Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fab Feb 2011: Walking, talking and still not sleeping.

(998 Posts)
blizy Thu 07-Jun-12 07:38:13

I hope you don't mind me starting a new thread? Lets hope it's a lucky one for me.

<passes round some [tea].

WeAreBorg Sat 09-Jun-12 21:33:50

blizy I'll send you a private photo wink. Oooh I sound really creepy there don't I? wiggles has some great ideas (as usual) for your scrapbook.

robin 8 trips! How annoying. On a different note was just thinking that I imagine you to look like Robin from HIMYM.

NERD ALERT wiggles I thought it was okay, Alien/Aliens are 2 of my fave films ever, and I was expecting it to be as good as them. It was quite enjoyable but you never got to know the characters, the music was really out of kilter with what was happening which kept annoying me. I loved Noomi Rapace as Salander, but not so much in this. See it for the totty though smile.

My poor mum and dad are trying to wear N out. It's not working, he's decided to commando crawl everywhere this evening for some reason confused

blizy Sat 09-Jun-12 21:35:28

robin yip thats what I was thinking, Ohhh I am getting quite excited about it now. I love doing things for Zoe. I was painting stones earlier to place in the SANDS garden on Saturday (we are going to the sands memorial service in in the national arboretum again).

ILovePonyo Sat 09-Jun-12 21:40:32

Hi all, I just lost my own post hmm I am actually watching Poirot and then saw Borgs post haha, I'm tired and its boring me off to sleep so thats ok grin

wiggles glad you had a nice birthday smile You have to milk it for all its worth!

Robin yes messy play is at a surestart, its really good when its on except for the last 15mins where we do 'singing' which is led by the most tone deaf, loud woman I have ever heard. There are a lot of non-english speaking mums at the group so they're all chatting away in polish/urdu etc whilst this woman is 'singing' whilst the english speakers have to join in and me and my friend try not to look at each other and laugh grin Toast duty sounds like a pain in the bum to me, how long do you have to keep that up for?!

blizy wiggles has a good idea there for the book, could you carry it on as a sort of diary, doing little letters and thoughts for Z when you think of them? Or just a Dear Z, this is what we've been doing today, thought of you iyswim?

american and Borg A was awake at 5.45 today angry envy of you both. Although she had a sleep at 4 for an hour and I put her in my bed and snuggled up next to her which was nice.

deb I have never had/been to a baby shower, glad your sis enjoyed it though, and the girls by the sound of it!

Where is ledkr? Has she lost us?!

Yawn I'm off to bed soon. Feel a bit blush saying this but think I might be a bit depressed, I'm tired all the time and just want to sleep. Have contacted cruse bereavement counselling so might go and talk to them about my dad, we'll see. Anyway night all xx

RobinSparkles Sat 09-Jun-12 21:46:53

Borg that's why I chose this nick name - I look exactly like her! in my dreams wink
I'm really annoyed though - some biatch one has totally copied me angry. There's a poster called RobinScherbatsky! How dare she! She must be new as she's only got 9 posts (I searched because I'm a weirdo and I wanted to check that I was the original one before I got all huffy about it).

blizy I've just had a nosy at her pics on DH's FB (she has pictures of them up) and she's basically done a picture or two on each page with pretty lettering, pictures of butterflies and poems. She's put borders around the edges of each page - pictures of pretty buttons. It looks really pretty and effective. It looks like she's done a few for different occasions. They're really nice!

RobinSparkles Sat 09-Jun-12 21:49:51

X posted Ponyo. Don't be blush you've been through a lot! Well done for contacting Cruse Bereavment, it definitely wouldn't hurt to talk to them.

RobinSparkles Sat 09-Jun-12 21:56:58

I used to take DD1 to rap and rhyme and the woman who led the group could NOT sing AT ALL grin. She was fantastic at her job and great at getting the children to listen, really really good with kids, just a terrible voice!

I can't take L as it's on at a time that we can't go sad.

It makes me feel sad that we don't really do half the things that I used to do with DD1. All the groups seem to have been shifted about so that we can't make it. A shame as I used to do something every day with Isabel.

I hope you don't all think that I'm weird for referring to Isabel as DD1 even though you all know her name! It's just that I CBA tying out Isabel every time and if I put I it looks like I'm saying me! grin

ILovePonyo Sat 09-Jun-12 22:01:58

Thanks robin smile
I am grin at rap and rhyme - are you a rapping mummy?! I'm imaging Rachel from friends hmm I dont know where your mn name is from, is it something geeky?!

A's middle name is isabel smile (it's my sis's middle name too)

RobinSparkles Sat 09-Jun-12 22:09:27

Yup,
<<wiggles arse>>
I like big butts and I cannot lie,
You other brothers can't deny...

