Any Pagans/Wiccans in the house?

(42 Posts)
AwayWithTheFay Sat 14-Sep-13 12:40:13

Merry Meet!
I wanted to know if there are any other Pagans/Wiccans here on MN? If so what are your plans for the Autumn Equinox? smile

SecretWitch Fri 25-Oct-13 13:22:18

Msmiggins, your comment is so true. My prayers to the Mother Goddess have never gone unanswered. Her blessings abound.

FrightRider Sat 26-Oct-13 23:00:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SecretWitch Sat 26-Oct-13 23:30:29

Ahhh, Fright, that makes sense. I feel a very strong pull this year to use my dowsing rods. I put them away for a bit as I was getting mixed signals. I so want to honour the Goddess and give thanks for all the blessings I have received over the year.

I always feel more 'alive' and attuned in Autumn and Winter. Not odd as I am an earth sign.

oakmouse Sun 27-Oct-13 14:05:32

Fright that makes sense to me too. Air (and water) seem to be doing weird things with these winds predicted and great storms with heavy rain. Earth just feels very lush, almost too much with so much abundance in our hedgerows and woodlands. I am not sure about fire energies, that is an element that scares me...I would love to know more about how others are experiencing this. I have felt an intense hunger for connection with like-minded people this year maybe because yes, I do notice more psychic connections this year and I wonder how many more people are being called or being called back to this path.

I have tried to be "non-woo" for years, it only made me miserable. If you are like this, you are. I've actually become more grounded and sensible since I stopped trying to suppress it but it does become so lonely sometimes when you have to keep it toned down or under wraps sad I think you have to risk being "wrong" or "silly" to learn anything - it is a very experiential path isn't it? smile

FrightRider Sun 27-Oct-13 15:16:06

MurderOfBanshees Sun 27-Oct-13 15:21:24

I'm about as non-woo as you get. thlgrin

I'm weirdly looking forward to the storm tonight, nothing quite like watching mother nature in full swing. Be sad to see overturned trees though, always makes me feel a bit mournful.

SecretWitch Sun 27-Oct-13 20:44:26

I will be thinking of all of you in the storms path and asking the Goddess to keep you from harm flowers

kathykattt Thu 31-Oct-13 07:04:58

heyyyy I'm a pagan from the north east smile

hellyd Thu 31-Oct-13 07:45:00

Hi ladies,
I have always felt drawn towards pagan ideas but would like to learn more could you recommend some books for a beginner.
Thank you

SkullyAndBones Thu 31-Oct-13 10:04:21

MurderOfBanshees Thu 31-Oct-13 10:42:32

Hope everyone is having a good Samhain so far xxx

oakmouse Thu 31-Oct-13 13:45:08

Samhain Blessings to you too, Skully and Murder (those names make me grin. My Samhain plans have been tipped up in the air by poor dh being ill...having to rethink! Would love to hear about everyone else's smile

SkullyAndBones Thu 31-Oct-13 14:01:46

Jakebullet Thu 31-Oct-13 14:09:26

I used to be Pagan (am now Catholic.....go figure lol).

For HellyD

I would echo Scott Cunningham's book as a fab first read about Paganism and Wicca.
Silver Ravenwolf......okay but very airy fairy.....possibly because it is very American. I loved The Spiral Dance by Starhawk but it's not evreryone's cup of tea.
Anything by Kate West.....I love and still have a copy of The Real Witches Kitchen and The Real Witches Garden. She also has a book called The Real Witches Handbook which is great.

Jakebullet Thu 31-Oct-13 14:10:57

Oh....and Samhain Blessings to you all smile

MostlyLovingLurchers Thu 31-Oct-13 16:30:10

HellyD - i would add to the book recommendations when starting out RaeBeth - Hedgewitch, and Marian Green - A Witch Alone. You may also like to try Pagan Paths by Pete Jennings, which sets out the different traditions. so you get a feel what may be right for you.

I came across a dead newborn calf this morning and the juxtaposition of new life with death seemed very symbolic, especially today, beginnings and endings. Has left me feeling quite reflective and a bit sad. I find it much harder to reflect on our mortality since being a mother - i guess that is normal?

What fun i'm going to be this evening! I have some home-made mead though that should improve my mood thlsmile.

A happy and peaceful Samhain to all x

smilesallround247 Wed 06-Nov-13 10:21:31

hi there a little random question- are there any good books on having a pagan pregnancy? or just pregnancy from a pagan perspective?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now