Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2007 - 5th Birthday updates over here please!!

(80 Posts)
Bramshott Tue 20-Mar-12 10:53:34

Looking forward to the 5th birthdays! Come and let us know what your April 07 babies are getting up to for their birthdays (otherwise Oooggs and I will just end up talking to ourselves again!)

Bramshott Mon 02-Apr-12 09:45:06

Well we survived the 'kitten party' and they all had a good time I think.

Happy Birthday to all those with 5th birthdays this week. Hope everyone is having a good Easter holiday so far!

Doobydoo Mon 02-Apr-12 18:22:41

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY APRIL BABIES!!

oooggs Mon 02-Apr-12 19:43:34

We have had a 3 day birthday break!!

Happy birthday Milo!

Bramshott Mon 02-Apr-12 21:56:56

Happy Birthday to Milo - hope he's had a great day!

cazboldy Tue 03-Apr-12 22:30:36

Hope Milo had a lovely birthday yesterday xx

oooggs Wed 04-Apr-12 08:28:38

Happy birthday Isobelle x

Lucewheel Sun 08-Apr-12 20:30:37

A huge happy birthday to our gorgeous April babies smile

Life continues to be very busy in the Lucewheel household although I have been poorly. The medication has been making me feel really rough and very blush at work when nearly fainting but I have been assured that I will be back to my usual self in a couple of months. I have been feeling quite guilty that I don't feel up to giving S a proper party but will make his day as special as I can.

A real suprise for us has been being selected for the xbox product test which the dc's have totally loved and has been the source of much Easter fun grin well timed MN.

Bramshott Tue 10-Apr-12 09:24:14

Lost you!

Happy Birthday to Izzy and Molly and everyone else who's had a birthday recently. Hope everyone has had a very relaxing Easter break.

Bramshott Tue 10-Apr-12 09:24:53

Sorry to hear that you've been poorly Luce - thanks for dropping in with a 'birthday' update.

leakyR Tue 10-Apr-12 21:32:21

Hope all birthdays have been happy since my last visit and that nobody has eaten too much chocolate or simnel cake. Been up in North East since last Sunday. Mostly at the house that technology forgot a.k.a. my mam's house. Both DC have been ruinously spoiled by both sets of GPs; 2 April birthdays and Easter have proved to be the jackpot for George and Iris. I've had stonking fluey/cold over the weekend - high temp, dizziness, aches, copious snot and a hacking cough -my least calorific Easter ever! Coming out the other side of it now thank goodness as I've got a HUUUUUGE to-do list before the party on Saturday and have to fit in actual birthday fun on Thursday too!

cazboldy Wed 11-Apr-12 11:53:21

Thanks Bramshott, Molly had a fab birthday, and I hope everyone else has too smile

oooggs Thu 12-Apr-12 08:00:04

Happy birthday George!! Hope he has a fab day leaky & the party preps are going well

cazboldy Thu 12-Apr-12 09:29:25

Happy Birthday George xx

cazboldy Fri 13-Apr-12 10:22:46

Happy Birthday Joe! smile

cazboldy Fri 13-Apr-12 10:31:53

and Happy Birthday Harry smile

leakyR Sun 15-Apr-12 17:51:48

No 15th April birthday?
George did have a lovely day on Thursday.MY PFB is still pretty perfect as far as I can see wink After bacon sandwiches and pressies dh took the dc to soft play so I could crack on with cakes for the party. We went for a Chinese meal on Thursday night - which is a rare but always welcome treat for all of us. G insisted on using his chopsticks throughout! Entertaining, if not particularly efficient.
Friday was last minute party shopping, finishing the second cake and wrapping prizes etc. ILs arrived Saturday morning and for once MIL was a dream helping to get sandwiches done letting me be in chargeshock.
The party went pretty much without a hitch, we had an entertainer for the kids who was very funny and kept all 35 of them engaged for a full hour, we seemed to get the food right - not many leftovers/nobody went without. There were definitely more presents than at Christmas time after the party and both dc have been beside themselves with excitement. Pleased to say there has only been minimal squabbling and brat-like behaviour.We're all tired today but no rest for the wicked as it's the whole back-to school/preschool rigmarole.
Hope all this week's birthdays have been happy and fun smile

oooggs Sun 15-Apr-12 19:19:56

Yes leaky, my dh wink but he is far from 5 even though he acts it sometimes wink

Bramshott Mon 16-Apr-12 09:13:05

Racing past to wish William, Joe, Harry, George and everyone who's had a birthday over the weekend a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

So much to do this morning, but the sun is shining and the kids are back to school so it's going to be an efficient day!

Glad George and Iris's party went well Leaky. Happy Birthday too to Mr Oooggs!

Happy Birthday to all the April '07 babies.

Erin had a small birthday party at a craft cafe a friend owns. We did biscuit decorating, bracelet/necklace making and colouring/stamping/sticking as well as pass the parcel and food. It was nice as she's been a bit overwhelmed by the previous (larger) parties we've had.

Cazboldy Glad your OU course is going well. Mine is too but am overlapping two modules atm and it's a LOT of work, especially as Orla seems to be almost dropping her afternoon nap.

Hope everyone is well!

Bramshott Wed 18-Apr-12 08:57:27

Good to see you Crafty - glad Erin had a good day.

leakyR Wed 25-Apr-12 10:41:24

My April '09 had a lovely birthday yesterday. Iris is 3! We had a quiet family tea and met up with some of her pals in the afternoon.
I love the dc madly but am so pleased that birthdays are done for another 12 months!grin

oooggs Thu 26-Apr-12 19:32:32

I am with you there leaky. After dts have had their birthday it is ds1 in December. But there is something good about having them in the same month or two!!!

oooggs Sat 05-May-12 21:18:24

hello!!!

leakyR Sun 06-May-12 20:44:56

Aah everyone has disappeared again sad Hope you're all having a lovely loooong weekend.

oooggs Sat 12-May-12 19:35:13

Just thought I would pop in with a weekly post wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now