Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

A new place to chat about our beautiful babies growing and playing

(979 Posts)
KLou111 Thu 23-Feb-12 17:56:38

A new place to meet ladies smile

KLou111 Wed 30-Jan-13 17:22:26

Yes it's such a pain isn't it, gone are the days you took going out for granted!!

I've had a really good day today despite being up most of the night!
Euan woke crying at 2.30, I heard his heater around 3 and he went off. 3.10 he started again and at 3.30 i to give him calpol and the poor little man had been sick! Not sure if he'd made himself sick through crying or crying cos he'd been sick. Anyway, was crying on and off til 6.30 when I finally went and got him, totally exhausted!!

However, we made toddlers, went to mum and dads after and Euan was so tired so he went to bed (in single bed, fine!!) Then Rob was going out so came home to drop off car and walked back down, then went to town for the afternoon and got him some new shoes, which my dad pushed me out the way (literally) to pay for them awww. They lovely, like deck shoes so will be fab for holiday. He's a 6f now.

Been a great day, just hope Euan sleeps tonight!
I've put his bed back in but took the side off the cot and put it at the base of his mattress jammed by the chair, then the cot at the side with his changing table so he can't get out but his cot is there too.
Also got him a fleecy onesie to go over his pjs when I take him out of his bag. Fingers crosses this works, can't be any worse!!!!

lizandlulu Wed 30-Jan-13 18:15:03

I use the fleecy ones, just over a vest. They keep her snugly and warm, and I don't know if it's just me, or coencidence, but she always seems to sleep better in one of those than in her pyjamas. Fingers crossed for you for tonight!

6f!!! Big footed little man!!! Violets in a 5f.

Has he been ok today?

I think we are going to benidorm in the feb half term, which is only 2 weeks away, just me kids, mum and mother in law. Going to book it tomorrow. I had been looking and pricing it up today but had to wait for mil to confirm.

Hiya mel, how's you and poppy?

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Wed 30-Jan-13 18:33:14

We're fine thanks Liz, I hope you're all well? Probably going to Manchester hospital again this weekend if we can get MIL to have Poppy.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Wed 30-Jan-13 19:02:44

Oh shit I've just realised, you don't know do you? Thread here.

KLou111 Wed 30-Jan-13 19:46:40

Hi Mel, sorry didn't see your post, it was the last one on my page before the next.
I can't click on the link, my phone is shite!
Hope all ok.

Well Euan fell asleep in my arms. Fingers tightly crossed!! I've got a banging head and feel a bit sick as I'm that tired!!

He's been fine today bar when I got to mum and dads as he was tired. I'm not bloody surprised!!

Oooo hol sounds fab!! I assume you all get on then. Sounds great, be nice to have a break. I hate booking a long time in advance, it takes aaaaaages to get here!!
We're going half term, for some reason it was £10 each cheaper! Not that it mattered too much lol! It's a kids resort we're going to so it'll be kids kids kids regardless of when we went anyway (hence we booked a private swim up room!!!)

KLou111 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:11:40

Me again, not sure how you book it (package or separate) but if you happen to book Thomson or first choice, promo code 33000 will get you £30 off before end Jan. Friend works for them told me x

lizandlulu Wed 30-Jan-13 21:48:35

Is that to see your brother? How is he?

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Wed 30-Jan-13 22:18:28

He's much better than he was Liz, he's responding to questions and stuff now by moving his head which is great considering just over 3 weeks ago we were sat around waiting for him to die.

Klou to cut a long story short my brother was stabbed 15 times by his step brother on 29th december. Both his lungs collapsed, one started to repair itself but the other one didn't so the repaired one gave up and he was literally hours away from death. Then all of a sudden we were told about this procedure that puts oxygen into the blood without the need for lungs. He's been on it over 3 weeks now and doing brilliantly, his lungs are starting to heal which is fantastic.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Wed 30-Jan-13 22:20:15

This procedure (ECMO it's called) costs 6k a day to run for one patient, so far Davids has cost 144k shock

KLou111 Thu 31-Jan-13 13:52:24

Oh no, glad he's making good progress, must be a really shitty time for you all! What happened to the stepbrother?

