anger

(34 Posts)
couldsleepforahundredyears Sat 21-Dec-13 15:34:46

Not sure what I want to say here really. Maybe just to start a conversation about anger

I feel that my anger is getting out of control. I get angry every day, at stupid things and fly into rages very often. I feel like I've completely lost my sense of humour and things I would've found funny in the past now make me furious. I shout and scream at my partner and feel hatred towards him, even though I know deep down I love him dearly.

I know I have underlying issues from the past but I don't know how to deal with them. I've started reading anger management for dummies, but I'm so exhausted all the time I can't concentrate on the words.

How often do you feel angry? Does anyone have any tips, advice, stories they want to share?

curiousuze Sun 19-Jan-14 08:32:09

Hope the appointment goes well for you. If it helps, it seems that you CAN control your anger, because you don't go round screaming and shouting at everyone. Just your partner. So that is hopeful at least?

wanttosleepforever Tue 28-Jan-14 07:09:52

Hi there all

Just to update. I saw the doctor yesterday. He seemed more concerned with my tiredness, and saw this as something of which my anger is a symptom. So I'm having blood tests done today. Once we can rule out things such anaemia or thyroid problems, we can address the anger.

Thanks again for all your support.

wanttosleepforever Tue 28-Jan-14 07:14:43

Sorry I name changed!

ILoveAFullfridge Tue 28-Jan-14 07:18:30

An excellent start. Hold it in your mind that you are not dealing with this unsupported. Things will soon begin to improve.

wanttosleepforever Tue 28-Jan-14 08:10:13

Thanks fridge.

Don't know why but I feel kind of hopeless today. Just dropped little one off at nursery and I've got blood test at 9. Supposed to go straight to work from there but all I want to do is come back home and get in bed. Tempted to call in sick. I had 9 hours sleep last night for crying out loud! I should be raring to go.

Iloveafullfridge Tue 28-Jan-14 09:14:16

Stop beating yourself up! smile

Even if your tiredness was caused by simple lack of sleep, it would take more than one night's sleep to replenish you.

wanttosleepforever Tue 28-Jan-14 09:24:52

U

wanttosleepforever Tue 28-Jan-14 09:26:57

Thanks fridge. I feel even more awful now, walked past little one's nursery on way to doctors, and he saw me at windows, screamed mummy!!! And started balling his eyes out. I feel bloody awful now!!

wanttosleepforever Thu 30-Jan-14 09:44:38

Hello to anyone reading this

Couldn't sleep last night, so this morning I dropped little one off at nursery and called in sick to work. I'm just so tired. But now I can't sleep and feel anxious.

I hoped having the day to myself might make me feel more like my old self and make me feel better but it hasn't. Thought I'd watch a bit of daytime TV like I used to when I was a student and doze off, instead I'm posting on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now