Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just Mumming Along (viroids 2)

(928 Posts)
Eskarina Mon 14-May-12 20:10:19

Tried to post on the original thread and my post got rejected as its full! Have copied and pasted below....

Congrats on the job offer ttl...hope the other one comes up trumps for you too.

Dd isn't quite crawling yet, but would very much like to. She is the queen of the Klingons at the moment, and has a meltdown the second I put her down, look in the opposite direction, or if someone else so much as looks at her. Not all the time thankfully, but definitely for part of every day.

On the bf thing, it's so personal.....I've just dropped doing the afternoon feed myself be cause dd is so distractible that she bobs on and off, which I don't like around other people, and now she finally has teeth the constant latch on/off was really hurting. I just bf once a day, our morning snuggle when she's nice and calm. I would be sad to give that one up just yet.

Dynababy Tue 26-Feb-13 19:07:27

Ooooh Val fingers crossed for sticky little bean!!! Hope you both feel better soon too! I was thinking in getting the BJCM double for when # 2 puts in an appearance, we have iCandy peach at the mo which we love but DS is growing out of the seat already at 18mths!! Not made to last until 3 which is what the marketing info says... Though will DS still need buggy at 20 mths? What do others do when a similar gap? Never used a sling feijoa but that could be a goer for # 2 as even round the house frees you up to do other things.. What would you recommend sling wise?

vallinnapod Tue 26-Feb-13 19:38:20

Thanks Dyna! Horribly pessimistic...didn't help that I took a PG test today (umm 6 days early....) and it was negative (obviously, either way it would be blush)

Doesn't stop me thinking about pushchairs wink. If, if, we are lucky, DS will be 2.2 when the new one arrives. I was just going to get a buggy board for the Vista, or if taking both out for the day have #2 in a sling. I had a moby wrap and and Ergo this time both of which I lurved (Oh and a BabyBjorn which I used twice)

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Wed 27-Feb-13 09:27:56

Steer well clear if baby borjn! I didn't get the chance to wrap when DD was tiny, but I wanted a moby. There maybe a sling group in your area. There is definitely one in Edinburgh. It's a good place to try out different wraps and get expert advice.
Because our age gap is a bit bigger (3.3 yrs) we just had a buggy board (until DD was to heavy for it. Then he HAD to walk everywhere grin).

Dynababy Mon 04-Mar-13 19:46:22

Oh Val waaaay too soon to test but understand the irrational desire to POAS!! grin Let us know how you go.. Everything crossed for you this week! On slings.. I was thinking about a moby wrap for lo as probably comfy for both of us when he's small ( yes another boy forgot to mention smile ). Will give it a whirl. Feij what do you use and what are you going to upgrade to? I did get a loan of a baby Bjorne for DS #1 and tried it once when he was about 3 mths and he cried and cried some more so i abandoned and came home!! Went back to my friend unscathed from any use! How is everyone? Where have the rest of the viroid mummies all disappeared to ... I wonder. Hope everyone is doing well?

BrassicaBabe Tue 05-Mar-13 15:39:10

Helloooooo! Don't suppose anyone remembers me? It's a fecking age since I've made it to MN. I recognise a few names here though. I guess there has been a few name changes in the time I've been MIA. Off to read a few of the 23 pages to catch up.... smile

Dynababy Tue 05-Mar-13 18:52:01

Hey Brassica! If you read back you'll see I was asking if anyone ever heard from you since soon after twins were born!! We were talking of missing viroids! How are you and the babes now? Quite a few of us have #2 on the way now.. Exciting! All gone quite quiet here tho! Not sure where CC aka baby2b or TTL have got to?? Val not long until valid POAS time now!!

tiredteddy Tue 05-Mar-13 19:26:10

Hi all.
Val, I don't know you on here yet but I have my fingers crossed for you too.

Talking of slings is good as DH is getting me a new one for mothers day. I have a ouch sling which a love when the babies are tiny but it doesn't really last much past 3/4 months. I was thinking of an ergo any one had one? Or suggestions? My little dd is 7 weeks now and fitting in to family life very well. How many dc does everyone else have?

BrassicaBabe Tue 05-Mar-13 21:32:02

I've tried to catch up. The MN app is doing funny things with the page date order that I can't quite fathom though.

Wow! Congrats for the second round of BFPs folks!

There will be no second BFP for me. DTs are quite enough thank you. grin They are great fun but fecking hard work. 20 months now.

I share the frustrations around temper tantrums! I think next time I'm frustrated I might just throw something and cry.....

