How do I get hold of my certificate of Baptism?

(10 Posts)
bungalowbelle Sun 22-Jun-08 15:08:12

My mum says she was never given it and I need it.

duvetgirl Sun 22-Jun-08 15:09:59

I have lost my marriage certificate. How do I get hold of a copy of that?

unfitmother Sun 22-Jun-08 15:14:30

You can get a copy from the parish register of the parish you were baptised/married in.
Contact the priest/vicar.

bungalowbelle Sun 22-Jun-08 15:33:49

Thanks.

duvetgirl Sun 22-Jun-08 15:46:22

Thank you

MaryBS Sun 22-Jun-08 21:09:25

Best to get it sorted sooner rather than later if you are likely to need it soon. When I contacted the church I'd been baptised in, the records had been archived, and I had to apply to the diocesan central archives to get it.

duvetgirl Sun 22-Jun-08 22:30:37

thanks MaryBS (wavesfrom nas, shush)

MaryBS Sun 22-Jun-08 22:55:54

ivykaty44 Sun 22-Jun-08 23:05:45

Contact the County record office for the county that you were baptised - the parish register should have been handed inrto the office when the register is full - obviusly this will depend on how busy the church has been since and how old you are smile

The cost of a baptism certificate is £12 - it is a standard price across the counrty.

The above is for Church of England baptisms - a not non conformist e.g Catholic Methodist etc

A marriage certificate - there are several place to apply

General Register Office - apply and you can do that online or telephone the price is £8.50 if you phone them with the GRO reference number it is more expensive if you do not have the reference - about £11 www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/order_certificates/obtain_certificates/how--to--apply--and--pay.asp

The local register office that covers the civil registration district where you got married - they will charge you £7

Or the church/county record office wherever the marriage register now is and you can get a copy.

This is if you married in england or wales - abroad will be different for getting another copy.

Spidermama Mon 23-Jun-08 14:05:55

Excellent and thourough post IK. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now