Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just Mumming Along (viroids 2)

(912 Posts)
Eskarina Mon 14-May-12 20:10:19

Tried to post on the original thread and my post got rejected as its full! Have copied and pasted below....

Congrats on the job offer ttl...hope the other one comes up trumps for you too.

Dd isn't quite crawling yet, but would very much like to. She is the queen of the Klingons at the moment, and has a meltdown the second I put her down, look in the opposite direction, or if someone else so much as looks at her. Not all the time thankfully, but definitely for part of every day.

On the bf thing, it's so personal.....I've just dropped doing the afternoon feed myself be cause dd is so distractible that she bobs on and off, which I don't like around other people, and now she finally has teeth the constant latch on/off was really hurting. I just bf once a day, our morning snuggle when she's nice and calm. I would be sad to give that one up just yet.

Pineapple80 Sun 25-Aug-13 10:05:45

Gosh Wing, weaning time soon! Can't believe how fast time goes. I know i keep saying that, but it has really gone faster since DS was born! grin

Things are going fine on our end. DS is 10 wks old & he is doing well. He is sleeping up to 4.5 hrs at a time some nights but it does vary. We've met a couple times with the mothers group which has been nice. This week we have a baby massage class, in looking forward to that!

Looks like there will be a few new babies soon from the JS thread! How exciting smile

WingDefence Mon 26-Aug-13 09:37:00

PT (Parent Time) does go much faster I agree!

One thing I regret from when DS was born was I wish I kept a diary and wrote down all the little things that made us smile or laugh. You think you'll always remember (eg) the silly little sayings or quirks they have but it all gets forgotten very quickly. sad

So all you first timers, start a diary now even if your baby is several weeks old!

tired are you still about? I wanted to ask you when babies start reaching up to be lifted up/held/cuddled?

tiredteddy Mon 26-Aug-13 22:41:15

Hi WING! Yes still about just had a hugely busy summer hols and been away a few places without wifi/3G blush well fern lifts up her arms to be picked up! She is just over 7 months now. She has really developed over the past few weeks, she waves too and clearly says mamma as a name for me. She is having three meals a day, and three bottles now with a regular morning and afternoon nap. Will have a read and catch up with everyone's news properly! smile

HungryHorace Tue 27-Aug-13 04:00:49

We got given a calendar with stickers to mark when DD does things. We haven't filled it in yet though. :-/ Must get round to it.

She's 'talking' loads now; it's so cute! And staying awake more during the day, so needs entertaining. She also weighs over 13lbs too...chunky monkey!

I love watching her develop and it's almost daily. :-)

Can't wait for her to ask for cuddles!

StuckOnARollercoaster Mon 02-Sep-13 07:05:37

Hello! It's been a while but thought it was time to check back in. (if you are on FB you will see that I've been given a lie in today!!!)
Daisy was 11 weeks yesterday and is now so much fun - lots is smiles and giggles and just started to hold things when they are put in her hand.
Horace -that sticker calendar sounds good but I think I may have missed the boat a bit on doing something like that - those first few weeks felt like a fog.
Pineapple - we just swapped from the swaddle and it seemed to work fine. Some sleeping issues, the occasional step backwards but so hard to know what causes it, the free arms and legs, unsettled because of vaccinations or just general baby development, but it felt like the right time to stop.
Hope all JS mums and their babies and families are doing well... D has started to stir so time to feed and clear up the inevitable nappy mess that will have been produced ;-)

WingDefence Mon 02-Sep-13 21:21:53

I've had 'fill in DD baby journal' on my to do list since she was born blush DS starts school tomorrow and I have all these grand plans of things I need to good before I go back to work after half term (start of November). Bloody hell, that's only two months! SOB

I am an emotional mess tonight. Not upset but it ally it hitting home that they are growing up. Such a cliche I know but it's just so true. I can't even picture DD as a newborn now sad

WingDefence Mon 02-Sep-13 21:23:57

Scuse stupid typos.

HungryHorace Wed 04-Sep-13 19:27:54

I haven't filled the calendar in yet. :-/ One day! Though we won't remember when she first did stuff now. Ho hum!

