Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Fab Feb 2009 - come rain, wind or shine, we're here for each other with copious amounts of wine

(479 Posts)

New thread for us to quaff and chat away on... though as the sun is out today suspect I'll be pootling around here on my todd for a bit

<starts arranging the deckchairs in best position to catch the sun>

SilveryMoon Sat 16-Feb-13 09:11:00

Sorry you're feeling ill dinky Feel better soon.
Happy birthday to all the Febbers I've missed.

blueskymum Wed 20-Feb-13 13:11:01

Sorry you're feeling ill Dinky. Had DS's birthday on Saturday. My mum phoned at the exact time he was born which took me back! Can't believe they're four! I got him a marble run in the end and this has gone down so well that I've hardly heard a peep out of either of mine (daughter on half term)....a miracle. Hope all the Fab Febbers are having good celebrations.

dinkystinky Thu 21-Feb-13 10:23:42

Thanks Silverymoon and Blueskymum - all better now thank goodness. Glad your DS had a lovely birthday Blueskymum. Marble run is a genius idea for a present - will pop it on my list for birth present from baby to DS2.

We seem to be coming towards the end of the birthdays - happy birthday to STW's Sam for tomorrow though.

SilveryMoon Fri 22-Feb-13 17:04:34

Just incase anyone missed it, I passed my driving test today! Whoo-hoo!

Hope everyone's ok x

dinkystinky Fri 22-Feb-13 17:24:56

Hurray - congrats Silvery moon. You must be so pleased! Great way to round off half term.

SilveryMoon Fri 22-Feb-13 17:26:19

Thanks Dinky. I am sooooo pleased!

oooggs Sun 24-Feb-13 20:24:28

Congratulations SM - must be so much easier getting around

SilveryMoon Sun 24-Feb-13 20:41:52

It will be. Had a close call with a cash point machine at the petrol station earlier.
It will save me 40 mins in the mornings

dinkystinky Sun 24-Feb-13 21:21:11

Dont worry SM - driving gets easier the more you do it - and 40 more minutes to deal with stuff in the morning is well worth it.

MOSagain Fri 01-Mar-13 13:25:44

hello all, SM CONGRATULATIONS, FABULOUS NEWS!

All same same here, starting to regret I didn't petition in December when I had a chance but hey ho. Am supposed to be concentrating on training for Inca Trail which is only around 10 weeks away but no enthusiasm for anything.

Hope everone ok, dinky how are you feeling now?

dinkystinky Fri 01-Mar-13 14:12:54

MoS, you sound really down. Sending you big hugs. The Inca Trail will be an amazing experience for you - why not throw yourself into training with a vengeance (I always find exercising for a goal tends to distract me from other shit going on in my life)? Do you have a just giving fundraising page - if so please pm a link and will sponsor you.

Am all better now thanks - just feeling rather large (and being told by everyone that I'm really large too). Bean is squirming away in there - much less active than Danny which can only be a good thing. Really looking forward to the weather warming up at some point - and to our sole holiday abroad this year in April (we're off to Lanzarote to a lovely little self catering complex we found a couple of years ago which is really close to the beach and next to a restaurant).

SilveryMoon Sun 03-Mar-13 08:46:35

MOS Dinky's right, you do sound a bit down. Are you ok? Hope you're feeling better
Dinky Glad to hear you're feeling better and that you have a calm bean in there! smile

Nothing much going on here. I'm stressed and dp is annoying me, so usual stuff.

MOSagain Sun 03-Mar-13 09:16:53

SM was thinking about you last night, did you get out of car park ok? grin
I know how you felt, after 5 years of not driving I'm scared to go in those car parks and tend to only go into town when I have H with me so can go in (bigger) parent and child spaces blush

You are right, I am low. To quote SM, I'm stressed and DH annoying me and he is stressed and I'm annoying him. Bottom line, I have no respect for him and I know will NEVER trust him again. No basis for long term relationship. Its just a matter of time, just damage limitation (for kids) ther is never a good time sad
Got a bit of compensaion coming our way in next few weeks (following claim against airline for our 23 hour delay last year) so that might help a bit as money is a big issue for him. He is constantly moaning that we don't have money left over at the end of the month but can't see how lucky we are having a nice house that will be mortgage free in less than 5 years. He is constantly looking at negatives which is really dragging me down.

