Do you believe in guardian angels?

(367 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

I have an 2mo DD and recently I have been finding white feathers in her cot, pram, Moses basket ect. I mentioned it to my mum and she suggested it could be an angel, I'm a little sceptical but I must admit it is a little bit strange.

So do you believe and have you had any experience of this?

MollyGetsHerWandOut Sun 01-Jun-14 15:39:21

As for the point made by hiddenhome, I am sure those that died and suffered had help from God, it may not have been in the form of feathers left in babygrows.

juule Sun 01-Jun-14 15:46:19

Bad guardian angels?hmm

Nulliferous Sun 01-Jun-14 15:51:54

No. Of course not. Feathers come from birds.

I think I may be too /literal/ for this thread.

elfycat Sun 01-Jun-14 15:54:50

Once during a meditation, while trying to settle some unpleasant life events and regrets, I felt someone place hands on my upper arms. Kind of like you would if you were comforting a non-huggish friend. I sort of sat there thinking. 'OK that's weird. And interesting. And erm... still there!'

A few years later at a woo-event someone I knew from the World of Woo told my that my particular guardian was a father from a past life. I don't really believe in past life stuff too much but it went into my 'file for later' brain. The sense of the hands on my arm certainly could be a paternal one.

I don't think every feather I see shows an angel has been past, but it reminds me of them. Mainly it reminds me that if you need support or comfort you can find it from somewhere, personal reserves, real people, God, Guardians. Those hiddenhome posted of could find it. Even if, sadly, it doesn't change their circumstances.

expatinscotland Sun 01-Jun-14 15:55:48

No.

MostWicked Sun 01-Jun-14 16:41:46

No, it's a load of nonsense.
Feathers float around in the air so end up in all sorts of places, they don't mean anything in particular.

Why do only some people deserve a guardian angel when there are others in the world who clearly need it more?

CoteDAzur Sun 01-Jun-14 22:47:52

No. I'm not 5 years old.

I can't think of many things sillier than an adult looking at bird feathers and thinking they must be from the wings (what?) of a mythical spiritual being.

headinhands Mon 02-Jun-14 13:12:22

it doesn't change their circumstances

So there's actually no point or benefit having an angel? You're better off relying on things like common sense and medicine etc. Guardian angels/god/spirit guides and whathaveyou care a lot less for poor people in developing countries then those of us who have access to health care and education.

IndigoBarbie Tue 03-Jun-14 20:13:56

There are definitely benefits to having an angel, especially when you are in trouble and you REMEMBER to ask them to help or intervene.

It's definitely worth a shot of asking for assistance - in any situation, life threatening or not.

Can someone on here prove to me that angels do not exist? I don't think so. Just like I cannot prove they do exist. For me, in my reality angels have literally been a god send.

I started a dialogue with my 'angels' around 10 years ago, when I wasn't really sure if they actually were real. Doreen Virtue books allowed me to explore this in what I felt was a safe manner. I'd seen shadows and invisible entities and been extremely sensitive to energies all my life, and now I was asking these so called 'angels' to come and give me a sign. And I left it at that. That was all, just a sign. I had purchased a pack of Angel Oracle Cards and left them on my bed...(yehhh feather heaven!!!) and when I got back after dinner that night there was a perfectly placed feather on the deck, where I either had to question my sanity OR, accept it as some kind of sign. I still have that feather to this day.

So, I took it from there and I asked them to give me consistent signs in groups of 3 - for example, If you are hearing me speak to me, please give me the same sign that I cannot dismiss 3 times. Meanwhile I was driving and kept just happening to glance and see car number plates with 333, 444, 555 etc on them. After a while I came to realise that this was one of my signs. Especially when on one very short journey I would see every combination from 111 up to 999 in the one 10 minute drive. OR, I would hear the same song 3 times in the same day with specific phrases that meant something to me.

It all just went on like that until I started seeing them in my mind's eye, and outside as sparkly lights in varying colours. I then heard them speaking to me in my mind. As part of the energy healing work I do, I connect in with other people's angels and pass on messages pertinent to that person at the time.

In recent years I started to drive home in a snowstorm and my car slid off as if it were about to hit the offramp central reservation, but it kept on going sliding down the offramp. I actually thought I was about to lose my life and then I was like - Oh freak...Angels angels angels angels. My car and me went into some kind of slow motion and it came very gracefully (while the back end was spinning out) to a halt right at the end of the slip road before a large roundabout. I will never forget that, they most definitely assisted me that night. At the time, I realised I had dreamt about my own head hitting the car windscreen just one week prior. It was the car I hadn't been driving, so I thought the dream was strange.

Angels can't text us or lift the phone to say hi....therefore they have to be very creative to communicate and do so when you start to speak with them and build up a trusting relationship. You are not handing any of your power over to angels, but you are thanking them for assisting you in this life, and for helping you to achieve certain things. Also, if you require emotional comfort or healing, all you have to do is ask.

You have to ask, that is all.

Then observe and let them know when you get their signs. It's an adventure that you will never forget, and in many cases you will be led directly to things that make your heart smile, and not just get parking spaces, you might ask them to give you the vibe on where you might find that special dress, or you may ask them to watch over your child as he or she sleeps at night. You may be lucky enough to see the room where your child sleeps filled with sparkly lights of a beautiful purple colour, and just say thanks for their presence there. Meanwhile, your optician agrees: you don't have eye problems because retina issues don't present as sparkly magenta/purple/yellow/green/golden/etc lights seen by both eyes.

