higher existence

(11 Posts)
justyeh Sun 13-Apr-14 07:43:32

Just a simple question, have you had an experience that made you believe in god or a higher existence ? and what was it.

Yes but I'm a Christian and would expect to encounter God in prayer, at the Eucharist, in study and in social action.

specialsubject Sun 13-Apr-14 20:26:40

no. But plenty of education, experience and evidence that leads me not to believe.

Why do you ask the question justyeh ?

ohmymimi Thu 01-May-14 00:03:10

No. Quite the opposite.

justyeh Sun 11-May-14 06:10:58

Hi Greenheart, the reason i ask is i was brought up a catholic and went to catholic school and i would like to believe there is a god but..... ive had a bad life and cannot find any proof of god...but a friend of mine who does not believe in anything told me that she now believes in god because she has had an experience that she cannot explain...but it could only be from god...when i asked her what it was she said she could not tell me that it was only for her to know...which is why my question.

justyeh Sun 11-May-14 06:17:07

Hi Greenheart, the reason i ask is i was brought up a catholic and went to catholic school and i would like to believe there is a god but..... ive had a bad life and cannot find any proof of god...but a friend of mine who does not believe in anything told me that she now believes in god because she has had an experience that she cannot explain...but it could only be from god...when i asked her what it was she said she could not tell me that it was only for her to know...which is why my question.

deepinthewoods Sun 11-May-14 07:58:52

No, I don't believe in a higher existence.

thegambler Sun 11-May-14 16:25:30

Every day when I see my wife.............or so she tells me.

deepinthewoods Sun 11-May-14 16:31:29

ha ha !!

Hambo04 Sat 07-Jun-14 19:18:06

Only through meditation, you can come across experiences of varying qualities. Sometimes side effects if I can call it that like astral projection etc makes you realise that there is more to us that just existing as a human body. So on reflection I feel there is more to us and the universe, higher exitence, God or whatever name you wish to give it that exists out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now