Lammas 2013 - anyone have plans?

(7 Posts)
Earthymama Mon 19-Aug-13 10:16:08

DP and I usually celebrate together at home.

Ritual Circle, nice food, thinking of how to make positive changes.

This year a friend joined us as we had been on a workshop earlier in the year and realised our Paths have much in common. It was very interesting to feel the change in dynamics.

I really enjoyed it, though we will celebrate the Harvest Moon on Wednesday just the two us again.

I can't wait for Samhain, going to Spiral Dance in San Francisco. grinsmile

marissab Thu 01-Aug-13 18:15:32

I took my eldest to a corn maze today and we talked about how today is the 1st harvest day of the old english traditions. I will be drinking the tiny bit of honey liquor i have left tonight with a piece of courgette cake. My own harvest from our garden grin

Flobbadobs Wed 31-Jul-13 19:13:51

I'm waiting for the IL's to start the first harvest before I do anything, should be this weekend if the weather improves. Am not doing anything formal, a loaf to share and my FIL will put aside a handful of the first cut for me.

EatingAllTheCrumpets Wed 31-Jul-13 13:27:17

Nice to know there's someone else out there grin

I've not yet seen a harvested field yet, but I suspect it wont be long!

Waes Hail

EatingAllTheCrumpets Wed 31-Jul-13 13:19:58

Nice to know there's some

No formal plans this year. We will probably raise a toast to John Barleycorn at some point over the coming days. I haven't seen my first harvested wheat field yet - when I do, I know Lammas is here.

Waes Hail!

EatingAllTheCrumpets Tue 30-Jul-13 15:48:29

My first Heathen Lammas this year. Very excited as harvest festivals seem to resonate deeply with me. Will be making a loaf of bread for "sacrifice" and one to eat.

So as I'm the only Heathen I know... In fact only pagan I know, I'd love to hear how you celebrate Lammas, if you do grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now