Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

A new place to chat about our beautiful babies growing and playing

(979 Posts)
KLou111 Thu 23-Feb-12 17:56:38

A new place to meet ladies smile

lizandlulu Sat 02-Feb-13 15:06:13

My kitchen was from howdens and am so far pretty pleased with it. It's mums kitchen were looking for for her new house they are building next to mine, we went to wren, but nothing really caught her eye. She's just looking around to see what sort of thing she likes.

KLou111 Mon 04-Feb-13 16:01:35

Do you realise this thread is almost a year old??? Been trading some of the earlier posts......where are those babies sad

Just been sorting Euans clothes from when he was born up to 12-18 months as I just chucked them all in the spare cupboard. I was a bit upset, but I was very proud of myself for not crying. It doesn't seem 5 minutes he was in some of them sad

He was up at 5.45 this morning, am totally knackered, he couldn't breathe as he has a cold because of his teeth, wish they'd all hurry up!!

How are we anyway?

KLou111 Mon 04-Feb-13 16:02:03

*reading not trading!!

lizandlulu Mon 04-Feb-13 17:16:11

Are you keeping the clothes klou? I got rid of loads of lulus baby clothes, kept a couple of bits that I loved, then when she was about a year old I decided to keep them all just in case my next baby was a girl ,and she was! So now violets got boxes and boxes of clothes to wear. I don't buy very much new stuff for her at all. A lot of it she just wears for nursery tho as it does look dated!

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Mon 04-Feb-13 17:48:18

Poppy's only in 9-12 stuff still! She's even still got a couple of 6-9 bits that she wears! She has a denim skirt and a pair of shorts that she's been wearing for over a year and they still fit with no sign of getting too small! She hardly wears anything 12+. She's such a dainty little thing smile

KLou111 Mon 04-Feb-13 18:23:08

I don't know what to do with them. I kind of want to keep them just in case we have another as loads are white vests and sleepsuits that he hardly wore!!
Then there's the hats, bloody loooooads of hats!!

He's in 18-24 Mel and some of his tops are getting a bit small/short, but think he'll be in them for a few months yet (he's already got a new 2-3 wardrobe ready!!)

Iwish Mon 04-Feb-13 19:23:43

Joshua is in 9-12 and a few 12-18 now. And size 5 shoes lol. His feet look like little canoes haha!!

We have kept literally everything of Joshua's. it's all neatly folded and put in vacuum bags in the loft for if baby no2 is a boy. A few bits will do for a a girl, mostly babygrows and vests.

I can't believe how long we have all been chatting. I remember us getting our bfps and then us sharing our birth stories etc.

KLou111 Mon 04-Feb-13 19:32:10

I've put Euans in vac bags too. Even if we don't have another, I don't think I could bear to get rid quite just yet.
Joshua has teeny feet iwish! Euans first shoes were 5.5, one of them was 4.5, obviously both 5.5 shoe though, but both 6 now.

Poor little fella is knackered, just fell asleep in my arms while I was reading. He fell asleep for about an hour at 11 in the buggy for the first time in about 8 months while we were walking Bella this morning and then awake all day since.

I remember our bfps like yesterday!! Scary!!

Iwish Mon 04-Feb-13 19:56:46

Joshua's first shoes were crawlers and they were a 3!

Awww bless him falling asleep in the pram. Bet he was tired getting up at that time.

Joshua has been waking a few times a night crying then going strait back to sleep but obv waking me up in the process.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Mon 04-Feb-13 21:32:03

Poppys first shoes were a 2.5 (one of her feet was a 2!!), and she's now a 3.5.

Simons cousin has found out she's having a baby girl so she'll be having Poppys old stuff. I'm not too upset about it because most of her clothes were second hand anyway.

KLou111 Mon 04-Feb-13 22:23:16

Must be something in the air iwish!
Thankfully he's not waking in the night, but could do with him sleeping later again.
Just nipped in his room and he hasn't moved, so obviously pooped
Off to bed, knackered! Night x

Iwish Tue 05-Feb-13 07:55:09

He's been waking for a few weeks now, drives me crazy. He woke me about 1:30 then 5:45 then up did the day at 6:55. Wish he didn't get up till 8:00-8:30 like he used to a couple of months ago!

Well we have snow again. Not too much but still enough. I'm supposed to be going to my friends today so it better be ok to drive in!

Are you not having another mel?

How did Euan sleep klou?

KLou111 Tue 05-Feb-13 09:09:47

Awake at 5.55 bleugh!!!
I went into bed with him so Rob could sleep. Euan did not stop moving for an hour so went and got the iPad and he sat watching it til 8 so I got another hour smile The joy of him having a single bed lol!

