Can't believe English Democrats broadcast!

(50 Posts)
ihatehousework2 Mon 12-May-14 19:09:13

I have just seen this on BBC 1. I think all parties have a right to broadcast but I would ask they put forward a reasonable amount of election policies in their broadcast before they air it! I felt it was just a bit condescending to 'Joe public' because it was a bit basic. Anyone else agree?

claig Tue 13-May-14 12:15:22

ironmaiden999, I think he was born on Palestine, in Lydda, of Greek Christian parents who were subjects of the Roman Empire.

We are fed lots of propaganda about St George by our spinners for political reasons.

Isitmebut Tue 13-May-14 12:15:43

Does 31% of 'the people's' votes for a Ukip MEP on a EU jolly, within a parliament they sneer at and don't want to exist, on a fantastic remuneration package - actually CHANGE BRITISH LAW our EU membership is now enshrined within - as if it can't (and it cannot) then those people are wrong IF that is the reason for voting for Ukip's policies, rather than Farage's gob.

A nice £78k remuneration package for any jobsworth, especially when no one expects you to be constructive in the workplace.

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Tue 13-May-14 12:18:40

Ah, claig, you're back! There were several ukip threads running over the weekend you didn't contribute to. I was worried you were ill. (Or namechanged, but I think we'd recognise you grin)

claig Tue 13-May-14 12:19:48

'A nice £78k remuneration package for any jobsworth, especially when no one expects you to be constructive in the workplace.'

UKIP MEPs only get paid the same salary as any other MEP, and a bonus is that UKIP MEPs are not jobsworths.

Isitmebut Tue 13-May-14 12:21:32

Ask the 31% of voters you mention, how many believe Farage's spin, that Ukip can bring the UK out of the EU - as if the majority of them say they KNOW he cannot, you have a point - but if they believe UKip can, you are worshipping a false god, Claig.

claig Tue 13-May-14 12:22:54

'There were several ukip threads running over the weekend you didn't contribute to'

grin
I saw them, but did not have time to correct all the errors which the shower are aiming to spread amongst the populace. There is just over a week left, and so far, try as they may, the shower is failing and the public will have its say.

ironmaiden999 Tue 13-May-14 12:23:16

Farage has brought the referendum issue to the table, it can no longer be ignored. This was his endgame and he achieved that.

Farage is not a career politician, why on earth would he put up with the barrage of abuse he's had (both verbally and physically, from the thuggish left) if he did not believe we could exit the EU. If he was not sincere?

What's on it for Farage? He's been campaigning for 20 years to get us out
the Octopus they call the EU, he's passionate about that, he genuinely cares about the people of this country, unlike the other three parties who are all a shower of shite, elitist career politicians.

Nothing will stop UKIP's peoples army, onwards and upwards I say!

I will wine to that!

claig Tue 13-May-14 12:29:37

wine and cheers to Farage who is probably downing a pint of something other than milk as we speak!

ironmaiden999 Tue 13-May-14 12:29:53

isitmebut. The false gods' are the following; Cameron, Miliband, Clegg.

Although I must say I would not put Clegg in the arena of a 'man' let alone a god! smile

ironmaiden999 Tue 13-May-14 12:30:34

wine!!!

ironmaiden999 Tue 13-May-14 12:33:12

Claig. UKIP's so popular how on earth can we answer all the questions those on MN are putting out to us! grin

Isitmebut Tue 13-May-14 12:38:31

ironmaiden999 .... The Conservative's pulled themselves apart on this issue in 1997 and Labour's immigration policy and the financial crash in 2007 that PROVED one currency/interest rate was a liability in a crisis - brought this to a head.

If you want to claim Farage did it all, then fine, I'll give him wet kiss credit if he NOW does what is right to get the UK a referendum, which he isn't.

Farage does not have a 326 seat majority in Westminster to even BEGIN the process of changing UK law - he has ZERO seats and this country cannot wait however long it takes for Farage to get a Westminster - and if Farage thinks he CAN get 326 seats in 2015, he's a bigger self serving wally than even I think he is.