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Wed 06-Mar-13 20:10:35

Runs and jumps on Brassica for a massive bear hug. You're back!!!! Last time we saw you I was going by ConfessionsOfAnAchingFanjo. Well my fanjo stopped aching (after much physio) so I name changed to something a little less painful grin. DD was 20 months last Thursday and has a massive mop of blonde hair.

TTL is in my June 2011 postnatal group (though we both ended up with July babies) and last time I saw her a few days back she was busy locking herself out of her house. She is also pg with number 2.

Good to hear your wee DD is fitting in TiredTeddy. To answer your questions I have 2 DC a boy who has just turned 5 shock and DD. Also I had a spell with an ergo byr hated so sold it on to TTL who gets on well with it I'm lead to believe. One of the other viroids uses one too if I recall. I now use a mai tai style carrier and a ring sling, but am looking to get a wrap as DD is up and down a lot more and the mail tai gets a bit bulky to carry about.

In other news I appear to have finally weaned DD off the boob. She had her last drink on Saturday and is only asking about once a day now and being easily fobbed off with a cup of goats milk, food or toys--tv--. I feel like I should feel sad or really happy, but I just feel nothing really.

tiredteddy Thu 07-Mar-13 13:49:03

Hi Fej, nice to get to know you. My ds2 is also 5 so same age. Ds1 is 8 and a very big boy now. Well done on your dd weaning. I reckon no feelings either way is good. If you were thrilled it may have been that you resented the demands and if you were upset then it may have been too soon for you. However this way everyone's fine healthy and life goes on. Good all round. Thanks for sling advice. We are going go and look at an ergo on sat to see if it still ticks all my boxes in RL. Wraps look lovely but Im happy with the pouch while dd is tiny and a soft structured sling is my aim for her as she grows. Yuck weather where I live today. It's chucking it down.

Dynababy Sat 09-Mar-13 09:37:36

feij you might even have been nomorechocbiscuits last time brassica here! Weaning all progress for you! Tell me more about goats milk pls!! Random question, but DS is or was cow milk protein allergic, but now at the age that the hospital dietician is suggesting a trial as they can and usually grow out of it. Now i read ages ago that goats milk is easier to digest and in new zealand goat milk formula for infants is common (i was looking for a formula around 11 mths as wanted to give up bf, but not recommended here. Now he's 19mths i could obv chose to give him that over cows milk. So just wondering how you DD gets on with it and why you choose that option really? No word from val ... Hopefully too busy celebrating, thinking about you! Tiredteddy my DS is 19 mths now with DS #2 due in June! 25 weeks pregnant now and knackered smile

siluria Sat 09-Mar-13 18:45:57

Howdy ladies, it's ttl here under a new name smile

Yaaaaaaaaaay, brassicababe is back! How are Meredith and Barnaby? I didn't remember that they were so close in age to Isobel and Alba - Isobel is 20 months and as vodka says I'm almost 17 weeks pregnant with DC2 - anomaly scan on 26 March smile Pregnancy has been rougher this time than last - much worse morning sickness though it's mainly subsided now (despite making a reappearance this morning, but I have tight chest, mild dizziness, low fever, sore throat, aching back, so am definitely coming down with something), but I am really excited smile

Figners and toes crossed for a sticky bean val smile

The ergo has been used quite a bit but Isobel likes walking and the buggy now so she's not been too keen recently - planning to get the newborn insert and use it with DC2.

Will catch up properly soon - when I'm not shivering and shaking on the couch! Hope everybody and the little DCs are well (notwithstanding chicken pox - rubbish sad )

vallinnapod Sat 09-Mar-13 20:20:19

Huge hugs brassica and TTL miss you ladies (all of you)!

So BFN for me. Was prepared for feeling disappointed but not for how sad I feel. DS is so gorgeous and amazing that I am sure that is both helping and making it worse (IYSWIM).

We have another frostie so will try again. I think aiming for it to go back in June. And if that fails we will go full on again. Just so, so expensive. Feels so not worth it when it fails hmm

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Sun 10-Mar-13 19:23:22

Aww, Hugs Val I can't imagine ever having to go through what you are doing, but can well imagine the heart break xx

TTL, I think you broke my head by name changing! So you're Anti-roman rule then?

Dyna I give DD goats milk as that is what I drink. And I drink it as I'm lactose intolerant, but find I can have some goats dairy with out to many problems. I also find DS gets on better with it, though I suspect he is also lactose intolerant, but it's harder to tell with him. And yes you are right Goats milk formula is common enough to be sold in the supermarket in NZ. You can find it here in the UK is you google know where to look , especially on --evil-- Amazon . I looked into it for DD for if bfing didn't work out, but thankfully never needed to go down that route.

siluria Mon 11-Mar-13 11:06:41

Ha ha, not anti Roman rule, just doing a lot of work atm on the geologist Roderick Murchison who named the Silurian system, so it sort of popped into my head. He was a bit of a bastard though, so may have to break your head and name change again at some point!!

