Baptism present for a two year old girl?

(7 Posts)
DarlingCoffee Sat 09-Apr-16 17:42:13

Hello, hoping for some advice and ideas from all you wise MNers. Our friends' daughter is getting baptised in a few weeks and we have been invited to the service and party. Is it good form to buy a gift or is it usually just family who buys the presents (we are not especially religious if this makes a difference?). If we should buy a gift, what would you recommend? I really have no clue! Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

LucyMouse Sat 09-Apr-16 17:48:02

I would buy a gift. I'd get a children's bible or another keepsake sort of book, perhaps a children's encyclopaedia or a set of classic children's stories.

Lovelydiscusfish Sun 10-Apr-16 18:59:00

Yes, I would get something small. "Stories Jesus Told" is a lovely picture book for children - my dd got it for her baptism, and she loves it now, at nearly 4.

Starman16 Sun 10-Apr-16 19:08:01

To me a bible or similar is something the family would give - I would get a nice keepsake edition of a classic children's book eg Alice in Wonderland, Narnia books, Peter Pan (especially if you are not religious yourselves). Folio Society do some lovely ones. Or if you wanted something 'younger' maybe Beatrix potter or Winnie the Pooh.

DarlingCoffee Mon 11-Apr-16 09:41:51

Thank you!!

DarlingCoffee Mon 11-Apr-16 10:05:44

PS Love the Folio website thanks for the suggestion Starman16 I have bought her a copy of Stuart Little, perfect.

Starman16 Mon 11-Apr-16 12:54:13

Oh that sounds lovely! Glad to be of service smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now