Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just Mumming Along (viroids 2)

(944 Posts)
Eskarina Mon 14-May-12 20:10:19

Tried to post on the original thread and my post got rejected as its full! Have copied and pasted below....

Congrats on the job offer ttl...hope the other one comes up trumps for you too.

Dd isn't quite crawling yet, but would very much like to. She is the queen of the Klingons at the moment, and has a meltdown the second I put her down, look in the opposite direction, or if someone else so much as looks at her. Not all the time thankfully, but definitely for part of every day.

On the bf thing, it's so personal.....I've just dropped doing the afternoon feed myself be cause dd is so distractible that she bobs on and off, which I don't like around other people, and now she finally has teeth the constant latch on/off was really hurting. I just bf once a day, our morning snuggle when she's nice and calm. I would be sad to give that one up just yet.

takethatlady Thu 03-Jan-13 11:25:16

Oh no sorry for the puke in your house.

If it's any consolation I don't have the norovirus but I am Vom Queen in our house at the moment.

Just saw MW. She reckons I'm 10 weeks, based on the fact I've been sick for 2 weeks. I think I'm more like 8. Scan on Tuesday, so we'll see.

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Thu 03-Jan-13 19:09:06

Sorry not been on for ages. Our house has just had one illness after another over Christmas.

We haven't done controlled crying with ds so no real advice I'm afraid. We spent about 30 mins one night trying the shh pat technique, but decided it wasn't worth it. We have now settled on a strong bed time routine. Sometimes ds sleeps through. Other times he joins us at some point in the night. Not sure how this arrangement will work when new baby arrives. Think we need a bigger bed!

Anyway, I hope this doesn't sound daft but we haven't done cc as I feel it won't work for him. I have friends who have done it successfully. I think this is because it was right for them and the baby. One in particular wanted put down, but would still kind of cry/gurn (not the howling that my ds does) and then drift off. So try and not feel guilty. You can see if it is making your toddler happier.

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Tue 08-Jan-13 21:27:50

How is everyone? It's always strange trying to get back to normal after holidays. Tried to keep my week busy, so ds doesn't go stir crazy stuck with me in the house.

Dyna - how is the house hunting? We still haven't decided on big house further out (Kirkliston) or smaller place more central...decisions!

Val not long now until the two week wait and poas!

Hope everyone is finally illness and morning sickness free. We had a miserable time over Christmas and new year. Luckily dh didn't return to work until yesterday, so at least got a couple of nice days together.

takethatlady Wed 09-Jan-13 21:47:11

Oh no cola. Poor you with the sickness bugs. Rubbish.

Thank you. Isobel has gone back to a bit of moaning for a minute or two before shuffling down to sleep, though she's also getting up at 5.40 on the dot for some reason!

Had my scan. Am 8 weeks on Friday. Even I thought I was further along than that. The vomming and the nausea have been incredible this time. It's just one baby. Told the least discreet person in the world at work today. She's the only person who could give me the advice I needed on how to play it with students making choices about next year's courses etc, and she's a mum of two herself and very supportive of me. But she'll have told half of London by now ...

Hope everybody else is having a nice start to the new year!

vallinnapod Thu 10-Jan-13 10:41:31

LOL TTL I love the work grapevine. When I was 'announcing' my PG last time I found it really hard to tell people so I told her and just sat back grin.

Yep, not long now until ET (I hope!) I have been on Progynova, which is basically HRT, to thicken my lining for 6 days now and I am huge. I kid you not, I am so bloated I look 6 months pregnant....It's hideous. But all in a good cause. I have a scan on Saturday. I will be totally devastated if my lining is pitiful as I need some explanation for turning into a blimp! After the Saturday scan they will either increase the dose of progynova for a few more days, or I will start on the delightful progestrone suppositories which I need to be on 5 days before ET (as the frozen ones are 5 days old). Then fingers crossed they defrost and stick around. Hugely anxious about it all again sad

My bestie told me she was PG on NYE. Obviously totally delighted for her and would love to be on mat leave together smile

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Tue 22-Jan-13 14:25:11

How is everyone doing? How did your scan go Vallinna? Are you on the way to cooking another miniVallinna? And how are all our lovely already upduffed viroids?

