White feathers...

(6 Posts)
theforceisbroken Mon 15-Feb-16 13:38:45

I feel a bit bonkers posting this, but here goes...

A few weeks ago I was at the park with my son when I looked down at the same moment that a white feather landed on my boot. It was tiny, soft, and downy. Immediately I thought of my first pregnancy, which ended in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. The day I found the feather was 4 years to the day that my miscarriage started. Another odd thought popped into my head at the same moment. I just thought, "Oh, I must be pregnant again, and that's the baby I lost coming back."

That's not a normal thought process for me and I tried to shake it off, although I kept the feather in my pocket and when I got home I put it underneath the little figurine I bought to remember my first pregnancy.

A few days later, I got a familiar metallic taste in my mouth; a few other symptoms followed, and so I took a pregnancy test. It was positive.

Since then I've had a steady stream of these little white feathers, and I cannot stop thinking about my first pregnancy, and what they might mean. Its not that I've ever forgotten my first pregnancy -- of course every now and then I wonder what might have been and I've always thought of that pregnancy as my first child rather than just a cluster of cells -- but now it's rarely from my thoughts.

Has anyone... had this before? I mean specifically relating to pregnancy? I'm not a very spiritual person, although many of the women on my mum's side of the family are, and I feel very odd about it.

urbanfox1337 Mon 15-Feb-16 14:22:18

Don't know about the pregnancy connection, but I can imagine it being on your mind when you go to a park filled with kids running around.

At my local park where I go to think, there is loads of those small white feathers blowing around.

OhYouLuckyDuck Mon 15-Feb-16 14:24:09

If it's a comforting thought for you then that's all that matters, it doesn't matter what we think.
Good luck with your pregnancy.

Foxsox Mon 15-Feb-16 14:25:44

My friend believes in the presence of feathers.

whether or not othrs do, I just wanted to say that this is such a lovely thread and I hope all goes well.

Bolognese Mon 15-Feb-16 15:42:58

I dont get it, I believe in feathers to, lots of birds have them. Why would it have anything to do with pregnancy? Is this to do with telling children the stork brings the baby?

LadyMaryofDownt0n Thu 18-Feb-16 07:42:41

Congratulations flowers

Your subconscious was working well that day. Listen to the gut feeling. I believe what I choose to believe & do should you, although you won't get much support on here.

If I were you I'd think about spiritualism & if it's something that's for you, why not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now