Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2010 - Another 6 months past, it's going too fast!

(1000 Posts)
comixminx Wed 11-Apr-12 21:32:47

Our lovely new thread for the September 2010 babies. Dive in folks!

SilverBirdie Thu 04-Apr-13 22:13:11

Shan't moan again..... Sorry ladies blush

That's horrible, some people are just after something for nothing! I remember going out for meal after my brother graduated and a woman there ate 3/4 of her steak and then complained, they offered to bring her another but she kept on and wanted to see a manager until eventually to shut her up they gave it to her for free. Obviously after a free meal or why eat so much if it was so terrible before complaining?!? Plus everyone had to listen to her!

I like Finlay but not so keen in Finn, I guess things naturally get shortened though. One if the reasons I liked James as there's no natural shortening but dh calls him Jimbob all the time, drives me mad.

SilverBirdie Fri 05-Apr-13 08:58:15

That would r
Drive me crazy too cinnamon
One of the reasons we chose James as a middle name really. I'm not a fan of Jim or Jimmy when James is so, so nice on its own.

Just waiting for Jack to wake up!! He went to bed at 8pm so is still fast asleep grin

Sunny here this morning but it actually snowed yesterday shock

We had lots of snow yesterday and we're much further south, starting to make me angry now! Poxy bloody weather, I am freezing (the only downside of losing weight)!

I was running last week and some stupid man opened his car door without looking and I managed to pull something getting out of his way. Was fine when I ran Saturday, starting hurting while running Monday and by the end of my training session on Weds it was very painful. I am now walking with a limp and dh is doing his best to heat, medicate, encourage blood flow and stretch it at every opportunity! Hate being pain and being slow/needing help, makes me VERY grumpy! It's better today but still walking 'like I have a cucumber up my arse' in the words of dh.

lumpylumps Fri 05-Apr-13 19:19:15

Crikey this is a Sept 2010 record!!! This thread started 11th April 2012. It's lasted us almost a whole year!!!

I've had an awful day, I've started getting migraines and have had one today and dh is at work till 8.30 and my parents are away. It was so bad earlier that I was in tears. I feel like I've failed olly today cos I've not been with it to make sure he's started dry!!

I also think we're going to have problems with poos on the potty. He sits himself away to do it so goes in his pants. I found him tonight and very call calmly offered him the potty or a nappy but he just got really upset. Any tips??? On the up side he did ask for a wee tonight!!!

newmum001 Sat 06-Apr-13 07:29:53

Lumpy grace was scared to poo at first, took a bit if persuading but she got there in the end, she liked her special toilet seat better and she sits with her legs sort of in a meditating position. She used to hide to poo when she was in nappies and it 'd take her ages cause she was do easily distracted so it took her a while to get used to pooing quickly on the toilet. Have you tried him on the toilet? Or on a potty in the bathroom so he can have privacy? Other than that I have no suggestions other than bribery hahahaha

Brady what are your girls names? Can't find your thread.

newmum001 Sat 06-Apr-13 07:31:11

Brady??? Bloody iPhone I obviously mean beady!

lumpylumps Sat 06-Apr-13 08:31:31

newmum I'm having to go slowly slowly with him!!! He's done really well and is clearly ready cos he manages to hold it. The accidents he has are always in the morning, as if he needs to to remember when no nappy means!! He is very strong willed tho and if he doesn't want to do something he won't, and that was the reaction I got when I tried him on the toilet!!!!!! Gonna leave that for a bit. Private pooing would work but he doesn't tell me and just disappears!!!

Are we about due a not so baby baby update?!

Olly, 2yrs 7mths, 83cm, 24lb and size 4.5f feet
As we all know doing well with potty training and has been in his big bit bed for about 10months!!! He's pretty good at going to bed but I do always have to go back up once to put him back in. It's like a ritual!!

He eats most things but will only have jam or peanut butter in his sandwiches. His faves are pasta, sausages, pear and raisins and would have dip dip on everything if I let him!!

He's a cheeky little monkey and if you ask him why he's done something he'll always reply "because I don't know!!!" In a very cross matter of fact way. He's getting more cuddly the older he gets and is a daddy's boy. His best friend is Toby and they play so nicely even though they wind each other up at times. He's mad on trains and dinosaurs and loves going to nursery.

His one big fault is he's inherited my temper and that's not pretty!!! But I love him like crazy so it's all good!!!!!

