Kundalini awakening

(3 Posts)
Bolognaise Wed 21-Sep-16 11:49:14

Anyone had this? Care to share?

I'm getting quite into learning various mystery school teachings atm and have always been fascinated by the occult but I'd like to travel the path rather than just read about it iyswim

Probably a bit woo for mumsnet but perhaps someone out there will be interested by this also x

BlindAssassin1 Thu 22-Sep-16 09:32:50

I used to go to a kundalini yoga class a few years ago. For want of a better description it was way more woo than other types of yoga I've tried over the last couple of decades.

My teacher was a nice person though a bit on the flaky side - she'd forget to turn up to class! I think this is because of the type of practice.

It made me very 'heady', a bit of a space cadet tbh, though I did have some very strong experiences when practicing various kria sets.

There's a book by Gopi Krishna called 'Kundalini - the evolutionary energy in man', which tells the story of one man who experienced awakening without a teacher and the struggle with the side effects.

I would strongly recommend a very experienced teacher, perhaps in a centre somewhere. I'm not saying that everyone is a charlatan but lots of people don't know what they are doing and its too intense to be left to a half-arsed approach. I've met people who seemed stoned out of the game - permanently.

Two little things I learned that may be of use: after a meditation or practice, rest your forehead on the floor to ground yourself. Or face a wall and place your palms against the wall for a few moments, again to ground yourself.

HTH. Much luck and light to you.

orenisthenewblack Mon 26-Sep-16 20:26:00

Bumping. Very interested in this kinda thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now