for a bit

<starts arranging the deckchairs in best position to catch the sun>

SilveryMoon Sun 26-May-13 19:13:18

Wow MOS That's great!!!!! So much money, well done you grin

dinkystinky Tue 28-May-13 10:19:04

Well done MOS - fabulous work. Glad you had a good time to boot!

SilveryMoon Wed 29-May-13 08:50:14

FFS. Dp is such a fucking fickwit. What the hell am I doing with such a fucking idiot. I don't even know why I bother asking him to do anything when I know I'm gonna have to do it myself anyway. I mean really.
FML.

MOSagain Wed 29-May-13 09:12:25

oh dear SM what has happened? Hope all ok?
For what its worth, I'm also with a fucking fuckwit!
One positive thing though, he has seen the change in me since I got back from MP and realises I mean it when I say 'I'm done'. I'm sad but relieved that we've finally agreed our marriage is over and had a relatively sensible conversation about finances last night

SilveryMoon Wed 29-May-13 09:55:55

Oh mos sorry to hear that, but I suppose it's a great load off to have made a definite decision.
Glad you guys are going to be able to work it all out sensibly.
It's nothing major here. Girl cat needed to 'get done'. We made an appointment for this morning and dp said he would get her into the box. She is a very nervous cat, you only have to move an inch and she is off. He made a somewhat half attempt, but doesn't think about it. He didn't restrict access to parts of the flat where it would be difficult to get her (I was in the bath) and then when she ran under the cupboards, he gives up saying she's gone. So I have to get out of the bath and chase her wrapped in a towel.
I closed off all the doors apart from my bedroom and the airing cupboard.
I get her, get her in the box by using catnip sray in the box, covering a towel in catnip spray to throw over her etc. Then I close the door on the box but she fights so much that she manages to move the door and get half out from the gap! I get her back in and call for dp to get some string, cable ties or tape so I can better secure the door, he is in no hurry and when he gets to me, just stands there looking at me holding the door. So I secure the door one handed. She is distressed, I am distressed and he's not even dressed.
He just gives me the right ump that he can't just get things done you know?

We're just so different. My friend had the boys overnight last night. I had to convince him to go out. We went to Nando's but were back home 40 mins later. I love to go out. He doesn't.
Winds me right up.

How are you feeling mos?

MOSagain Wed 29-May-13 11:19:54

oh blimmey yes, get that cat done. We kept meaning to get our 'kitten' done but never got round to it. Then when we got back from Portugal at Easter our 2 cats had become 6! Dh went mad, he hates the 'vermin' at the best of times but has been pretty tolerant over recent weeks. Thankfully/sadly 2 are going this evening and hopefully one more in the next few days if we can find a home. He has said the kids can keep one and H has chosen 'captain Barnacles'!

I'm feeling ok. A bit sad of course but a huge sense of relief. We'd been living a lie (without me knowing!) for the past 3 years and I've been in limbo since I found out about his affair last summer. After 10 days away with time to think I know I can never forgive or forget what he did. It was just too much. I think maybe if a one night stand we could have got past that but not a 2 1/2 year affair/EA. Too much to deal with. Whilst I was away although I had major aches and pains, I didn't have the tension/stress headaches or high blood pressure that were a regular thing at home.

Very civilised conversation last night and just hope it can stay like that. Just feel so sad that he threw away something that was so good sad

SilveryMoon Wed 29-May-13 11:47:21

I understand what you're saying mos and agree. I think I'd be able to get over a one-night stand and the act of just sex, but not the emotion that is involved in a long affair.
{{hugs}}

dinkystinky Wed 29-May-13 21:06:28

Sorry dp is annoying you Silvery moon - fwiw I think men's brains work (or often don't) in v different ways as I can look in a room and see 4 different things that need doing and dh can look in and see 4 totally different things to do - or not to do.

Mos - ((hugs)). I'm glad you've come to a decision as to what is right for you and hope you and your h can work everything out amicably.

dinkystinky Wed 05-Jun-13 17:31:32

Hello all - now 36 weeks pregnant and the size of a planet.Hoping to give birth before I go stratospheric grin

dinkystinky Tue 18-Jun-13 19:54:24

Gosh its been quiet on here - bet you've all been out enjoying the sun. I'm on holiday/maternity leave now - and rather enjoying it (all 2 days of it so far)...

Calico1 Tue 18-Jun-13 21:16:11

Hope you are putting your feet up Dinky

MOS sorry to hear your news but sounds like you have come to the right decision. Hope things continue to be amicable.

MOSagain Fri 05-Jul-13 06:47:58

Helllloooo. Where is everyone?
Hadn't realised I'd been absent so long and popped in to see how dinky was doing. Must be due any day?

Finally got off arse and issued divorce papers on 5th June which he ignored for a few weeks but has finally completed and returned the form. Last straw was night before when I had an exam and half an hour before I went he started a huge argument and was literally screaming at me despite me begging him to stop but he wouldn't. Went into exam in tears and no suprise I failed it. Bastard. Am hoping to resit as long as I've passed other 2. Should get results of one today and other in a few weeks.