I would go on poo watch and if he goes off without you just follow him and as you see him start to strain put him on the toilet. Is it that he doesn't want to or just that he doesn't tell you? Both of mine had more poo accidents than wees which I could never understand as pooing is so much more active.

Luke is much bigger than Olly! He was 15.1Kg when I weighed him last weekend so just over 33lb. He was 93cm at his two year check in December, haven't measured him since and his feet are 8.5f!!

SilverBirdie Sat 06-Apr-13 22:41:33

I'll be back to do Jack's update soon but can tell you that just now in a&e he weighed 29lbs fully clothed and shoes on.
Got another bout of pneumonia just like last summer but hopefully caught it quickly enough to treat at home with antibiotics.
What is this boy like? Dh and I are meant to be away tmrw night! That's first Christmas, naming day, wedding anniversary and most other big occasions that he's stolen the thunder by being ill grin and biscuit
Hmmmmpppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh no, poor jack and poor you! Hopefully the antibiotics kick in quickly and he picks up. Will you still go if he's feeling better? Haven't been to a&e with Luke yet, although been twice with ds1.

I measured Luke and he's now 97cm he will be 2 1/2 in 5 days grin

Debs75 Mon 08-Apr-13 22:40:33

Hope Jack is feeling better soon.

Will try and measure Lucy soon She is a chunky girl and she has to have age 3-4 clothes for a good fit.

Potty training seems to be done. She has very few accidents now and takes herself off if she wants a wee/poo. She still wants the upstairs loo most of the time and can easily wait whilst we try and argue against her then give in, then she makes us wait at the bottom of the stairs whilst she gets to the top then she messes around whilst we get up there and put her on the toilet. She likes to be in control. I think night nappies will go when we move and she gets a big girl bed, it's not fair to leave her without whens he can't get out of a cot to go to toilet, even if her nappy is dry most mornings.

She isn't my baby anymore which is making me seriously broody, we have stopped booby and whilst she will ask sometimes she isn't devastated by not having it. She wants to walk everywhere. She has an opinion on everything. There is no more babies for us though I have my 5-year plan sorted and there just isn't room for baby number 5sad

lumpylumps Wed 10-Apr-13 16:48:05

Crikey, ds1 is just going into 3-4 yrs! And is 98cm! I guess dh and I make little babies!!!!!

Well, the potty training has been a success. Dry day and night for the last 4 nights!!! Poo is definitely an issue tho. He will not do it on the potty or sit on the toilet! He holds it until he absolutely can't anymore then gets all upset and does it in his pants!!!

Luke is 2-3 in tops but still 18-24 in trousers. He is between the 75th and 91st centile for weight and between 91st and 98th for height so he is big for his age lumpylumps. I'm only 5'5 so not huge and dh 5'11, he is naturally very small though was 11st before he started weight training.

He's so lovely but such hard work at times. His speech is better now than ds1's was at 4 so I don't think I have anything to worry about with that. He's also very polite, always say please and thank you and your welcome and even bless you if someone sneezes!

I think you just need to reassure him that there is nothing to be frightened of with the toilet and keep trying to encourage him to sit on it. What does he do when you put him on the toilet when he clearly needs a poo?

lumpylumps Wed 10-Apr-13 19:48:23

He just won't go on it. And if I do manage to persuade him to sit on it he gets straight off and says he doesn't need to. I've tried bribery, incentives, diversion, I don't make a fuss at all when he does poo, just change him and comfort him but at the same time tell him that it'd be much better for him if he'd do it on the potty!!

Debs75 Wed 10-Apr-13 22:13:14

Lumpy my nephew wouldn't poo out of a nappy for over a year and my dsis got very worked up over it, which made it worse. I did hear a few years ago about letting them sit on the toilet with a nappy on so they got used to just being on the potty/toilet. From that you use a nappy with a hole in so they get used to the feeling of the poo falling away. It can take some time but I think this method can be a good one to try.

When I stand Lucy next to Robyn you can tell she is going to be a bigger girl. Her head is bigger her arms are chunkier. They don't look 2 years apart more like 1 year.

lumpylumps Thu 11-Apr-13 08:28:10

He won't let me put a nappy on him debs! My friends ds would only poo in the garden like a dog!!! I have no idea how that started but at least I know c out could be worse!!! I know it's very common and aren't worrying about it. I just want to make sure I'm not missing a trick!!!

