Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2011 - Let the food fight begin!

(823 Posts)
Loopymumsy Fri 09-Sep-11 21:34:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brillopads Mon 12-Sep-11 21:27:37

Footy on TV, DD down for the night= me on MN <now wait, where's that ice cream hehe>

Marking my place on this new thread-nice to see you's all over on FB smile

Loopymumsy Mon 12-Sep-11 21:59:55

pistachio Mon 12-Sep-11 22:17:13

loopy my DD adored parent council a few weeks back- she sat and watched silently the whole time, had some milk, threw up then we headed home. Everyone cooed over how good she is. She is angelic in public, loves an audience grin.

BizzeeBee Tue 13-Sep-11 05:42:21

At In laws feeding ds with right hand and typing on phone with left hand. First flight with ds went well. He has been really good with seeing the relatives pretending that he's a little angel.

Not expecting to wean for a couple of months yet. He has 5 x 180ml bottles a day at the moment. Whats the obsession with the uk giving baby feeds in fl oz? Other than pints of milk and baby weights I thought everything is now metric (perhaps answering my own question there). I'm not that young and i never learnt about fl oz at school.

Loopymumsy Tue 13-Sep-11 05:54:29

Loopymumsy Tue 13-Sep-11 05:59:33

Bonkerz Tue 13-Sep-11 07:02:27

Normally I'm the most organised person but I'm trying to set the house up ready for development officer to come round and get me registered to be a Childminder and I'm running two toddler groups, looking after nephew two afternoons a week and helping set up an autism coffee group as well as starting my counselling for the pnd lmao. I really need yo learn to say NO!!!!!

Took max swimming again yesterday. He absolutely loves it!!!

Max has also gone into 6-9 month clothes. We have been doing the charity shop rounds and have got some fab bargains. Carboots are brill too! Just sold my buggy and got a new one, can see this becoming an addiction!!!!!

cowboylover Tue 13-Sep-11 10:03:51

The wind is crazy here, I need sails on my pushchair! I could go a lot further then as it now I can only just about get up the street.

Last night DD fell asleep on our bed so I put pillows around the edge to stop her falling off then when we came to bed I feed her again and she went straight in her crib! Im really trying to get a natural routine to the day eg getting up, loud time, quiet time and bed time as I didn't realise till I thought about it we have no structure at all so it might help me as well with the diet plan.

Pistachio smile perfect. We are going to Cornwall in October for half term so this will be great. ordered.

Wish me luck next week. One of the city councillors has asked me to go with him to a meeting as I've done a ton of research into the issue. Will be taking DD2 with me. it isn't the feeding that's such an issue as her massive belches that sound like a hairy trucker grin. We were at a restaurant a few weeks ago and she let out a huge one, and the people at the next table couldn't believe that such a sound could come out of such a small body....

Gah, I am so tired! Sebastian used to wake once in the night, but now seems to be back in newborn stage, and wakes a lot. I am pretty sure its his teeth (well, tooth...) and it doesn't help that he sticks his fingers in his mouth and bites really hard, hurting his fingers. He is outgrowing his crib, DD's still in our cotbed (as a bed) so her bunk bed comes Thursday, so we'll be putting that up and moving the cotbed into our room for him to sleep in that where there is more room.

Went to the second part of the weaning class today which covered second stage food, choking, and cups.

Re measuring... DH gets really wound up because I end up ordering stuff in the wrong measurements grin. liters and oz seem to be my worst... why don't they sell milk in pints anymore?!?!

soandsosmum Wed 14-Sep-11 08:17:56

Yes I've found Next babygrows good size for cloth bums too.

Love that polartec suit! Gonna put that on dds Christmas list smile

Not got much sleep last night. dd did sleep through for over a month but now seems to be rousing earlier eschew night and more than once sad last night was 3 times and she's up now when she user to sleep til 8 sad

Do you have to do anything to counteract sleep regression or is it just a waiting game?

Loopymumsy Wed 14-Sep-11 09:18:19

Crappy nights here too but the days are becoming much more settled. DD back at childminders so DS and I went into town and i had a wander while he slept in the pushchair smile When he woke for a feed I stopped for a large mug of tea and some fruit toast in Starbucks (god their fruit toast is amazing!) but the little monkey was more interested in charming the other people in the cafe than feeding which was slightly embarrassing! DD was never like this, anyone got any tips for a distractible feeder? I took him to the feeding room in john lewis which was miraculously empty and he was still really distracted there looking around at everything. Am sure that's why he feeds so much at night still.

loopy men in tight shorts eh? Sounds good!

pistachio Wed 14-Sep-11 17:30:21

running, been there with my other two- feeding just as they are waking up so before they realise what's happening, or just finding somewhere cosy and quiet. I think i timed DS's feeds to be at home for a month or so at his worst as i just couldn't get him to latch. If all else fails muslin over theiir head grin. It passed when they realised they could feed in 5 mins flat then return to the world.

