Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2011 - Let the food fight begin!

(823 Posts)
Loopymumsy Fri 09-Sep-11 21:34:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

happypotamus Mon 30-Apr-12 17:00:47

Haha, then on Sunday she felt better and didn't have a temperature anymore but came out in a rash that started on her face and gradually spread over the rest of her. I wasn't overly worried as she was well with it, but then someone said maybe it is chicken pox. I don't know how to tell if it is or not. I went to work last night and she played DH up and wouldn't sleep. I haven't seen her yet today, as he took her to my in-laws, which he probably shouldn't have if she might have chicken pox. The rash wasn't itchy. Isn't chicken pox always really itchy? <clutching at straws here> Obviously nursery won't take her tomorrow though if she has an unexplained rash, so no sleep for me.

All my posts seem to be about how DD is ill, which is probably not very interesting for anyone. Sorry about that.

Justtrying Mon 30-Apr-12 18:30:26

happy don't worry about offloading here, we all understand, just being able to have a moan keeps us all slightly more sane.
I'm enjoying my days off, dh has finally agreed to move, so off viewing houses 100 miles away tomorrow and tidying ours up on wednesday ready for estate agent to take pictures to put ours on the market on friday. i'm back to work on thursday and start 3 weeks from hell. must stop typing and give dd her bottle, is anyone else already missing waybaloo? :-)

happypotamus Tue 01-May-12 10:11:04

I've been awake since 4pm yesterday and can't sleep until bedtime tonight. I've just noticed that we have no formula milk left. DD will have to drink cows' milk or nothing this afternoon then. 6 months ago we were having a hard time trying to get her to start drinking formula and now I am struggling to get her to have cows' milk instead. She isn't impressed even though she has always had it on cereals etc.
The rash is almost gone though, so hopefully nursery will take her tomorrow. It wasn't chicken pox then, thankfully.

soandsosmum Fri 04-May-12 14:51:48

My DD has a runny nose and a cough which made her vomit 5x last night. Tired and so much washing to do sad

Loopyloveschocolate Mon 07-May-12 08:46:59

happypotamus Mon 07-May-12 09:16:13

Loopy Thanks for the info. It wasn't chicken pox. I don't know what it was, but it was all gone by Tuesday after which she developed another wheezy cough. I had been wondering if you were ok. I forgot you were going away. It sounds like a challenging trip. I hope there were some good bits too.

Loopyloveschocolate Mon 07-May-12 11:47:12

cowboylover Thu 10-May-12 21:56:54

Hello all

Loopy I hope you are all rested after your trip.

DH had a great long weekend away and I enjoyed time here just with DD, got my head straight and worked out what I needed to say to him and time away made him want to listen so a result grin

Had a break in at the house we rent out that was empty so busy weekend sorting that out hopefully to get a tenant in there as soon as we can.

happypotamus Fri 11-May-12 08:13:32

We've had a good week so far, as DD hasn't been ill for a change. Next week I am off work, and somehow my parents have persuaded me to bring DD to visit my sister with them. They are staying all week, but I wanted to see DH at some point during my week off so DD and I will go with them on Sunday and come home on Wednesday. That's great except I don't drive and my sister lives hundreds of miles away so we will have to come home on the train. DD and I on the train for 4hrs and I can only take very little to entertain her because I have to carry everything and her and won't have a pushchair. Wish me luck with that!!

Hello all, Not been on MN for an age and am very sorry to have lost contact with the thread and everybody on it. Happy birthday to all the lo's who have had birthdays so far and for those to come over the next few weeks. I cannot believe that this time a year ago I was truly fed up of being pg and organising to meet jbrd for an overdue moan smile

Life in the monkey household has been v interesting of late as we are preparing to relocate back to Wales in three weeks time. Very excited but daunted at the same time. DS is a hilarious character, he started walking on Wednesday and is staggering around the place in a very comedic fashion.

I really hope everybody is doing ok and enjoying their almost toddlers!

Lots of love x

Loopyloveschocolate Sat 12-May-12 06:08:52

clarabella18 Sat 12-May-12 10:32:11

Happy birthday babyloopy

Waves to running and cowboy.
Train journeys aren't too bad at this age it's when they get to full on toddler stage that they are a nightmare!

Nothing much to report here, just plodding on. DS2 not walking yet but getting very speedy at cruising round the furniture and we've had a couple of very wobbly let go's!
Have dragged my sewing machine out the loft and have been getting in the crafty mood. My aim is to eventually be good enough to make my own onbag. Will get there slowly but surely!
Ds2 still fighting back carries in the sling which makes me feel a bitsad

DA1 had his first brush with crime last week. Someone stole his school bag from the park. Lost his bag, lunchbox, coat, gym kit and school books. He was quite upset bless him, especially when he realised that I would need to buy him all new stuff so he offered to pay for them out of his savings account. Made me well up! ( I didnt make him pay obviouslywink!)