On the plus side, its noticebly lighter in the mornings and evenings which I think is lifting my mood plus, I have my first interview in over 10 years! Its for a job as a student support assistant using my signing language skills. Its only 9 hours pw (2 mornings/afternoons) but its just what I need. Interview on 13th and I desperately want it. Down side is its a 56 mile drive each way (its in Hampshire) so I won't actually make any money once I've paid for petrol but I need it, I need to be working again, doing something constructive which I think will help with my confidence which DH has destroyed.

Right, off to take kids swimming, trying to do lots of fun positive things with them to get away from DH's moaning, it is affecting them too sad

SilveryMoon Sun 03-Mar-13 09:39:11

Yes, I got out fine. Was very nervous though. I called a friend to calm myself and talk it through. She said it's harder to get up, so if I did that I should be fine, and it was harder to get up.
Oh, MOS sorry to hear it's like that at home. sad I don't know what to say. {{{hugs}}}

dinkystinky Sun 03-Mar-13 21:10:10

mos - sending you hugs and good luck vibes for your interview. I think its a great idea for you to put your sign skills to work and build up your CV in the UK - and hopefully also build up your self esteem and open some new doors for you in the longer term. Do NOT let the FW get you down!

dinkystinky Sat 09-Mar-13 20:33:57

Swampy - made your butterscotch banana cake for my mums birthday today and was a huge hit. Thanks v much for the recipe!

swampster Sun 10-Mar-13 21:25:02

Oh yum!

Congratulations on passing your test, SM. I'm afraid that's one thing I am unlikely ever to do.

(((MOS)))

I keep losing this thread.

SilveryMoon Wed 13-Mar-13 00:56:24

Thanks swampy life is a bit easier wish I'd done it years ago!
Hope everyone's ok.
watched Luke this evening pretend to be a teacher. He sat some of his teddies round, got a chair And read them all a story. Was very sweet. Can't believe he is getting so grown up.

dinkystinky Fri 15-Mar-13 09:17:50

Ah bless Luke - that's so cute!

SM - popped on as wanted to reassure you about J and catching up. You know how I said DS1 was woefully behind at the end of reception (not really reading, maths abit of a mystery, concentration issues highlighted in year 1 etc) - I saw his year 2 teacher yesterday on the way to work and she told me DS1 is doing fantastically well at the moment, improving in leaps and bounds. So please dont worry too much about where J is right now as its no indication of where he'll be in a year or two's time - and with the right supportive teacher that they respond to, kids can come on so much.

SilveryMoon Fri 15-Mar-13 09:46:36

Thanks dinky. That is reassuring. I don't think much of his teacher this year she is very negative.
Glad to hear your j is doing so well.

Hey all, sorry I've been gone again... Not much going on in my life that I want to talk about so I've been sticking to lighthearted threads where I don't have to think too much.

Congrats sm! I still haven't passed mine.... Too many bad habits. Haven't even done a test in over a year as they're so expensive here!

Mos... Good luck with the interview. I'm sorry things aren't good at home.

SilveryMoon Sat 23-Mar-13 03:33:48

Good to see you sr sorry to hear that things are sounding rough at the moment. Hope you're all Ok.

dinkystinky Tue 26-Mar-13 18:46:09

Hugs SR - hope things improve for you soon and also that the sun comes out soon for all of us. This lôoooooooong grey winter is enough to depress even Mr happy!

We are off to new forest/Southampton for a couple of days over Easter. Really hoping it warms up by then! Mind you, dc3 appears to be my very own in built hot water bottle so at least I am better off in that respect...

SilveryMoon Tue 26-Mar-13 21:59:11

Have a wonderful break away dinky even I'm hoping it warms up soon and I hate summer!

Dinky... I was like that with dd, I spent that whole winter in t-shirts with all the windows open. Poor dp barely survived and still complains grin enjoy your break, I'll keep my fingers crossed for some spring weather for you.

Thanks for the kind words both of you, I'm just feeling a bit bogged down with money worries atm, like dinky says the weather doesn't help my mood much. Some sunshine and a winning lotto ticket and I'll be 100% wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now