Evidence of Ghosts

(93 Posts)
technodad Sat 26-Oct-13 19:58:25

Apparently I am not welcome to discuss the existance of ghosts on a thread started by someone who believes in them, so I thought I would start my own thread.

Everyone is welcome, you can all insult me as much as you want. I don't care if you try to offend me and my deeply held "beliefs".

So, my question:

Has anyone had a first hand experience of paranormal activity, and got a photo or video that they prove the existance of ghosts. If so, please can you post it (or a link to it on photobox or youtube), because I am intreagued what level of "evidence" people accept. - Please only post you own experience, with evidence, since, as you can imagine, if you say "I heard a noise in my kitchen" you will likely get told it was the fridge motor.

Thread warning - apparently (according to people on other threads), I am a complete bastard, and may say something on this thread that you find more offensive than you possibly can imagine... I may even say the phrase "ghosts don't exist", which may cause you to cry. Please only join in if you can cope with such aggression! wink

headinhands Tue 05-Nov-13 07:40:36

I'm sure the $1,000,000 cheque Mr Randi will hand you after viewing the video will make the hassle worth it

headinhands Tue 05-Nov-13 07:42:14

Sorry, just saw that your kids are in it. Maybe you can get a techie friend to edit them out?

CoteDAzur Tue 05-Nov-13 08:22:53

Gamerchick - I'd love to see your orbs. PM me a link please.

CoteDAzur Tue 05-Nov-13 08:25:18

I forget the faces of most people I meet - no need to worry about your kids being in the video smile

curlew Tue 05-Nov-13 08:29:58

I'd like to see your orbs too. It's very unusual for there to be good pictures or film of such phenomena.

gamerchick Tue 05-Nov-13 08:31:51

I'm not showing it to prove ghosts.. I want to know what it really is. Complete with proof and zen diagrams grin

Tech dad read this carefully as it's the last time I'm going to say it.

The video was taken on a friends phone and uploaded to Facebook. There is no option to save it to a computer... I can't get it off Facebook.

And what would be the point of editing... wouldn't you then just say that it had deliberately been put in? [Hmm]

CoteDAzur Tue 05-Nov-13 08:47:43

I need to get ready to go running in a minute. Will you send a link to the FB page or not?

curlew Tue 05-Nov-13 08:53:55
gamerchick Tue 05-Nov-13 09:22:37

I'm terribly sorry I had to take my child to school. Please forgive me hmm

gamerchick Tue 05-Nov-13 09:25:25

Is there a simple way to send a pm there doesn't seem to be an option in profile?

CoteDAzur Tue 05-Nov-13 11:24:05

Seriously? Well, look at this post. Next to CoteDAzur Tue 05-Nov-13 etc, you will see:

Add message | Report | Message poster

Click on "Message poster". HTH.

gamerchick Tue 05-Nov-13 11:45:22

I have top.. reply... report

Tell you what.. pm me and ill just reply to that. smile

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 05-Nov-13 12:03:22

Head, would you be more likely to believe your friend is in need if she tells you so over an anonymous Internet poster? Or would you believe them both the same? Who if either, would you loan the money to?

curlew Tue 05-Nov-13 12:06:23

If would lend money to a friend before I would lend it to an anonymous person over the internet.

But I don't see why knowing somebody personally makes their testimony about paranormal experiences any more reliable. One of my oldest friends is convinced that when she was 4 she saw a real fairy. I know she didn't- the fact that I know her to be an honest and reliable person doesn't make her more likely to be right about this.

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 05-Nov-13 12:06:31

Techno, has anyone actually said you were a "complete bastard", or are you seeing things that aren't there?wink

technodad Sun 10-Nov-13 22:17:38

I don't get it.

gamerchick Mon 11-Nov-13 08:25:28

It's Is purely curiosity TD so feel free to ignore.

How would you have replied to this thread?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/parenting/1903659-Any-tips-for-getting-rid-of-the-monsters-under-the-bed

technodad Mon 11-Nov-13 21:55:06

Reassure the kid that monsters don't exist. Make sure there are no underlying reasons why the child is anxious about his/her bedroom at night time.

Pretty much the same advice I gave on the ghost thread.

Why do you ask?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now