Justtrying Sun 13-May-12 14:10:22

Hi everyone, just a quick post before I leave for work again.

clarabella Hope your DA isn't too traumatised about the theft, scumbags pinching a schoolbag angry

Its really getting me down being away so much for work, but on the flip side we go on hols 2 weeks today, away for dd's birthday and i'm part time when we get back, hoorah. How long it will last I don't know, we have decided to move closer to work so trying to sell our house at present, dh will be retired and whether we can manage on my part time wages is the question. I think we've found a new house which we are waiting to find out if part exchange is possible, if not i hope it's still available once ours is sold. The added stress of moving isn't ideal given everything we are "coping" with at present, but it should make things better in the long run, just hope dh finds something to do in the new location so he's not bored.

Hope all the birthdays are going well. TC

BizzeeBee Wed 16-May-12 20:41:12

Hello! Really struggling here juggling work, motherhood and being a domestic goddess at the moment. I have given up on being a domestic goddess at the moment, and quite relived that MIL is very kindly putting on DS's birthday do on Sunday. Brain is broken at the moment. I think it needs some mint choc chip ice cream now to make it better. grin

DS is still not walking or crawling, but he's wanting to stand all the time.

Hope you're all having happy birthdays. smile

clarabella18 Tue 29-May-12 21:28:49

Hello ladies.

Hope you've all been enjoying your little ones first birthdays. It's amazing how quickly this first year has gone.

We should have a cross painted on the door at the moment. Ds2 has had and is still suffering from a particularly nasty virus which has been going on for the last week. I've got laryngitis and ds1 is suffering really badly with his hayfever. An just keeping fingers crossed that we are all feeling better for the weekend and my mum and dad are due to come up fr a visit and we can't be passing anything on to my dad with him still undergoing chemo. Only 7 more treatment left for him thoughgrin

Ds2 was due his MMR today but the health visitor decided not to give him it die to him being poorly, spared the nasty needle for another month!

juneau Thu 07-Jun-12 12:46:04

A belated Happy Birthday to all the May babies!

DS2 turned one on 10th May and had his first haircut today as it was all hanging in his eyes and a mum at the park the other day 'oh look, that little girl is waiting for the swings' so I decided it was time for the chop. He looks so grown up now - not like a little baby any more sad

He's taken a couple of steps, but isn't walking yet, is into absolutely everything (loves emptying my wallet - which drives me crackers if I'm honest), and is unbelievably clingy. If I leave the room for two seconds he wails as if the world was ending. He's bloody gorgeous though grin

brillopads Sun 10-Jun-12 21:33:02

I am finding refuge from the football here on MN! (Normally DH says to me at, like, 10pm - "do you want to use the laptop?" and my brain is too mushy to be bothered to have to concentrate again)

juneau Haircut?? My DD must be putting her energy into other things as she has been walking since March-ish, but the hair isn't growing at all. I can't imagine her with long girly hair.

happypotamus Sun 17-Jun-12 08:10:52

For some crazy reason DH and I thought it would be a good idea to get some kittens so yesterday 2 came to live with us. They are lovely and very friendly, but I already had a 13mo making mischief and she thinks the cats have come to play with her. Yesterday a kitten ate her left-over lunch (omelette and tomatoes!), then DD and cats played with the cat toys and knocked all the magnets off the fridge. Then one cat sat down and tried to sleep and DD got out all her toys and put them down next to him. It was very cute, but it is a bit like having another 2 toddlers, who are eating things off the floor that they shouldn't eat, playing with things that aren't toys, pushing everything off the surfaces etc etc but also very cute and snuggly.

cowboylover Sun 01-Jul-12 21:14:19

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? I know it's been quiet here recently and sorry I have not been checking in more. Felicity was really grumpy and not very well after her injections and had an upset tummy but lots better now except she wants milk off me all the time and I now feel ready to stop so cue screaming fits and showing off which I am having real trouble dealing with so any tips? Thanks 

cowboylover Sun 16-Sep-12 22:58:24

Please not an echo!

Where is everyone? Miss you x

BizzeeBee Sat 22-Sep-12 20:38:18

I think we're mostly on FB!

Justtrying Mon 24-Sep-12 14:07:37

I'm not on facebook, was thinking the same cowboy, not that i've been mumsnetting much, just too busy with dd and Dh's grandson who is now a permanent feature at ours, after gaining residency in june. Hence we have'nt been able to move closer to work as we can't disprupt his GCSEs, he's just started year 10. We are however moving once the're finished.

Has anyone moved their lo into a proper bed yet? Have spent the day rearranging dd's room today and tonight is the first night, any tips for an easy transistion?

DD is great has settled in her nursery after a bad time at the first one, chosen at short notice as my mum had a heart attack, doing ok now, but understandably unable to look after a very active toddler. DD has a mouth full of teeth, last few molars coming through and then hopefully sleep might improve, she hasn't slept through for months. Is starting to try and run and flys upstairs, not safe enough coming down on her own yet though.

Must go, meeting dh for a quiet drink before picking dd up from nursery, its not often i get a break but she does 2/3 days a week and we have decided to keep the continuity even if my shifts mean i'm off weekdays, so i've enjoyed getting jobs done and baked some corgette and cheddar muffins for her tea.

Hope everyone is well.

JBrd Mon 31-Dec-12 22:46:44

It's been very quiet here... Wishing you all a happy & healthy New Year! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now