Back off allow a 2017 Referendum or ensure the UK does not get a say on our EU Membership for a decade or more - and ensure Labour does not get another crack at cracking the economy.

A vote for Ukip in 2015 is a vote for a Labour administration, with or without the Lib Dems in another 'fun' coalition.

claig Tue 13-May-14 12:38:58

The answer lies in the polls. Those are what the spinners and the shower consult day and night and those are what is giving them a terrible fright.

The polls don't lie, even though some of the shower do.

They have run out of ideas, they told us they were all ears, some of them claimed bath plugs off us for years, so now they will be drowning their sorrows in beers.

TheHammaconda Tue 13-May-14 12:57:07

They have run out of ideas, they told us they were all ears, some of them claimed bath plugs off us for years, so now they will be drowning their sorrows in beers.

If Nigel Farage raps this in the next UKIP PPB I might just consider thinking about voting UKIP grin

ihatehousework2 Tue 13-May-14 14:07:11

Ooo, don't get them started on that point! He's a multicultural icon?!

ihatehousework2 Tue 13-May-14 14:07:47

That was for ironmaiden99!

ihatehousework2 Tue 13-May-14 14:09:14

DH still thinks a common sense party would do well?

Isitmebut Tue 13-May-14 14:25:57

Claig .... if the polls = competence, the last Labour administration wouldn't have 100-seat Westminster majorities plus, to do their long term damage to the economic and social structure of this country.

As to Ukip receiving £78k salary and £3,500 a month 'bath plug' money, whether an MEP claims it or not - lets see what value we get out of the highly paid 'Swampy' protesters, making sure Britain's interests are put first, in theory prerequisite for electing them;

"Ukip MEPs are laziest in Europe, missing a third of debates as Cameron warns UK needs politicians who will 'turn up'

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2626937/Ukip-MEPs-laziest-Europe-missing-debates-Cameron-warns-UK-needs-politicians-turn-up.html
"Ukip ranked bottom in league table of 76 parties from across the EU"

"On average its MEPs turned up for just 61.1% of votes over five years"

"Lib Dems best UK party with more than 3 MEPs, attending 87% of votes"

• David Cameron says European Parliament elections 'do matter'

Isitmebut Tue 13-May-14 14:29:46

Ukip MEP's are no doubt still playing with their ....."bath plugs" instead of getting their wet ar$es out of the tub to vote.

Isitmebut Tue 13-May-14 14:33:25

£3,500 gives you a "bath plug" for every occasion ...including putting it in ones gob quickly, when having something racist or homophobic to say.

Isitmebut Tue 13-May-14 14:41:37

£3,500 a month pays for a photo-shoot - where Farage surrounds himself with 'token' ethnic groups and says FORGET 20-years of racism, where the issue of what muslim women wear over their faces is more important in a General Election than the issues - LOOK at my £3,500 photo instead, it PROVES we are not. Guffaw.

If any other party had done that, Farage would have thrown the sceptical kitchen sink at that farce, never mind it's sink plug.

ironmaiden999 Tue 13-May-14 14:44:37

ihatehousework. I'm glad you agree he's a multicultural icon, too true. Did you see him with all his ethnic candidates, this demigod now appeals to all!

Ooh…... don't you go all of a shiver at he mere mention of his name!

ihatehousework2 Tue 13-May-14 14:53:56

Ironmaiden99 - I'm completely lost on this thread! I'm still sinking under the politics discussed under my initial comment. The icon comment was actually re: st. George! Ha! I sent it just as isitmebut sent theirs! Perhaps I should get back to being a politics hermit and crawl under my complete lack of politics understanding.

slug Tue 13-May-14 14:58:56

BNP A party with so few ideas they had to repeat them all twice to fill in a 3 minute party political boradcast.

DH and I were howling with laughter at "No Sharia Law" and "Adrian's Wall"

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Tue 13-May-14 15:13:53

We had an English Democrat for mayor - he was useless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now