I'm not sure if I've already said but he's had the all clear for his eyes. If you remember he was being checked for a retinoblastoma!
beady how's Jack's head now??

I don't think so, just keep reassuring and put him on the toilet and try to keep him there. Can you take him when ds1 does a poo so he knows it fine? My ds1 often invited Luke into the toilet with him and he sits on the boxed in pipes chatting! One of my minded children I used to have had a brother that didn't poo on the toilet until he was 8! As a consequence I had to put this little girl on the toilet at any sign of straining from 6 months so she wasn't worried about pooing on the toilet and it became normal from a very young age. Was a bit of a pain when she was very little but it did save on changing nappies I guess. Glad to hear his eyes are ok, think you may have said before smile

SilverBirdie Thu 11-Apr-13 11:27:44

Hey all...
Jack seems ok on his antibiotics and calpol/ibu when he needs it. So glad we got it quickly this time so no oxygen or nights in hospital.
This is his third X-ray though. Not sure what is considered a lot really??
I have a feeling he might follow in dh's footsteps as every time he had a cold as a child it became a chest infection which resulted in an asthma attack needing hospital care sad
These things do run in the man's line of the family.... Really hope I'm wrong though. Dh's Mum hates talking about it all as he was ebf unlike his sister who never had any troubles. I think she feels a bit confused about it all and fails to realise that these things can just be, unfortunately.

I am absolutely shattered. Still full of awful cold and not sleeping. This is about week 7 of it now sad
I've avoided the dr because last time I had antibiotics I felt horrendous so was hoping to avoid them but not sure I can go on like this. Desperate for some sleep.

Not measured Jack for a while but everyone thinks he's 3+ given his size and conversation. He's pretty much potty trained..... We've done it a crazy way what with all the illness and constant chaos so he has a pull up on still but it's dry all day and he always asks to go.... Even at 3am the other night Grrrrrrrrrrr I'm just not well/sane enough to be coping with leaks yet so pull ups will stay till I feel less comatose.
I hate saying it but I do think he's bright. He holds every ounce of knowledge without needing prompting. Eg: he knows the difference between a diamond and a parallelogram and honestly his vocab is incredible. I do hate hearing people say he's a genius so I just say "oh I don't know, but he does have a great memory" or something similar.
Perhaps a downside of it is that he can argue for England! He's polite and not really balshy with it but he knows how to create a fuss.
Feet are 8f
Size 2-3 but trousers have to have adjustable waists and his are on the tightest setting
Head is now completely sorted and like normal grin
His nails seem to grow stupidly quickly
He wants to be carried a lot still [backbreaking emoticon]
29lbs with clothes on
No longer allergic to egg grin
Very affectionate and kisses a lot
Seeing more shyness come out recently but could be cos he's been unwell for a while too

Need a wash.... Covered in snot so off for some steam and soap grin tmi!

Debs75 Thu 11-Apr-13 20:50:57

Lumpy good news on the eyes. I would guess with the poos just keep reassuring him and don't make a huge deal out of it.

Silver I did an assignment which included radiation and X-ray use in pregnancy and you would have to get rather a lot to exceed the safe dosage. Obviously the less the better and you could ask if there are other ways of checking his lungs.

Lucy has got into nursery. grin 15 hours per week until mid July and then 15 hours per week term-time after September. We are hoping she goes when Robyn is there which will make things easier on DP.

lumpylumps Sat 13-Apr-13 19:17:57

Olly did a poo on the potty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!! Go Olly, well done. That must be a relief smile

SilverBirdie Sun 14-Apr-13 08:17:39

Morning grin
Yeah for pooing Olly! Hope he's ok with it and it wasn't a one off. Not sure yet what I hate more..... Poo or vom. Only had one lot of the latter since small baby days but cleaning the potty is bad enough [grim]
Measured J yesterday and got him at around 96/97cms. He'd look a giant next to Olly. Sounds really similar to Luke though Luke's feet are positively huge! J only just gone into an 8 and I thought that was big. He's nowhere near the centile he was born on for weight and judging by his legs, think he may follow in my footsteps as a child.
He's pretty much back to normal now thank heavens so my turn now on drugs for sinusitis. Oh the joys grin

Wondering what your must have baby items were? Things that I'm likely to forget as am so unorganised this time.

Cannot believe Huggies are stopping in Europe sad I'm a Huggies Mum!

This thread is not accepting new messages.