April 22nd TV Debate

(824 Posts)
squirrel42 Mon 19-Apr-10 21:41:29

I'm going along to be in the audience this Thursday for the Sky News TV Debate - it's being filmed in the South West, although it seems we're not supposed to say exactly where for security reasons.

Would people like an official MN behind-the-scenes report afterwards?

Should I break the rules and heckle/cheer loudly at a strategic moment, and if so then when?

If I'm allowed to ask a question should I go "off-script" and ask about biscuits?

Is there anything else I should think about?

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 22-Apr-10 10:11:03

It would be great to hear how the live audience felt it went - so do report back here afterwards.

We're going to be putting a new survey live tonight directly after the debate finishes (you can watch it on Sky News and BBC News and it's also live on Radio 4 and repeated later tonight on BBC at 11.30pm), to find out what everyone thought. I'll put a link to the survey on this thread when it's open.

MNHQ

Squirrel42 Enjoy, and yes please do post the behind the scenes story!!

squirrel42 Thu 22-Apr-10 12:55:04

Well so far I can only report that Bristol is swarming with armed police, helicopters and all sorts! It's all a bit exciting. I've heard there are several groups planning demos for outside the hotel the audience are meeting at and the Arnolfini where the debate is going to be held. Fingers crossed they'll be peaceful and not get out of hand.

Will report more later!

squirrel42 Thu 22-Apr-10 12:55:21

Well so far I can only report that Bristol is swarming with armed police, helicopters and all sorts! It's all a bit exciting. I've heard there are several groups planning demos for outside the hotel the audience are meeting at and the Arnolfini where the debate is going to be held. Fingers crossed they'll be peaceful and not get out of hand.

Will report more later!

squirrel42 Thu 22-Apr-10 12:55:38

D'oh, sorry for the double post.

how exciting.
I do feel a biscuit question is very appropriate, esp if you could combine it with a plea for more help for those mners who are still stuck overseas.

cough twice and sneeze one and we will know it is you. We will call you SecretSquirrel.

squirrel42 Thu 22-Apr-10 13:58:19

I'll be the one in the trenchcoat with the fedora pulled down low over my eyes, looking shifty.

Will that be a Boden trenchcoat and fedora?

CaveMum Thu 22-Apr-10 15:08:11

squirrel42, I take it you are a local (to Bristol) girl? I was born and brought up in Ashton but escaped left 10 years ago.

I've been trying to explain to people here in Suffolk that the TV Journo's have got the pronunciation of the Debate venue wrong - It's not Arnolfini, it's Arnolfin-al!

grin will look foward to trying to spot you. Maybe a secret hand sign too, just in case its tricky.

scottishmummyofone Thu 22-Apr-10 15:35:25

deffo give us a behind the scenes report. Tell us how the candidates behave off camera please if they aren't rushed away...

patienceplease Thu 22-Apr-10 19:43:46

just marking my place.

iamnotaprincess Thu 22-Apr-10 19:46:16

Can we watch the debate live on the computer?

patienceplease Thu 22-Apr-10 19:51:20

I think it is being shown online.
try here

Ewe Thu 22-Apr-10 20:02:36

"Like me or not..."

Bless Gordon Brown.

megcleary Thu 22-Apr-10 20:03:58

would he please not smile (shudder)

Jaquelinehyde Thu 22-Apr-10 20:04:12

Right got the sambuca...I'm going to take a slug everytime DC uses anecdotal evidence.

FabIsGoingToGetFit Thu 22-Apr-10 20:04:28

He gets it.

morningpaper Thu 22-Apr-10 20:04:35

oooh I love this

morningpaper Thu 22-Apr-10 20:05:10

-80 for whoever first mentions a black man

Sabs1981 Thu 22-Apr-10 20:05:13

I'm having to watch online as DH is watching the footie hmm

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 22-Apr-10 20:05:50

Don't know about anyone else - but I'm back thinking of the theme tunes after those opening words. Definitely George Michael I'm your Man for Brown and High School Musical for Cameron.

Jaquelinehyde Thu 22-Apr-10 20:06:08

Oooooh DC looking straight at the camera, stealing tactics from Clegg maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now