Were you brought up in your current religion?

(27 Posts)
peachmint Mon 16-Sep-13 12:26:50

I'm feeling curious about everyone's spiritual journeys. Did you grow up with your religion or come to it later, either from a secular background or from another religion?

My family background is Catholic and I decided it wasn't for me a long time ago for various reasons. I saw myself as agnostic for a long time, but a few years ago I started to feel like something was missing, began going to my local Anglican church and loved it.

What about everyone else?

I was brought up C of E and was sent to Sunday School although my parents didn't go to church.

I became agnostic during my teens but much to my surprise had a experience of the Holy Spirit during my first year at university so I started going to church to try and work out what this was all about. I now work for the Church of England.

I was brought up Catholic, but we lived near some beautiful countryside, so it's not any wonder that I found divinity through nature. I'm now pagan/Wiccan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now