Wing, your DS looked adorable in his uniform. Such a milestone, isn't it?

We don't get lie ins with DD. Can't wait til we do!

tiredteddy Tue 10-Sep-13 17:59:15

Hi ladies its all gone a bit quiet on here again. Hope everyone and their babies are well. Fern is 8 months old this Friday. She is babbling so much and clearly says mama. So sweet. She is enjoying weaning but drinking a lot less milk. She has 7oz mid morning and before bed and now doesn't seem to want the mid afternoon feed anymore, I think this is partly due to adjusting to the school run again after the holidays. It's changing her daytime sleeps as she is in the buggy early so sleeping early and the earlier after lunch too. I am not too worried as she is clearly thriving.

WingDefence Tue 10-Sep-13 18:13:21

I keep meaning to post and getting distracted! Will do properly later! X

HungryHorace Wed 11-Sep-13 08:08:30

I can't believe Fern is 8 months old. That seems crazy! She sounds (and looks) adorable. :-)

We are still attempting to get DD to sleep through the night, but she's not eating enough during the 24 hour period at the moment so she can't really afford to drop the night feeds anyway. The teething really seems to be putting her off eating. I'm not sure if it's because the bottle teats rub on her sore gums? She will fuss and chew the teat instead of eating.

I can't believe she's almost 3 months old. Not sure where time went!

siluria Wed 11-Sep-13 14:32:29

Hi everyone, ttl here after a long, long (inexcusable) absence!

I have tried catching up on the thread but I've lost track of who is who - looks like lots of old JSers have been successful (yay!) and appeared here, and lots of other people have name changed? And lots of babies have arrived! Congratulations to everybody!

I had DD2 on 19th August smile She's called Alice Eleanor (sister to Isobel Edith). I LOVE newborns. She's sleeping next to me right now, in a rare yes-you-can-put-me-down moment. I didn't enjoy my pregnancy all that much second time around, but having Alice in my arms I definitely want a third. Am trying to ignore the facts that we can't afford it, sold our house and are now in rented with zero savings (and can barely afford our 2-bed rental because it's in such an expensive part of the country), and I have a huge amount of work to do having been winging it for the last few years so another mat leave any time soon is not a good idea ...

How IS everybody? Can somebody fill me in? xxx

Pineapple80 Thu 12-Sep-13 08:22:24

Hi all, been a bit lazy on my end! grin
Been more active on FB page though.

Wow Tired, Fern is growing up so fast!

Hungry - cant believe DD is teething already! I didn't know it could start so early. My DS is going crazy sucking at his fingers and hands lately, it is pretty cute and funny.

DS is 13 wks tomorrow! He is doing really well & now lifting his head doing tummy time which I'm so proud of, he he smile.

Looks like we will be getting a few new mums and bubs coming over, very exciting!

WingDefence Fri 13-Sep-13 14:00:16

Well I have a migraine today so feel absolutely rotten only being able to take bog standard paracetamol sad

DD is 24 weeks today and weighed 15lbs 14 yesterday. No wonder I ache after carrying around the car seat in the crook of my arm hmm

She is so completely different to DS was. Still not sleeping through the night but I forgive her because she's just so gorgeous smile Need to do the weaning thing next and via the magic of FB something is lending me her copy of BLW.

No teeth here and DD started sitting up yesterday unassisted. Last a couple of minutes before she topples over. Her favourite thing is blowing raspberries!

Ow my head...

Pineapple80 Sat 14-Sep-13 01:52:23

Hope you get some rest and feel better tomorrow Wing! Keep us posted on the weaning too if you can! The book sounds interesting & cannot believe I will need to think about it in 2-3 months time.