I was up every hour again last night. Bleugh.

soandsosmum Wed 14-Sep-11 18:05:06

Loopy thanks. TTWP. Good mantra. I wondered about doing a dream feed wd shes started to sleep earlier. Not sure this helps her sleep through though. Any thoughts?

Running - love john Lewis feeding room. We call it the baby palace smile

Loopymumsy Wed 14-Sep-11 20:17:29

pistachio Wed 14-Sep-11 20:41:49

loopy on 'threads i'm on' that reads 'mine rolled over today running tour of britain' and i thought WTF is that delusional woman on about?! Babies can't run...

clarabella18 Wed 14-Sep-11 21:09:12

2nd lot of immunisation yesterday and he's been fine again thank goodness! After mondays screamfest I really don't think I could have coped.

We have been tweaking our feeding and sleeping routine here with great success so far! He was taking 5 x 7oz bottles a day
At roughly four hour intervals but his " night" bottle has been getting later and later from roughly 5ish to 6:30. So the last couple of nights I've only given him a 5oz bottle at tea time an upped the bedtime bottle to a 9oz which has resulted in him going to bed earlier and waking up later, from 9:00 - 7:00grin it's fab, I'm getting more sleep now than i did when I was working!
Sorry to those who aren't getting great sleeps, ds1 was horrendous till he was about 3 so i can empathise honest!

Was at weight watchers today, another pound off, that's 6 in two weeksgrin quiet day in tomorrow then running beavers tomorrow night and then sling meet on Friday, think I'm getting "woven wrap" curious! Hmm could be an expensive habit waiting to develop!

Loopymumsy Wed 14-Sep-11 21:25:19

clarabella18 Wed 14-Sep-11 21:48:13

Haha loopy I'll be sure to use the word "investment" when I tell DP. Either that or just bare faced lie!

pinkgirlythoughts Thu 15-Sep-11 08:19:58

DS only woke up three times during the night- doesn't sound great, but for us it's fab! He also spent the entire night in his cot for the first time in weeks (usually ends up in our bed between 5 and 6am!). I went to bed when he did at 8.30, and I think I've managed about 8 hours' sleep in total. Woke up with a banging headache from all the extra sleep, though!

I've been given a second hand Freedom Sling, but with no instructions, and their website is down, so still can't actually use it at the moment sad

running, I usually find putting a muslin over DS's head, or failing that, putting my top over his head, stops the nosiness when we're feeding out and about.

pistachio Thu 15-Sep-11 09:35:15

pinkgirly, i think i did 3 feeds plus the 7am one when she goes back down but i don't. I do feel better this morning, even though we didn't get to bed til 11. Nice sunny day ahead which always helps.

Woven wrap really good clarabella, mine was only £60 new. Like it more now that i've got fast enough to stop DD2 climbing out while i wrap it. She still screams in any form of transportation device which is irritating, as i can't use the sling in the house as she makes so much noise. She only quietens down once we're out somewhere busy. Will you go to the october sling meet in town? I may bring my whole troupe along to that one, damn the school holidays!

clarabella18 Thu 15-Sep-11 10:20:09

He protests about going in the MT at first too sometimes. Canbe embarrassing when out and about and everyone staring! blush
Ooh yeah the October one looks great very interested in the thulamama stuff as ds2 loves it when I sing to him (he must be tone deaf!) it's not October week for my schools though so will only be me ad he little one

Thanks for the tips ladies, will try the muslin over head job next time I'm out. Interestingly he has been distracted/fussing at the boob at home too so maybe it's a bit teeth related. I've had to feed him lying in bed all day today which is nice and relaxing for me but not going to be practical when DD is not at her childminder!

Can I just say that I am in total awe of those of you who are on your own or have partners that are regularly away. DH got stuck in London last night so I had to do bath and bed on my own with both DC's for the first time ever. I needed a very large wine afterwards I can tell you! You have my total respect ladies smile

loopy Hope you enjoyed your trip to ogle watch the cycling

I have one really achey boob today, it's not lumpy or hot but just a dull ache. Hope it's not the start of anything.

Put DS in the door bouncer today while i did a bit of cooking and he loved it. Didn't love my dancing to 80s music while I cooked though. He's too young to be embarrassed by me surely!

Uh oh the monster awakes...

omnomnomtom Thu 15-Sep-11 17:00:41

Hello all- quick catch up whilst DS1 watches Beebies

re: sex, not tried it yet here, don't want to wake the baby! However I remember from last time that we used lube whilst I was still bfing and that stopped it being uncomfortable (not sure if lube is ok if you are ttc though- it should be ok I think?

pistachio and loopy will be ordering the GP book, Politics of bfing was fascinating. Have just read Fresh Milk by Fiona Giles which was quite interesting too.

weaning as DS2 ended up being a June baby we are a long way off from that but will be repeating the BLW adventure, so much fun as long as you don't start worrying about the quantities of food they eat (DS1 hardly ate anything for a few weeks)

DS1 keeps rubbing DS2s face with the back of his hand- he is too rough and so keeps waking him up/making him cry. Not sure how to make him stop- have told him not to do it but it's not made any difference, the rest of the time he is very fond of his younger brother. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now