Things you miss slightly about being Catholic (though not enough to go back)

(14 Posts)
wigglesrock Fri 19-Jul-13 09:20:58

God, I love a good Holy medal and Cemetery Sunday.

I have no real fear of death and my kids have been to funerals, graveyards etc.

We still go to mass, well I do with the kids every so often. I think I was sniffily called a cultural Catholic a while back wink

Mother Mary - especially since having my child. Just know that she would understand smile

VivaLeBeaver Thu 18-Jul-13 20:42:37

11. The sexy parish priest.

curryeater Thu 18-Jul-13 20:41:21

10. Lovely kind nuns

BabyILoveYou Thu 18-Jul-13 20:35:40

9. Skiving out of double Maths with the need to urgently confess your terrible mortal sins.

LucySnoweShouldRelax Thu 18-Jul-13 19:01:41

7. Lost something? Not to worry, pray to St Anthony.

8. Having a mob of dead relatives keeping an eye out for you and looking after you from beyond the grave.

curryeater Thu 18-Jul-13 15:30:39

6. feeling more badass than other Christians who don't live with stuff like mortal sin and the fear of hell every day

curryeater Thu 18-Jul-13 15:29:32

Numbering, people, numbering!

4. praying and knowing that it is heard (chibi)

5. As a child I used to do a weekly reading at the pulpit .... I loved standing there reading aloud, hardly understood what I was reading, but loved been up on the altar ..... (iwantavuvezela)

iwantavuvezela Thu 18-Jul-13 14:29:54

As a child I used to do a weekly reading at the pulpit .... I loved standing there reading aloud, hardly understood what I was reading, but loved been up on the altar .....

chibi Thu 18-Jul-13 14:29:29

i say prayers for my grandmother and they fly out of me like leaves on a wind, i don't know where they go or who finds them

who do i help with these? i don't know

i am one giant theological question mark at the mo lol

chibi Thu 18-Jul-13 14:27:39

yy to tchotchkes.

praying and knowing that it is heard.

curryeater Thu 18-Jul-13 14:22:53

3. frisson of anti-little-england rebellion

curryeater Thu 18-Jul-13 14:21:54

2. lurid tchotchkes with lush, strawberry-like sacred hearts, completely unironically given and received.

curryeater Thu 18-Jul-13 14:19:58

1. people saying "pray for me" all the time. Sweet and humble. especially when you are a child and the person saying it is very important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now