StuckOnARollercoaster Sun 15-Sep-13 20:13:28

Hi all! Our sure start centre does a weaning class and although we are 3 months away they suggested I go in case there isn't the funding for it next term so weaning is also in mind already.
Well Daisy is 3 months tomorrow and I am completely in love with her and DP. We were all sat in the back of an American campervan that DP is fixing, just listening to Johnny Cash and I was thinking how happy I feel that we are a little family that I started crying!
(could also be the lack of sleep as last night she was struggling breathing due to a cold, so today has mainly been a duvet day!)
Hello to everyone - love seeing both the newborns and the older JS babies. Might have to take a 3month birthday pic tomorrow as well.
Hope you all have a lovely week coming up - I think my highlight might be getting out for a trip to Ikea!

WingDefence Sun 15-Sep-13 21:17:38

I'm delaying the weaning purely for selfish reasons because I am totally not ready!! grin hmm

Stuck awww that is a lovely memory you've made there. I hope you treasure it smile

Hooya Sun 15-Sep-13 23:43:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WingDefence Mon 16-Sep-13 07:59:53

Give me a Hooooooya!!! grin So glad you've made it onto here! You'll have to tell us how they 'do birth' over in Japan! My DCousin had her first in Tokyo 13 years ago and they swaddled her DD so tightly. Very cute smile

Pineapple80 Mon 16-Sep-13 08:12:31

So good to see you here Hooya! Huxley is gorgeous and it's wonderful to hear it you're in mummy heaven smile.

Stuck - happy 3 months to Daisy!! My DS is 13 wks now, and I just want time to slow down a little!

Dreary wet day here in Oz, it was getting warmer and nicer but the heavens have opened up today so we have been indoors all day. DS has also hardly napped and I'm SO tired. It's late afternoon now so I'm preparing dinner and will put the little one to bed early tonight. Seems rather fussy today and think it coincides with Wonder week 12...oh joy!grin

Hope everyone is well smile

tiredteddy Tue 17-Sep-13 17:15:14

Hi all and big welcomes to newcomers. Squeeze those tiny babies and enjoy every second as truly it is going SO fast for me!

I've had a rough 4/5 nights with dd. she been waking so upset. Nothing seems to sooth her. I've tried cuddles, music thing on, water, milk, patting her, her holding my hand. Etc. she's just cries its awful. I'm assuming its her teeth as the amount of dribble in the day is something else. She is also having a very explosive nappies much more often than is usual for her. hmm

MrsAVB Wed 18-Sep-13 14:15:25

Will catch up properly later but a quick question. Can the day you state you're starting mat leave be a bank holiday?

MrsAVB Wed 18-Sep-13 14:16:20

Aaaah whoops sorry wrong thread! Serves me right for spying on you from the JSing thread! See you in a few months blush

WingDefence Wed 18-Sep-13 22:01:34

Haha MrsAVB!

I would say to start your ML the day after the bank holiday tbh. Then you'll be paid a full day more (ie the bank holiday itself).

tired, I always remember DS's nappies being awful and a raw bum when he was teething. Hope she gets better soon sad

In our news I finally started weaning DD today! Baby rice at lunchtime, and because I've been so disorganised (hence putting it off this long) she was just in a bumbo on the kitchen floor! I started off with very runny baby rice but that was a bit nothing really so kept adding more until it went extremely thick and she was having a hard time eating it, bless her! I stopped after that grin

Then this evening she had some mashed potato. As lumpy as I normally make it (!) with a knob of unsalted butter and a splash of whole milk. She sat up happily in the highchair for it and I stupidly put it in a little bowl but the first thing she did was to grab it and try to stuff it in her mouth! I took the bowl away grin She really enjoyed it and was just slurping and sucking it off her fingers when there wasn't much left!

Hope the rest of you are all okay? I have a return to work date of 28th Oct but not in the office till 4th Nov. Sob!

Hooya Thu 19-Sep-13 01:29:37

Hello all!

Pineapple whats wonder week? Sounds ominous!

Wing weaning already! Shocking how time flies...

Tired that sounds, well, tiring!

Here we're still so good but can't stop worrying about how it will get harder soon... but who knows maybe not! DS is in his hammock at night and absolutely loves it, seems to settle so well and will sleep 4 or even more hours there without fuss! It does use up more space than a moses basket but so far seems to be a miracle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now