I couldn't quite explain to my parents what exactly I was seeing or sensing from people when I was a young girl, and now I can communicate with my father from wherever he currently is in this universe. It wasn't sparkly lights back then though, I felt fearful of things and could sense vibes from others. Children can and do see angels, as they can see passed on loved ones. You don't have to be 5, it doesn't matter what age you are.

My point is this, and always has been: I love each and every one of you for being here - I would never disregard or make fun of your beliefs, as I have never been in your shoes, and I have never been you. I am here, sharing my story like many others, and if you feel drawn to angels, then just you start chatting to them.

See what happens, that is all.

IndigoBarbie Tue 03-Jun-14 20:17:35

sunshinemum
Angels don't stop you communicating with anyone else. I know there is a higher power, but you wouldn't have to chat through angels to get your message further up the vibration list if you see what I mean.

Angels can give a sense of touch, smell, feelings thoughts and signs as is seeing repetitive cues. However, the more you tune into your own intuition and body, the better the receiver you are for any communication you wish to embark on.

IndigoBarbie Tue 03-Jun-14 20:22:02

Molly, on your point re feeling the differences. It's a bit like sensing the vibration and trusting your heart to know the difference. Different energies do feel different and you come to recognise the energy signatures.

However, on the topic of guardian angels, their vibration is specifically aligned to their charge (ie human) and we each have at least one assigned to us for our lifetime here on earth. Therefore, when we make a connection to our own angel, there will be no interference with that communication as they speak on our soul vibration. This is my experience.

ashtrayheart Tue 03-Jun-14 20:24:55

No, nor Father Christmas or the tooth fairy!

headinhands Tue 03-Jun-14 21:00:04

Sigh. It's for you to show they do, not the disbeliever to show they don't.

IndigoBarbie Tue 03-Jun-14 22:42:54

headinhands! I've missed you!

It's not for anyone to prove or disprove - it's for each of us to have our own experience and interpret from that. The observer observes. Maybe the observer changes things. Who knows. What's real for me is not real for you.

This isn't prove yourself science, or repeatable actions to be measured - it's experiments with your own perceptions and reality. I speak my truth, and you speak yours. I deep bow to you holding fast to yours.

I am so glad you are on this thread, as you've given me much to think of on all of our previous dances together.

Iflyaway Tue 03-Jun-14 23:00:01

Yes!

Every morning I acknowledge God, the Goddess, Angels and Ascended Masters to be with me and everyone else.

Much more preferable than being a miserable old cynic.... grin

hesterton Tue 03-Jun-14 23:06:34

IndigoBarbie, out of interest, do you have paying clients?

IndigoBarbie Tue 03-Jun-14 23:09:11

hesterton, I am an energy healer. Clients do pay and they benefit greatly from my work. I don't offer an angel reading service if that's what you are aiming for here. When I spoke of angels, I was speaking from my own personal experience. Not one which I try to 'sell' to others.

hesterton Tue 03-Jun-14 23:14:44

Thanks- I did wonder.

KatieKaye Tue 03-Jun-14 23:15:02

I most definitely believe in guardian angels, and I know who one is....
After nearly 26 years of marriage, ex-h came home one night and said he was leaving. No warning at all. And I was just out of a week long stay in hospital, needing an urgent hysterectomy and told I had another disease with a 20% chance of surviving more than 5 years.
I thought my world had ended and there was no pint in living without him. I was 17 when we met, married at 20 and would have done anything for him.
After a couple of days I managed to go to church and was praying for help in just keeping going. And then the psalm was announced. Not one I'd ever sung, but the faviurite of my best pals mum, who died before I met her. And I felt this sense of peace, that there was someone up there who was stretching out her hand to me and telling me it would be alright.
That gave me the strength to go on, to make a new life. And it was nearly 5 years ago, I'm still here and I'm healthy. I went into spontaneous remission and the doctor said it was a medical miracle (his exact words).
You might think all this was just chance, but I do believe my guardian angel saved me, because I was very close to suicide.

CoteDAzur Wed 04-Jun-14 08:27:29

"I am an energy healer..."

grin

What happens is you wave your hands over the bodies of gullible fools, claim you have 'healed' them with an imaginary 'energy', and said gullible fools part with their money.

CoteDAzur Wed 04-Jun-14 08:29:52

"guardian angels, their vibration is specifically aligned to their charge "

Stop. Please. Can't breathe. grin

Hakluyt Wed 04-Jun-14 09:32:46

You would have thought that a guardian angel would leave a feather that couldn't just as easily anve come from a cushion, duvet, pillow, down jacket or seagull. A silver one would be nice. Or pink?

Seriously. White feathers are everywhere. I can actually see one from where I'm sitting now,

Hakluyt Wed 04-Jun-14 09:35:25

"
It's not for anyone to prove or disprove - it's for each of us to have our own experience and interpret from that. The observer observes. Maybe the observer changes things. Who knows. What's real for me is not real for you."

But if you make categorical statements you have to support them. Particularly if you then use them to part people from their money. "I am an energy healer" is an excellent example of such a statement.

lottieandmias Wed 04-Jun-14 11:40:59

Indigo, I think my daughter sees angels - she sees a white man accompanied by the sound of chimes. Does this sound familiar?

sunshinemmum Wed 04-Jun-14 11:44:54

Indigo, since my understanding of angels is limited, I am interested to know, is there a particular philosophy behind your belief, or is it a kind of personal, perceptual feeling around angels?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now