ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Who or what is the Communities United Party?

(8 Posts)
tiggytape Tue 06-May-14 13:20:47

I am in London and have had one of their flyers through the door.
I'd never heard of them.
They have a big Eagle on the front of the flyer so it looks almost American, the colour scheme made me think they might be left wing but their policies look vaguely UKIP

Does anyone know?
I can't make out what they are standing for. Social justice in London apparently and taking the authorities to court about parking fines?

bobthebuddha Tue 06-May-14 22:47:55

I had one through the door today and on first read they seemed more pro-EU. But a short bit of Googling seems to indicate they're a bit of a cowboy outfit. And they've been so legally vexatious against Newham Council they're barred from bringing any further legal action...

tiggytape Tue 06-May-14 22:59:25

Thanks bob - their message was obviously lost on me totally then!

I Googled a bit but they can't be that high up the listings as I got links to party companies of the variety that sell pretty paper cups as opposed to a political party called CUP.

Our borough is usually seen as too much of a safe seat to ever get any much in the way of leaflets or campaign flyers but we've had loads this time. There are local elections for us on the same day so that probably explains the extra activity.

bobthebuddha Wed 07-May-14 12:10:39

Same here tiggytape. Loads of political leaflets this time round. Even one personally addressed to me by the Conservative party. Nice to know I'm on a name and address hitlist hmm

OOAOML Wed 07-May-14 13:26:44

Our conservative party mailing was to DH and I in the same name order as the electoral roll so I'm assuming they used that.

bobthebuddha Thu 08-May-14 10:47:29

Yes, that was my assumption too. It annoys me though.

OOAOML Thu 08-May-14 13:50:19

I get annoyed when parties write to us separately with a 'man leaflet' and a 'woman leaflet'. I do realise they probably have research that shows this to be effective but I find it patronising.

bobthebuddha Thu 08-May-14 15:19:46

Don't find much in politics that isn't patronising these days tbh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now