Meant to be going into the houses today as need to paint a bit, and Euey going to the in laws. Robs just said lets go Thursday as I must be knackered.
My mum and dad are having him then, overnight too, so will be less rushed as Euan has swimming at 4.45 this aft.
Think I'll be knackered then too, but at least not so rushed.
Going to go into leamington spa for a mooch I think as is only down the road, and robs mum and dad on the way.

No snow here thank god!! Sunny smile

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Tue 05-Feb-13 10:34:08

He's in a bed already Klou? Poppy isn't getting a bed until she can climb out of the cot grin

We have about 3mm of snow, most of it's melted already!

No Iwish, Poppy is staying an only. I am, however, going to have another baby at some point. Just not ours. I'm looking into being a surrogate smile

Iwish Tue 05-Feb-13 14:21:51

Bloody hell that's early klou!! Bet you will be knackered by 6pm lol.

Wow mel! That's an amazing thing to do. I admit I couldn't do it.

Bloody snowing still. Getting heavier and the roads havnt been gritted. Great confused

KLou111 Tue 05-Feb-13 14:26:16

I thought about surrogacy Mel, as robs bro and wife had never conceived but he wasn't interested in ivf so I didn't mention it, and Rob wasn't keen.
I met a surrogate at toddlers last weds, had 2 kids and carrying for her best friend as been trying since she had her 1st who's now 6! Think it's lovely.

Yes Euan been in a bed since 4th Jan as too big for his cot. After 3 weeks he learnt he was free so could escape so put him in the cot for a night again but all night he was banging, so have taken the side off his cot, put it at the base of his mattress and the cot is pushed up to the side with his changing table. Top and other side against the walls. He loves it now as it's still his cot, but bigger smile
Will get him a bed base in a few months., just mattress for now.

lizandlulu Tue 05-Feb-13 17:19:14

Wow mel, that's a big thing!!! Who's it for?

Well our kids must all be on the same wave length. Sunday violet was up st 6.45. Kept crying so had to bloody get up with her. Not acceptable!!

And she's started going to bed fine, then shouting me for ages after. She's done it a few times now. I go to her if she starts crying slot, but other than that, generally leave her to it. I'm not starting them games :/

KLou111 Tue 05-Feb-13 18:21:17

Well, had a fantabulous day!!

Went into leamington with hubby, had a goooorgeous lunch at Wagamama (noodle bar), came home after a mooch, did my ironing, took Euan swimming which he loved, and he has just eaten every single morsal on his plate for dinner.

Now just need a lie in tomorrow and all will be perfect smile

I don't blame you Liz ignoring is best!!

lizandlulu Tue 05-Feb-13 18:32:44

Ohh I'm well jell! I always wanted to go in Wagamama, but whenever we come across one, I'm always with someone who says 'nah I don't fancy it' next time I'm going to say, well sod you, you go sit in McDonald's next door till I come out smile

KLou111 Wed 06-Feb-13 13:32:40

Would def recommend it Liz. We love oriental food, so absolutely worth a visit if you are.
Yeah, tell your friends to go to maccy d's lol!!
We went for my birthday lunch in November and not been back since as never had a chance. We said yesterday we should go more often.

Totally knackered, had another 5.45 wake up call. Left him to cry this morning, was off and on crying til 8 when Rob got him up.
I have read today to put him to bed earlier if they are waking earlier as he may be overtired therefore go into a deep sleep too early hence wake early. Will try 6.30 tonight in that case.
He's just woke up, only had an hour!!

KLou111 Wed 06-Feb-13 13:33:44

Rob went and got him at 7 not 8 lol!

lizandlulu Wed 06-Feb-13 16:19:21

Yes that does make sense, although its not violets cause. She's still going to be around 6 althought it is more half 6 most days and she shouts me for quite a while before she goes to sleep, then wakes dead early anyway. She woke this morning about 6, shouted me but I. Ignored her nd she went back off. But it's every morning now and peeing me off!!

I could try putting her to be later, I'm sure she would be fine till maybe half 7. But then that's half my evening gone. I don't care if I sound selfish, she's going to be going to bed later as she gets older, but 6-6.30 suits us fine at the min. She an shout all she wants!!

KLou111 Wed 06-Feb-13 16:54:55

Ha ha, know what you mean about then evening gone. Euan goes at 7 although sometimes 7.30, by the time we've eaten etc it can be 8.30/9!

He's going at 6.30 sharp tonight, I've just put the blackout stuff back on his glass so it's darker too!! Fingers crossed (again).
He's at my mum and dads tomorrow overnight so at least we get a lie in Friday!!

KLou111 Wed 06-Feb-13 18:34:53

Omg, I'm sat down by 6.30 - unheard of!!
I made a stew so I ate with Euan. No crying from the little man either (yet!!) grin

KLou111 Wed 06-Feb-13 22:24:32

What a long night lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now