Justice for Men and Boys - Isn't this exactly why we need feminism

(1000 Posts)
wickeddevil Sat 30-Mar-13 22:27:42

Heard Justice for Men and Boys Founder Mike Buccanan on Womens Hour earlier today complaining that men pay 72% of all income tax.
Well isn't that because they have more income?
And instead of complaining about the feminist agenda doesn't it demonstrate why we need it?

This is an April fool right? This guy can't be serious surely...??
You'd think...

Maybe men should be made to sign a form accepting responsibility for any prospective progeny before they get their penises out in the first place?

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Tue 02-Apr-13 00:06:54

Nope.
Mike's back, setting back the agenda for true equality a decade or two.
My sons won't thank you for this, Mike.
Watch out for the 2 eldest though. If they put their minds to it. <proud>

Pan Tue 02-Apr-13 00:07:16

Mike, given that you like to quote 'feedback', can you quote some of this stuff on your site? In the interest of 'balance'?

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Tue 02-Apr-13 00:07:26

Nope being a response to Saggy

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Tue 02-Apr-13 00:08:07

Saggy's first post garn

MikeBuchanan Tue 02-Apr-13 00:25:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

And your point is?

Sunnywithshowers Tue 02-Apr-13 00:36:57

It appears Mike knows my stepmother.

Good night all.

So there are other bigots out there too? Hardly news. If there weren't misogynist bigots out there, we wouldn't need feminism.

Hey Mumsnet, the ones who are mothers of boys - do you fear for them in this age of dodgy feminist dogma? No? I thought not.

TranceDaemon Tue 02-Apr-13 00:42:39

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Uruguay Tue 02-Apr-13 00:43:36

Sunny grin

Did someone pop a fiver in a card for you Mike?

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Uruguay Tue 02-Apr-13 00:45:35

I have boys. I think they'll be all right wink

Mike, I do dread to think of the experiences you have had in your life to make you hate women so much.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 02-Apr-13 08:21:11

Did you insist on compulsory paternity tests when your own kids were born? confused And just how far did the mother of your children drop kick you down the maternity ward as a result...?

wickeddevil Tue 02-Apr-13 08:47:00

No still don't get it.
Cannot see such a misogynistic campaign group making any positive contribution to society. For men or women.
A fair society would reward men & women equally for the work they done (and then collect taxes just as equally)
A decent society would support victims of DV regardless of their gender or the gender of the perpetrator. And would act to prevent it.
Not Mr Buchannon's agenda then.

seeker Tue 02-Apr-13 08:56:36

So assuming that your DNA at birth policy happens, what will you do to make sure that the men who are proved o be the fathers of their children contribute financially,practically and emotionally to the raising of those children?

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 02-Apr-13 09:00:19

BTW.... the 'KKK' reference that Buchanan objects to was quite apt. That group believed that when human rights for African Americans were improved this somehow was detrimental to the white population. Exactly the same irrational response that says improving conditions for women makes things worse for men... Quite incorrect.

seeker Tue 02-Apr-13 09:04:10

It's all about the mistaken belief that there aren't enough human rights to go round- if a disadvantaged group have some, it has to involve taking them away from someone else. When what actually happens is that privilege is taken away from one group, and rights are given to another- so both groups end up level.

wickeddevil Tue 02-Apr-13 09:55:38

Instead of DNA at birth perhaps Mr B would prefer men to go through pregnancy, labour and childbirth. Now that could be justice. (Grin)

ElBurroSinNombre Tue 02-Apr-13 10:08:08

Wicked,

I believe that it is possible for a male to have a fertilised egg implanted and to go through pregnancy - I am not sure how the birth is handled, presumably caesarian. I have a feeling that this has happened somewhere already.
Maybe in Mike's brave new world this will be the way forward and there would be no need for DNA testing at birth either! Double bubble!

SolomanDaisy Tue 02-Apr-13 10:16:40

If the BBC didn't keep giving him a platform, this would just be another green ink internet frother.

ElBurroSinNombre Tue 02-Apr-13 10:24:34

Kind of agree Soloman but I am interested in ideas / viewpoints and there was some interesting (if controversial) stuff in there. The fact that male suicides are far more common than female ones was mentioned but not really explored.

seeker Tue 02-Apr-13 10:35:54

The main reason there are more men than women committing suicide is that men tend to use more effective methods, and are therefore more successful.

seeker Tue 02-Apr-13 10:39:13

I think women attempt suicide slightly more often than men.

ElBurroSinNombre Tue 02-Apr-13 10:42:37

seeker,
That explanation does not really address the underlying reasons. Many suicide attempts are a 'cry for help'. It would seem from what you say, that for men this is less often the case.

This thread is not accepting new messages.