Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2010 - Another 6 months past, it's going too fast!

(1000 Posts)
comixminx Wed 11-Apr-12 21:32:47

Our lovely new thread for the September 2010 babies. Dive in folks!

Beaditsback Sat 29-Dec-12 20:53:15

Happy belated Christmas and nearly New Year ladies.
Debs hope you're back to normal soon. Can't imagine the juggling with quarantine and so many DCs.
Christmas here was fab if chaotic given the northern road trip we do every year. Jack missed his naps for three days which actually worked quite well with the sleeping in three different houses in three different nights and in a travel cot!

Have finally crashed today. Am utterly exhausted and honestly look 5 months pregnant at just 11 weeks. A lot of banter going around about multiples but I'm keeping my fingers crossed until the scan a week on Monday.
Everyone I've seen recently now knows as its impossible to hide. I'd forgotten how drab maternity clothes are too.... Any recommendations welcome.

sassy34264 Sun 30-Dec-12 13:24:41

Oh god beadit i'm still wearing a lot of mine and refuse to talk about it! wink

debs We havent had chicken pox here yet <dread emoticon>

Hope you all had a nice xmas. I did. And so did the kids.

The house however is a fucking nightmare (trust me, the swear word is needed)

I'll be in the papers at this rate as the poor woman who suffocated under a sea of fisher price!
Either that, or the poor woman who killed herself, because having to match up all the bits and pieces to the right toys takes nearly an hour every night and i just couldn't do it any longer!!!! grin

Debs75 Mon 31-Dec-12 13:30:32

Thankfully she isn't too bad with the spots, it was the cold beforehand which was so bad. Lucy still not got any so fingers crossed she is immune.

Sassy I have been there, before and now. There is light at the end of the toyboxgrin

Beadit I was huge with ds from start to finish. I think it was because he was a boy, I have lost weight with all the girls, maybe a wee girl is coming your way

Happy new year to you all! Wishing you all have a happy and healthy 2013 and look forward to the babies of next year smile

sassy34264 Tue 01-Jan-13 11:26:30

Happy New Year everyone. x

Took your advice sassy34264 and went for a run this morning, 10k in 59 mins so I was pleased. Here's to a fit 2013 smile

comixminx Tue 01-Jan-13 21:54:38

Hi all, had a quick read to try to catch up, sorry I've been away for so long! I dropped off the 'Threads I'm on' and then couldn't seem to manage to get myself back... things have been really busy, as the others who have (or have had) a toddler and a newborn know, plus the run up to Christmas and getting our kitchen done! grin Still, we've survived it. Bruno is doing well: he can roll over already and crawl backwards a bit, which is earlier than Aphra managed to, I think! He stands up really well if you take his hands or hold him under the armpits; again, earlier than Aphra I think.

I see that there have been ups and downs in everyone's lives but haven't yet caught up with everything folks have posted. Congrats to Dixie for little Ted Victor, to Saiorse for Maya, and to BeadIt for the BFP! And congrats also to you cinnamon for going for a run on NY Day - did you manage that in the end, sassy?

comixminx Tue 01-Jan-13 21:55:30

PS a photo of Bruno:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jinty/8312551396/

and one of Aphra:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jinty/8319618366/

comixminx Tue 01-Jan-13 21:56:05

Hmm, again with links enabled!

PS a photo of Bruno:
www.flickr.com/photos/jinty/8312551396/

and one of Aphra:
www.flickr.com/photos/jinty/8319618366/

sassy34264 Thu 03-Jan-13 20:33:23

Not even close.

I've been in bed for the last 3 days sick. Started on new years day and broke my fever this afternoon. I've had to have my mum round, cos i couldn't get up very well. I would be burning up, but literally shivering. Then when eventually i did get warm (full clothes on- including dp's fisherman type polo neck- under the duvet) I would start sweating like mad. i've just slept and slept. Not very well though.

Dp's away until tomorrow- typical. Feeling a lot better now though. Just got a cough and a cold.

I am however nauseous. and today i made a dish that i normally love- one bite had me gagging, but i can however face some foods............... hmm

i don't know who's bricking it more, me or dp.

sassy34264 Thu 03-Jan-13 20:46:36

shock comix

Bruno is a baby!!! How come's he looks like a little toddler already!!!! Good it goes fast. grin

They are both adorable.

Another baby sassy34264?!?!? shock

Hope you're feeling better with your cold and fever though x

Beaditsback Thu 03-Jan-13 21:34:39

Very cute boys you have comix smile

sassy you sound like a poorly, poorly lady... Hopefully dp can let you rest more when he's back. Sending get well vibes!

I've been on antibiotics for a chest infection but stopped early as I think they were making me feel worse. Since I've stopped I do feel better and my nausea finally seems to be fading grin scan on Monday... Can't wait

First day of the pox spots here today. Jack is ok if a little more sleepy and clumsy but tomorrow could be different as his spots tripled this afternoon/evening..... Probably shouldn't come with us to the scan given all the pregnant ladies there..... Am I right thinking he could still be contagious then??

Just reading the "over fed grandson" thread in 'chat' and feel so sad for that poor boy and his gran sad

Lumps think you'll be impressed with our top boys name!

He will still be contagious until the last spots have scabbed 5-7 days for most but that's after they've come up. Mine had new spots coming for 4 days. We didn't take ds1 to 12 week scan but we did to 20 week one and he loved it, lots to see at that one smile

Beaditsback Thu 03-Jan-13 22:05:52

He wouldn't be coming with us for the show, more that we struggle for help on the days Mum and Dad don't usually do. Mum is busy Mondays and Dad has never had him on his own though sure by now he's seen enough nappy changes to know what to do! grin
Definitely wont take him now though....... Fingers crossed someone is able to help otherwise Dh will have to miss the scan sad
I think we've already infected our neighbours little girl. They were together on Monday and shared a bath so it would explain her fever last night.

