The name of Jesus used in vain .....

(78 Posts)
jaabaar Tue 17-Dec-13 20:24:33

I am a catholic and try not to use the name of God and Jesus in vain.

My 4year old DD has started saying "Jesus" when she gets annoyed with something. When I asked her where did she he hear and learn this she told the name of a practitioner at nursery.

Am I being unreasonable to be upset about this?
Everything has to be so politically correct however in front of children in a school setting I didn't expect this kind of language.

Please put me into place if I'm over the top. I'm not going to complain to nursery or anything, just being annoyed about it.

1919 Tue 31-Dec-13 12:02:32

"I guess you have a low opinion of Nelson Mandela , as he was a Christian?"

Your logical reasoning is absolutely ridiculous.

atthestrokeoftwelve Tue 31-Dec-13 12:31:39

Countries like North Korea are run by a harsh regime which has neither religion or non religion at it's heart.
To suggest that it is the athiesm which shapes and dominates the regime there is laughable.

I do not have a low opinion of people- again your logic is deeply flawed. I have a low opinion of religion.

PS I have read the whole bible, New and old Testament- which I why I see your God as an egotistical, genicidal, jealous, venegful, infant murdering bigot.

bringoutthepringles you are claiming that all or most of the catholics and protestants in Germany were only pretending to be Christian?

In that case can we equally assume that all the Christians in the UK or for that matter the Vatican are also fake?. If you assure us otherwise then on what basis? Do you have evidence for either claim.

You might want to look up the "No true Scotsman" fallacy btw.

As for 'atheist countries' I'll join with atthestrokeoftwelve in asking you to define that. Atheists are not a group in the way you clearly think. Atheism is simply the lack of belief in your religion. You are atheist in relation to Islam and Paganism and the gods of Asgard I expect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now