Hope everyone is doing ok x

SilveryMoon Sun 07-Jul-13 15:35:15

Oh Mos sad def sounds like you are doing the right thing. Not an easy decision I'm sure.
Dinky hope you're ok and coping in this heat, although he should be here any day hey?
All ok here.

dinkystinky Wed 10-Jul-13 22:22:45

Funnily enough, ds3 arrived the night you posted SM! Super quick birth, even quicker than Danny, but ds3, Jackson Rivan, v similar in look build and size to Danny ( 1 oz heavier, bigger head, shorter legs). All v smitten with him, especially Danny.

MoS - hugs. Sorry he was an arse before your exam - sounds like pressing ahead with the divorce is a wise move and hope your other results let you retake the exam v swiftly.

SilveryMoon Thu 11-Jul-13 22:28:14

Congrats dinky He is adorable (seen pic on fb) Well done! x

dinkystinky Fri 12-Jul-13 14:31:13

Thanks Silvery moon - am v loved up with my latest addition to the clan

Calico1 Tue 23-Jul-13 12:24:34

Belated congrats Dinky! Well done, he looks gorgeous, like his brothers. How is life with three?

Calico1 Tue 23-Jul-13 12:25:02

Oh, and I love the name x

swampster Wed 31-Jul-13 22:54:14

Missing you guys so went looking... and it's all
@ @ @ @ @ tumbleweed @ @ @ @ @

Summer holidays are FINALLY here and on the very first day I was longing for September. Been on a weekend camping trip to the Jurassic Coast with a friend and her son and my three boys - FAB (if a wee bit damp).

I can't believe my Fab Febber starts school in September but I've booked myself onto a jewellery course or a day a week in anticipation of it.

Anyone up for The Return To Coram's Fields in mid-August?

@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @

swampster Wed 31-Jul-13 22:55:24

And welcome to the beautiful, if noisome world of three, dinky.

SilveryMoon Wed 07-Aug-13 18:45:33

Hi Swampy
I know, can't believe they start school already! Luke is really looking forward to it and is excited about going to school all day like jacob and not having to go to the day nursery in the mornings!
I'd LOVE a meet-up, not quite sure what is happening this month now. I was supposed to be visiting my bro and his family week after next, but not sure if that'll go ahead sad
Holidays going ok here. Jacob had a birthday (6th) which was great, been catching up with friends and been pretty busy so far. Also feels good to be being paid over this holiday wink
Hope everyone else is ok and surviving the holidays. x

dinkystinky Fri 09-Aug-13 22:28:01

Hi Swampy and Silvery moon - thought I'd check in to see if anyone had posted of late. Glad you had a good if wet camping trip Swampy - saw your posts on fb about tents so figured you were off adventuring. I had suggested camping for our summer holiday to dh earlier this year - fortunately he realised it was the mad pregnancy hormones speaking so we are off to a holiday home in the Cotswolds instead for last week in August. Would be up for a corams fields meet up if we can co-ordinate one. Maybe worth a shout out on fb too?

Happy belated birthday to Jacob Silvery moon - hope he had a great one x

Life with 3 boys is v noisy and pretty sleep deprived as Jackson is not a fan of sleep at all - its a good thing he's v cute to make up for it.

Danny is super excited too about starting school in September - we had surprise last minute school place offers for him and ds1 at an independent school 20 mins drive away in June which after much angsting we took up (think it will be the better school for Danny and with smaller class sizes will hopefully be better for ds1 too) so will be all change from the local school literally round the corner come September. Am still in denial about it all.

swampster Mon 12-Aug-13 10:15:22

Belated Happy Birthday to your Jacob, SM. I am always struck by how close in age yours are. I think I am only surviving having three because there's two-and-a-fair-bit years between DS1 and DS2 and between DS2 and DS3. That's your sort of gap too, isn't it Dinky?

It was far easier going from two to three boys than from one to two as DS1 and 2 regarded DS3 as a new pet rather than a potential rival.

I did get The Tent, Dinky, and we have had a few lovely nights in it, but a bit cheaty as we were in a friend's garden in Wales with home comforts not very far away.

Home now to tonnes of laundry.

Coram's Field's would be fun but right now the though of any sort of travel is really daunting.

dinkystinky Fri 16-Aug-13 19:31:35

2 years 10months between ds1 and ds2 and 4 yes 5 months between Danny and Jackson here. Danny is super sweet with Jackson - he helps me bathe him and has appointed himself j's style advisor. Hok Wan has nothing on Danny!

SilveryMoon Sat 17-Aug-13 08:52:59

Hi ladies smile
Yes, 18 months to the day with these 2. My friend has 13 months between her 2!
Luke asks me often for another baby, he is so good with children smaller than him, really caring and gentle. Plus he definitely has middle child syndrome, but no more for us.
Same here re corums field. Would be great and I'd come, but like you say, the thought of that journey. We really should do it soon though.
dinky Danny sounds just as cute and funny as ever! grin

We are off to Scotland Monday, back Thursday. Looking forward to seeing my bro and his ds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now