Where do you buy your Christian stuff?

(7 Posts)
fluffyduckie Wed 01-Jan-14 12:52:32

Books, CDs, DVDs, home decorations, etc?

Most of the stuff I see is in American so there is quite a lot of postage to pay. For example DVDs like Homemaking 101 and Homestead Blessings are only available in the US region. Which isn't terrible as I can play them on my laptop but a lot of the time there doesn't seem to be a UK equivalent.

Same with magazines - I have made a real effort to give up celebrity and "lifestyle" type magazines and would like to replace these with something inspiring. I now subscribe to an Amish type magazine but again it is American so, while it is interesting, the gardening tips and products aren't really relevant.

Do you have any recommendations of products or sites in the UK?

scrappydappydoo Wed 01-Jan-14 13:02:43

www.Eden.co.uk are quite good for a range of books and CDs

crazymum53 Wed 01-Jan-14 14:31:27

You could try the Mothers Union magazine which has lots of household tips etc. Families First Magazine and is available on subscription. For current affairs and Christian News, I like Christianity magazine www.christianitymagazine.co.uk/?.

thanksamillion Wed 01-Jan-14 14:58:26

I have Woman Alive magazine, it feels a little dated (or maybe aimed at a slightly older age group) but it has some good articles.

sunnyspot Wed 01-Jan-14 17:11:04

UCB Word for Today.
Short daily inspirational messages - sets me up for the day !

WingDefence Sat 04-Jan-14 19:52:34

I use Eden.co.uk too and also Amazon (if you know what you're looking for). There may well be a local Christian bookshop (who tend to sell DVDs, CDs etc too) near you. It used to be a bit easier when Wesley Owen were a big presence on the high street but there are still lots of independent Christian shops out there.

HellesBellesThinksSometimes Sun 05-Jan-14 18:14:36

Magnet is a Christian magazine. I like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now