God we had a fab night, getting back on track, hoping it stays that way. A week of interrupted sleep has near enough killed us!! We got all the way through to 7.15, which is earlier than normal, but better than the last week!! smile

lizandlulu Thu 31-Jan-13 17:27:07

144 grand!!!! Blimey!!! Why did he stab him in the first place? I'm glad he's getting better. Sounds like its going to be a slow process but at least he is getting better.

And Yey for Euan! Good lad!!

Oh nd I booked benidorm today, thanks for the tip klou. But I booked it with travel republic. They were recommended to me from someone on here about 6 years ago and have booked with them ever sinc,ee, they always beat travel agents prices.

Going Monday 18th feb till the Friday. It will be violets 3rd time there!

KLou111 Thu 31-Jan-13 17:43:51

Yey!!! We've used travel republic before, I think for Euans 1st time to tenerife. We had to book with first choice this time as it's their resort so you can't book anywhere else.
You've got to get them holidays in for violet quick before you've got to pay!

lizandlulu Thu 31-Jan-13 18:34:20

I know!!! Sometimes I would rather her have her own seat tho! It's like having a box of frogs on your knee. I am dreading the flight, although fingers crossed, she might sleep for most of it. Here's hoping. I couple of times when lulu was small we managed to get on a half empty flight and she's had her own seat, but doubt we would, that's just too lucky.

I am so looking forward to her playing on the beach tho, last time in October she was only just walking

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Thu 31-Jan-13 19:23:36

We're not sure yet Liz, something to do with my brothers wife (seperated) but we haven't actually got a solid reason why yet.

The step brother has been charged with attempted murder and remanded in custody until the trial starts sometime in March.

It seems that all you 2 do is go on bloody holiday grin

KLou111 Thu 31-Jan-13 19:37:09

Sounds a right fucking tit Mel!! Hope your brother is out of hospital as soon as!

Liz Euan loves sand, so much so in tenerife he bloody got a handful and put it in his mouth, bloody goon!
We managed to get a seat both ways for Egypt last year, was fantastic but tenerife this time he did and there was a kid behind winding him up so didn't sleep til the last hour.
Absolutely DREADING these flights, but Robs going to charge the iPad fully so he's got something to watch or it'll be 5 hours of hell!!

Mel this'll be the last one before Euan is 2, got a busy year coming up as Rob wants to buy more houses, so will have to be here. Also hoping we get a proper summer!!

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Thu 31-Jan-13 19:44:33

You're all either mad, brave or have little angels that sit quietly for hours. Poppy doesn't stop from the minute she wakes up to the minute she goes to bed. She literally does not stop moving. She'll tolerate being in her highchair for lunch and tea but as soon as she's finished and cleaned up she wants out! She's 19 months going on 19 years with her attitude hmm

lizandlulu Thu 31-Jan-13 20:20:28

No mine doesn't stop either, she won't actually sit in her highchair! She stands in the seat leaning back, I do hope social services aren't keeping tabs on these threads or I will be in trouble ;)

And she won't watch telly either so it's not something that will interest her, I am just going to pack her favourite books, baby doll, stickers. She does like pens and paper, but even all these things, she won't do anything for any length of time.

Rob wants to buy more houses!!! It must be so brilliant to be in that position! Do you use a letting agency to sort it all? Years ago Chris wanted to buy A house to let but decided it would be too much trouble. We don't know enough about it to do it. I spose you learn along the way tho.

KLou111 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:04:12

No, we ARE the letting agency, that's what we do. Winds me up though sometimes as Rob's always on call even if we don't hear anything for months. When you've got 34 tenants, you're always on edge that someone will contact you about some shit (usually about other tenants!) We are Gamesons Lettings.......(and Son eventually hopefully!) but only run Robs brothers house and our houses (9 inc ours, he wants 10 lets, so 11. Hoping for 15+ when Euan is 'of age' then we can retire 100% or sell if he's not interested). Maybe will start managing other houses once Euan's at school.