My name is from How I Met Your Mother - one of the characters was a teenage Popstar in the 90s and her stage name was Robin Sparkles (real name Robin Scherbatsky).

Everyone laughs at Rap and Rhyme when I've talked about it! It's just a Sure Start group where they do singing and playing with instruments grin

Anya Isabel is gorgeous! She really suits it too smile

ILovePonyo Sat 09-Jun-12 22:13:23

Ha! Good rapping there Rob-S grin

I've never watched how I met you're mother. Might give it a try if I see it now!

Aww and thanks about little miss Anya Isabel (who is currently moaning in her sleep...)

RobinSparkles Sat 09-Jun-12 22:17:49

It's good! A bit like Friends, if you liked Friends. I think they're up to the 7th series now but there are repeats all the time on E4!

Hope A sleeps well tonight! L still wakes sometimes, drives me mad!

ILovePonyo Sat 09-Jun-12 22:21:48

I guessed it'd be on e4! A always has a little moan at 10ish for some reason, weird. She's asleep now though, let's hope for an all night long sleep for us both smile

wigglesrock Sat 09-Jun-12 22:22:18

RobinSparkles Christ for a minute there I thought you were talking about my arse grin

ponyo hope you get counselling sorted out, when I was depressed all I wanted to do was sleep. I used it as an easy withdrawal from dealing with people. Of course you could just be absolutely knackered grin dealing with everything and your body and brain could just need a rest!

I love the name Isabel.

Think ledkr is campervanning?

WeAreBorg Mr W has just said that the music was a bit "boombastic"! He thought they were setting everything up for sequels.

RobinSparkles Sat 09-Jun-12 22:28:22

grin wiggles was that wishful thinking? wink

RobinSparkles Sat 09-Jun-12 22:29:48

Btw, I just snorted milk out of my nose at me talking about your arse!

blizy Sat 09-Jun-12 22:30:31

ponyo You have been coping so well, well done on contacting cruse. I hope it helps you. x

himym is fab! Dh and I both love it.

robin I'm grin at rap and ryhme! I will be putting butterflies on the book too, they are our thing for Zoe. We decorated her room with a butterfly theme and when she died we recived loads butterfly cards.

wigglesrock Sat 09-Jun-12 22:39:20
blizy Sat 09-Jun-12 22:58:12

thanks wiggles That is gorgeous, but I think i'm looking for a pink one.

ledkr Sat 09-Jun-12 23:25:29

Hi all yes been campervanning will update on wind and rain tomorrow but am in bed which feels like heaven after 3 nights camping.

reastie would be sooo nice to meet up,ill buy some mr kiplings grin Not read all thread but will tomorrow zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hubbard86 Sun 10-Jun-12 09:52:48

Hi, I know its been a while but i thought I'd show my face. Hope you are all doing fantastic and all the toddlers are being slightly well behaved.

Freya still isn't walking. She took 5 steps while we were in holiday last week but has done nothing since then. She is definitely a cheeky lil madam though.

blizy Sun 10-Jun-12 10:29:22

Hi Hubbard- you have one lazy girl!wink
How are you and the kids today?

hubbard86 Sun 10-Jun-12 10:42:31

She must be the last one on the thread to start walking. She is definitely very lazy.

The kids are fine I'm not really. I'm so angry still.

blizy Sun 10-Jun-12 10:47:46

I didn't walk until I was 18 months!
I am angry on your behalf. Just you keep going, you are doing a fantastic job. The kids will always remember that. X

I had a lovely afternoon out on my own yesterday, cinema, shopping, coffee, the trifecta of baby-free relaxation. grin I came home to an absolute disaster though. L ate lunch then was sick all over DH, which caused DH to vomit. He didn't make it to the kitchen bin in time and got it all over the carpet and radiator. The kitchen smells absolutely minging now, I've had the carpet cleaner out and DH cleaned behind the radiator as best he could but the smell won't shift completely. Who the feck puts carpet in a kitchen anyway?! I feel sick every time I go in there.

blizy - I think a scrapbook for Zoe sounds lovely.

Hello to everyone else, just a quick break while we're crash cleaning the house.

hubbard86 Sun 10-Jun-12 11:08:40

It doesn't feel like I'm doing a fantastic job, I just keep thinking this is it. All they have is me now and i have to be everything to them. It's not fair on them.

RobinSparkles Sun 10-Jun-12 11:10:43

Hubbard, L has only just started walking. She took a few steps at about 14 and a half months and then didn't do any for ages. Took a couple of steps occasionally but crawled all the time. It's only the last few days that she has been mainly walking but she still crawls often!

It's quite nice as it seems like they're still babies rather than toddlers, iykwim. They look so much taller when they walk! What are you angry about? Sorry if I've missed it - I haven't posted in a while until a couple of days ago. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now