Oh val I'm really sorry. Big hugs. Really hope it works out in June - totally see what you mean about Teddy making it easier and harder to go through it again. Fingers crossed for next time xxx

Dynababy Fri 15-Mar-13 19:27:49

Val so sorry to hear your news sending you <<hugs>> sad Hopefully June will be your month. Thanks Feij re goats milk info, I'll have to try the cow milk with DS anyway as its in so much that if he can now have it, I want him to eat those foods, but as a drink I was thinking goats milk, waitrose do nanny care follow on toddler type stuff so if transition to milk goes well I'll probably give that a whirl. In other news met my consultant obst today re delivery and we agreed on a section given what happened last time ending in EMCS .. So now have a specific date DS2 will be born 18th of June, excited to know but weird lowing his birthday already! Thankful it's Friday today! Enjoy your weekend ladies smile

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Mon 01-Apr-13 13:21:51

How is everyone? Enjoying the holiday I hope. DS is off for 2 weeks but it's to cold to let him run around the park all day so I'm racking my brain for fun (warm) indoor stuff to do.

And I figured out DD's random vomiting bouts . It's being caused by her molars cutting through. Heart breaking when it happens but a relief knowing it will soon be finished with.

WingDefence Mon 01-Apr-13 14:13:08

Hello all!

I only know tiredteddy on here but a couple of us viroids have popped recently over on the JSing grads fred so hopefully they'll follow over.

I gave birth to DD1 on Friday and thought I really should head over here now! I also have a DS aged 4.3 smile

Anyway, nice to meet your acquaintance! grin

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Tue 02-Apr-13 19:14:02

Ohh new squish! (sniff sniff, ah) Welcome to the thread WingDefence grin

I'm FeijoaVodka and I have a DS (5) and a DD (21 months)

tiredteddy Wed 03-Apr-13 16:55:24

Hello WING! Nice to see you here. smile

Dysgu Wed 03-Apr-13 17:52:22

Hurrah - have managed to find the thread smile I was looking for it earlier but had no luck but it just came up in last 15 minutes.

I only know tiredteddy and wing so far...

I gave birth to DS on 14th March and brought him home from NICU on Friday.
I also have DD1 aged 6 and DD2 aged 4.

Hello all!

WingDefence Fri 05-Apr-13 16:14:21

Well, most of you will be too far along for this so this is really for my benefit and reassurance from anyone else on here who has bfed...

DD is a week old today (blimey that has gone quick!) and cluster feeds in the evenings but today she has fed pretty much on/off from when she woke at 6:30 till about 3-3:30 and is now snoozing. I'm assuming it's a growth spurt?

Can any of you remember when your bfed babies got into any semblance of a routine?! I can't remember at all what happened with DS but we were mixed feeding from the start so it never really worked...

Any advice/memories gratefully received! thanks

tiredteddy Fri 05-Apr-13 18:05:55

Hi Dysgu! Glad you've made it over too!

Wing, from what I remember with the DS 's now a long time ago too, is that the feeds seemed to settle I to regular 3 hour ish slots at around 4-6 weeks. However I do remember the evening cluster feed lasting a while longer but didn't know that's what it was at the time! I also remember them both having no sense of the day or night so that was odd and we seemed to need to teach them that night was dark hushed voices etc however dd has seemed to know the difference from day one. Not sure I can add much other than keep going. It's draining BF but so special too. In a way I'm missing it I think...

WingDefence Fri 05-Apr-13 18:54:00

Sorry Dysgu, hellooooooo!

tired, the fact that bfing is going well (DD put on 115g or 4oz between Monday's weigh in and yesterday!) is keeping me sane. If I was having to struggle with latch etc I think it'd be a far different story! DH is finding bit frustrating though as he can't comfort her when she's crying because she only really cries when she really wants more milk!

tiredteddy Fri 05-Apr-13 19:16:26

Glad it's going so well Wing. Hard for DH. But it sounds like she's happy if she only cries when hungry. maybe in a couple of weeks you'll be able to differentiate between comfort suckling and hunger? Would you consider a dummy? Then DH could cuddle and comfort. Can he be in charge of dressing her and nappies as you have to the the feeding/ comforting at the moment?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now