Can we discuss the Green Party?

(53 Posts)
sheisaba Wed 03-Apr-13 18:51:38

I pretty much have lost my faith in all the major parties. I cannot vote lib dem again after this coalition debacle. Labour are a lost cause and I can't see myself voting for them again.

Their inability to meaningfully oppose the coalition at this time is terribly disappointing. TBH, I think they are too in the pockets of big corps to be an effective opposition party.

So who is left? I like the Green party's official line, especially about creating a fairer society. So any one who knows more about politics able to tell me if they are really worth a shot? Will they be another lib dems that would sell their souls at the first sniff of power?

I want to be able to vote for a party that won't disappoint that would at least make a credible opposition to the mainstream.

superstarheartbreaker Wed 10-Apr-13 23:15:39

Thank goodness we have one party that is interested in sustainability , that's all I can say. Unfortunately most people won't vote for them
which means we are all screwed! as many are very short sighted and cannot see how sustainable energy and sustainable living equals sutainable economic growth. Most people are only interested in what is on their plates NOW and how much they have on their plates. I feel taht Green policies address the bigger picture.

Startail Wed 10-Apr-13 23:22:35

In practical dreamers, who need to grow up.

Why dreamers Startail?

The current government in a long line of governments blue and red have not done enough to make sure the less well off are in a position not to need benefits (and I'm talking about shitty wages requiring state top up) and we continue to waste resources. Being "green" is actually about being more efficient and effective in a sustainable way - a message which I think the greens could do more to promote.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now