Things are just ticking along as normal in the Feijoa house. We're slowly spending more and more time lurgy free, which is great! DD is a precocious thing now, talking more and more and running away from me more and more grin She also doesn't like snow balls being thrown at her, but when one hits Daddy in the face it's hilarious (which is it really is hehe). Not that we had much snow.

vallinnapod Tue 22-Jan-13 21:15:25

Nope - cycle has been cancelled sad I was not really responding to the drugs and then started bleeding. Which was meant to be impossible hmm Could go again once I have finished bleeding. Just.....meh, really. Not sure I want to.
sad

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Sat 26-Jan-13 18:53:58

Oh, that sucks Val sad Surely there is no rush to make a decision what you want to do straight away though. Give yourself the time to feel meh and if at the end of that you don't want to go ahead then don't and if you do, do (I realise not having been in this situation that is easy for me to say). Big hugs xx

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Sat 26-Jan-13 18:55:20

But on a lighter note I just wanted to say [bgrin][bwink][bsmile]...

[bgrin]

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Sat 26-Jan-13 18:56:32

Grr, they didn't work, even though they are still listed down there [insert down arrow here] angry

vallinnapod Mon 28-Jan-13 14:47:12

What were the 'b' smilies meant to be?!

Thanks Feijoa I feel I need to crack on in case it takes us a couple of years...

tiredteddy Tue 29-Jan-13 07:38:26

Hi, I'm wondering if a move over here is a good idea? I was in the JS thread last year and then obviously the Viroids too and now have a squishy 2 week old newborn. I didn't want to join the jan group it's huge about 50 or more on it! Hope there's room here for a newbie? smile

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Tue 29-Jan-13 11:18:04

They were supposed to be the tartan hatted smiles for Burns night.

Tiredteddy Hello, welcome and yes more than enough room for newbie graduates grin We haven't had a squishy viroid baby in far to long <sniffs minitiredteddy, while ignoring minifeij's tantrum>

tiredteddy Tue 29-Jan-13 19:32:57

Thanks feijoa dd is 2 weeks old and was a very fast labour that I won't forget for a while! I also have ds1 age 8 and ds2 age5. I'm getting in the swing of the school run again. There's a couple of others on the grads thread due soon.

vallinnapod Tue 29-Jan-13 20:01:22

Awh bebbies!! Well, bebe!

Welcome tiredteddy...PS wish my Teddy (DS) was tired hmm

Dynababy Sun 03-Feb-13 13:29:32

Hey all good here (hopefully) I say that as fine but not much movement from little spek so hoping 20 weeks scan goes well this week, just would like to see a healthy baby waving at us but also hugely excited to find out boy/girl!! We've been enjoying the scant amount of snow... Sledging rocks and happily Oscar agrees!!
Poor you Val I hope the next time you respond to the drugs sending you ((hugs))
CC any decision or Kirkliston vs central? We've decided to delay until this little one is born and I'm back to work, just don't want financial strain when on mat leave... This is the most post-poned move ever! We're ok in our flat for a but as its big if only 2 beds and new build so we have a lift. Hope to definitely move end of this year start of next though! Hope everyone else all good?

Dynababy Sun 03-Feb-13 13:30:27

OH and welcome tiredted and congrats on our little one!

tiredteddy Sun 10-Feb-13 10:28:34

Gosh I really had forgotten how busy it is with a little baby in the house. The juggling of three dc is a bit epic at times!

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Sun 10-Feb-13 15:19:11

my ummy is the best <3 minifeij xxx

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Sun 10-Feb-13 15:20:45

b bvb bbbbbbbbg 0855 kkkkkkf 9

vallinnapod Tue 12-Feb-13 15:53:23

LOL grin Fej

Dynababy Sat 16-Feb-13 19:46:07

Thread dead sad

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Sat 16-Feb-13 19:51:38

I'm lurking about but hate typing on my phone and well you see what happens when I turn the laptop on these days.

How is everyone?

vallinnapod Sat 23-Feb-13 21:44:41

Well I had one of my two embryos thawed and put back last Weds shock Test this Friday shock Don't feel remotely like I did after 'proper' IVF so very down on it working.

To top it all DS was diagnosed with chickenpox the day before transfer. He hasn't been too spotty but very poorly and sad. Spots in his mouth and up his nose. I had it as a child but since Thursday have felt quite fluey and of course itchy as hell. Keep thinking I am finding spots...

Oh and throughout all of this DH has been working abroad in Australia grin

So all go here grin

Hope you are all well. How are the next batch of mini Viriods?

Fej how are DDs iPad skills coming on wink

Oh traded the Maclaren for a BJCM which I love. smile

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Sun 24-Feb-13 10:04:10

Oh, sticky thoughts coming your way VAL! And get better soon miniVal. Try putting baking soda in a warm bath to help with the itching. x

I'd love to trade up my pushchair for something else, but I use one or the other of my slings so often it's not worth it. So know I'm hanging out til I can afford a new sling grin

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now