It's funny how they are with tv. Euan never sat still for more than 10 mins, but we used to have tv on after his dinner for an hour in the background before bathtime. Then he watched the iPad until it died on the plane home last time and now he actually watches it.

It's not easy Mel but so worth it! Euan loves being outside so on holiday he's in his element! His little armbands and car floaty came today smile But he is such a fidget, and because he's so big, it's like having a 2-3 year old on your lap!!

Ditto with the standing eating Liz!! I have to clip him into his seat or he'd be on the table!! Lol with s/s!!

lizandlulu Fri 01-Feb-13 07:43:31

So you own the houses, and deal with all the crap yourselves? I just assumed that you owned the houses, but went through an agency and let hem deal ith it, lthough I know you have to pay them a percentage. I know,ci live in my own little bubble!!!
Don't you always have someone ringing up saying, I've got a leaky Tap, a pipes burst, kitchen door broke??? But then I spose it's only a call tow plumber or joiner to get it sorted and you can do that yourself.

KLou111 Fri 01-Feb-13 08:40:24

No, we do everything. We've got friends who we can pay for the big stuff ie plumbing, plastering, carpentry, cleaning etc, but we do everything else like painting, sorting furniture, leaky tap smile etc. We had a manager who was a friend while we were in Wales who was our eyes, but he's moved now. Letting agencies for multi let houses are really expensive, do jack shit and would end up on the phone to you anyway.

We got 7.50 this morning grin

lizandlulu Fri 01-Feb-13 09:23:40

Hmm yes I do get it now!

I had the best night sleep in aaaggggeeessss, might have something to do ei the fact Chris was in the spare bed! I went to bed before him, and straight to sleep, didn't wake till this mornings alarm at 7. I didn't think he had been in our bed nd I asked him, he slept in the spare bed cause its too cold in our room, and he felt poorly. Wimp

KLou111 Fri 01-Feb-13 12:52:13

I'd send him in there more often lol!!

lizandlulu Sat 02-Feb-13 08:25:39

Any plans for the weekend anyone? I am looking at kitchens with me mum today, coffee too somewhere along the way, then a kids party tomorrow. My life is not my own.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Sat 02-Feb-13 09:11:27

DO NOT BUY A KITCHEN FROM B&Q!!!!!! We did that and it was the biggest mistake ever. We built a kitchen extension last year and I picked the gorgeous gloss red kitchen that B&Q do, the first delivery we got all the boxes were in lovely pristine condition but over half of the stuff in them (18 boxes of door and drawer fronts 10 were sent back, 3 lengths of kickboard and 2 were sent back, 2 corner posts both were sent back and they sent the wrong handles!) had to be sent back because it was so damaged. Door and drawer fronts had actually been packed with chunks missing, one drawer front had a cut all the way down the front from a stanley knife! We just kept getting sent damaged stuff, we ended up receiving about 15 deliveries until we finally got stuff that wasn't damaged. It was bloody ridiculous. Not just us though, the staff who worked in our local one actually said to us 'Yeah we really wouldn't recommend B&Q kitchens if we didn't work here.' shock 2 of the managers had received loads of damaged bits too!!

My weekend will be spent mostly at home. This morning we're taking Poppy for her 2nd haircut sad then Simon is going to lie on the sofa for the rest of the day and barely move until he has to go out gritting again. He's a fully fledged gritter driver now and he was out last night and probably tonight too!

KLou111 Sat 02-Feb-13 11:45:13

We had a crown kitchen Liz in Wales, was really great quality, would recommend smile Doors and cupboards were thicker and more substantial than most places we looked, and not too much more expensive.
We need to change the doors on our kitchen as all the fronts are lifting, cheap shit! It's only 6 years old!!

We have a day and night off today. Just letting a tenant in now, meant to be having a meeting this afternoon re buying more houses, but got to this house and their boiler has gone off, fan friggin tastic! Called off meeting and am sitting twiddling my thumbs (and on here) while Rob sorts it.
Going to watch the rugby at 4, and staying out for the night, maybe a kebab or curry later.
Got to get Euan before lunch, then party for robs nans 93rd birthday tomorrow pm smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now