So time to register as a labour supporter

(7 Posts)
fryingtoday Tue 12-Jul-16 21:21:08

If you want to have a say on labour's future. Just not now - web-site obviously overwhelmed and cannot get on!

lljkk Tue 12-Jul-16 21:24:50

I did that last yr & most everyone else voted for Corbyn, sigh.

CMOTDibbler Tue 12-Jul-16 21:24:55

I was thinking about that! In my 43 years, I've never had any urge to join a political party, but theres something about Corbyn that makes me want to support him. Just that he seems to actually believe in what he does, and though I might not agree with all his principles, they do seem to actually be his and not going along with what he's told to. A breath of fresh air these days

claig Tue 12-Jul-16 21:49:14

If you join now, I think I heard that it is too late to be able to vote. Check first. Also £3 fee is going up to £25

meddie Tue 12-Jul-16 23:24:05

you also get a vote by joining unite union, it costs £2 to be an affiliate member
Might be a cheaper option for those who have trouble with the £25 labour party fee

SalemsLott Tue 12-Jul-16 23:28:06

Both DH and I are in unison so get to vote.

Misnomer Tue 12-Jul-16 23:28:09

You can still vote if you join now but they are changing the rules so anyone who joined less than six months ago may have to re-register, depending on what kind of membership you currently have. Anyone who has been a member for six months or more automatically has the right to vote.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now