Hoping for not too many spot tomorrow but his face seemed to be the most inviting for today's spots grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Debs75 Fri 04-Jan-13 09:19:22

Lucy still hasn't come out in pox spots so she is either super lucky or she is just taking a long time to incubate them

Am going to print off the couch to 5k schedule and I will give it a go this year. My weight loss has stalled and it needs a kick start especially as best friend has lost 5 stone is 18 months and looks fabulous.

Mine were exactly 2 weeks apart Debs75 so if Robin got them Christmas day you still have until Tuesday. Assuming Lucy caught them from her and not from the original source. Come join our c25k thread, there are lots of people just starting so you'll be in good company and if you fancy giving mfp a go I'm there too smile

lumpychristmaspud Fri 04-Jan-13 20:20:12

Evening all you lovely ladies. hope everyone had a good Christmas and New year. it's was lovely. busy but good. Toby loved every minute of it and just kept saying "I'm such a lucky boy!" olly wasn't so impressed and just cried if we tried to get him to open a pressie!!

sassy! do a test, do a test!! I did one before Christmas because I was so nauseous all the time. in was negative. I'm pretty sure it was a bug.

the incubation period for the pox is 2 weeks so debs, Lucy won't be totally in the clear until robin has been non contagious for 2 weeks if that makes sense!!

beady! does it begin with a T???

Beaditsback Fri 04-Jan-13 20:51:29

lumpy it does! But it's joint top spot with one beginning with 'R'..... Very early days too. Think it will go v nicely with Jack though grin
You ever get anything but nice comments about it?

Jack now has spots on his tongue and on his bits but seems totally oblivious to them at the mo.

lumpychristmaspud Sat 05-Jan-13 21:16:52

no, never had anything remotely negative. people often ask if it's short for Tobias but generally say what a lovely name it is!!

Debs75 Sun 06-Jan-13 22:06:02

Bloody hell this chocken pox thing is just getting ridiculous. I would of thought with Lucy spending almost all her time with Robyn that she would of got it pretty quick. She has a spot at the corner of her mouth but i don't think it is chicken pox. Tuesday is 2 weeks after Robyn got a spot and a week on Monday is when she was non-contagious again.

Anyone else cracked potty training yet? Lucy wants to and I think she may be ready. Don't want to pushe her though, she pooed on the floor and got distressed today.

I have started with Luke, with my nightmare schedule during term time I wanted to start before the kids went back to school but not right over Christmas. So far he's doing well, did a poo in his pants today but did one in the toilet and all his wees in the toilet today so not bad. I am putting nappy back on at night but it is dry in the morning. Need to get some sheets to protect the matress before I'm brave enough for night time. The problem is I have 2 or 3 school runs all walking so I'm out an hour at a time and I have to wake him up from his nap before I go in the afternoon and I really don't want to put him in pull ups every time I go out as I think it's confusing and makes them lazy. Will see how he goes tomorrow as no school until Tuesday but I'm reasonably optimistic.

Even if she caught it the day Robyn got it the incubation is 2 weeks so it won't actually come out in spots until 2 weeks after she caught it. I don't know if it's contagious before the spots come out? The only way she could have got spots earlier is if they caught it from the same person.

Having a really down few days sad. So nice to have had dh and ds1 at home and I don't want to go back to manic working days and tired grumpy ds1, plus I'm more tired and grumpy and snap at them when I shouldn't. Luke is challenging at the moment and I am so much better with him when I have more time. I'm so sick of struggling with money, never having enough, moving it around and the pressure of debt with no end in sight what so ever. I also feel like the chance of having another baby is slipping away to almost impossbile, dh is right we really can't afford it we are only just scraping by as it is and I am either babysitting or selling bodyshop just so we can go swimming or take the boys to mcDonalds. And now with the car breaking another £750 has gone on a credit card sad. Our house is worth so much less than we paid for it so we can't even sell it and have lower outgoings to make life easier. Should I really need to work more than 50 hours a week just to get by? Sorry feeling very sorry for myself!

patito Sun 06-Jan-13 22:30:05

A very belated happy new year!!

Ive been trying to get on for ages, I have actually even caught up on several occasions but something (or someone) has always interrupted me just before I actually get to write a msg.

So Ive waited till everyone´s gone to bed tonight to make sure I won´t get disturbed.

cinnamon I wish I had your will power, need to get back into some fitness regime but feeling far too lazy.

Sorry to hear about chicken pox Debs. Maia has been out of nappies for a while now, but she still wees about once week (wooden floors throughout house - so easy to clean - but she always wees on the rug in the lounge angry )

Round II of pressie giving today, The Three Wise mens day here in Spain. Had loads of fun with the kids and spent the whole day out as its like Spring here. Had fun back home but have to say dont miss the weather at all - Rain rain and more rain. Will be back again soon though, been invited to a wedding in Feb.

xx

Debs75 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:21:15

Cinnamon there is so much conflicting advice on infection. NHS says you are most contagious 2 days before spots come out and before all spots have crusted. We think she caught it on either the 19th or 21st of December which was the only 2 days in December she went out(had been full of a nasty cold before then)
Sorry to hear your money woes. It is scandalous that you are struggling whilst working, especially both of you working. Would it be better if you could do something else? Childcare is really low paid and you sound like you are running yourselves ragged. Would you be better not working at all until the youngest is in school?

Patito All these present days sound lovely. A warm sunny Christmas would be nice for a change. It is rainy and cold here, all the time it feels.

This thread is not accepting new messages.