Slimeball Huhne blames media conspiracy

(3 Posts)
longfingernails Mon 09-Sep-13 13:48:47

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/08/despise-politicians-my-part-murdoch-machine

It wasn't the affair, or transferring the points, or lying about it with his pious holier-than-thou spiel for months. After all, national newspapers have never exposed dodgy politicians before... No, Mr Huhne, with his immaculately pressed trousers, was apparently set upon because of Leveson...

He disgusts me.

The more Huhne types (of all parties) we can throw out of Parliament, the better.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 10-Sep-13 14:17:07

I think this was less 'conspiracy' and more 'opportunism' on the part of the press. If someone is so stupid as to badmouth their ex by confessing to criminal behaviour to a reporter .... what self-respecting journo is going to pass it up?

MrJudgeyPants Tue 10-Sep-13 19:48:20

I found his argument that it was the newspapers that ruined his marriage to be particularly egregious. I'd have thought that shagging his assistant would have done it really but, oh no, Huhne's piety is total and he wasn't to blame. Like you say, parliament without this tit is a much better place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now